SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-19, 07:42 PM   #16
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sckallst View Post
Here s the procedure I got in an email from GG. Iy's more or less "brute force and hope".

It hasn't worked for me yet, but if anybody else wants to try with their copy have at it.
I don't know if I'd post my CD Key thingy here.
Old 04-22-19, 08:14 PM   #17
sckallst
Bosun

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
I don't know if I'd post my CD Key thingy here.
I didn't post anything "real". That is an simple example text directly quoted from the support e-mail I got from GG, and the actual manual activation codes are a much, much longer text string.

I'm skeptical that this procedure will work. I think Tages simply doesn't have any codes for these games anymore.
sckallst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 08:43 PM   #18
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sckallst View Post
I didn't post anything "real". That is an simple example text directly quoted from the support e-mail I got from GG, and the actual manual activation codes are a much, much longer text string.

I'm skeptical that this procedure will work. I think Tages simply doesn't have any codes for these games anymore.
Ah gotcha. I didn't think you'd do that, but sometimes it can slip your mind.

Yea, it's odd for a game that didn't come with server activation to suddenly need one. The easy fix would be for Gamewhatever to patch their crap out. But that won't happen!
Old 04-27-19, 06:39 PM   #19
MistaMeowmas
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Update

Hey guys,

Thought I'd update whats happened so far.

So, I contacted Ubisoft Support AND GG support.

Essentially what I got from both, is as follows in reverse;

GG support told me to try the Tages drivers, said that they contacted Tages about the issue but that they were unreachable (fantastic, that sucks for them, really. And me.) I never even got a reply after that from GG, so.. Guess they gave up, surprised that sckallst even got a helpful response from them.

Just the other day, I got contacted again by Ubisoft support, who passed it off up the line to their worker bees to decide what to do with the images of my receipt from both email and GG's purchase history, and after only two days, they got back to me, and attached a copy of SH4 to my Uplay account.

This was weird, since I had purchased Gold- So I told them, they contacted me the day later (today) and upgraded it to gold, and gave me an SH3 key when I requested.

A+ to the Ubisoft support for that, I am astonished with how quick they responded to me and how swift they were at handing over some copies of the games to me for what happened with GG. So... If anyones having issues with their copies from GG, if you haven't already purchased from other sources, then definitely look at contacting Uplay. Just make sure you get a picture of your email receipt and/or the purchase history page from GG.

See you all in Wolfpack or on the seas!

PS: I honestly wasn't expecting much from Ubisoft, I figured they'd give me the same responses as GG did, but holy he-- I was NOT expecting that, I am genuinely staggered and flabbergasted. Seriously, A+ for them, 100%.
MistaMeowmas is offline   Reply With Quote