SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-11-17, 10:49 AM   #1
modelrrfan51
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
radar Photo Recon

Hi, is there a secret to getting the camera to work. Mission is to photo a harbor and when look thru the attack or obserevation periscope, hit left mouse, lock target, but camera icon will not light up and can not get photo. Even got to 2000 yds of target ship and nothing. So am I missing step here.
Also, when you receive a mission and it show a yellow star with binoculars, does that indicate that you are to photo ship or land. Have notice when star has a triangle flag, will change when arrive at assigned area and start mission and will show completed.

Thanks, David
modelrrfan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 10:54 AM   #2
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Wrong Thread go post it in Silent HUnter IV section

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 03:12 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If you're doing "Stock" modelrrfan51, there are a few of the missions that are impossible to fulfill. Dave Grayson (aka: Florida Sailor) some years ago had a "fix" mod for that, but I cannot find it. The easiest thing to do would be to download THEBERBSTER's version of Webster's Game Fixes Only (aka: GFO), since he incorporated a fix in his mod. THEBERBSTER calls it THEBERBSTERS All In One Beginners Mega Mod for SH4. Don't take that name the wrong way though... The installation might be "beginner" oriented, since it's pre-set for a much easier install, but you can still die real fast in it, just like in Stock (which it basically is), if you're not careful with how you operate your boat...

As for the other stuff, the Photo Recon - if memory serves correctly, which it might not be - would have a camera icon in the star, and that the binocular in the star is a Patrol mission, where you stay so many miles within the center of the star for a given amount of time, say like 5 days. Some mods are 40nm, others might use 100nm. I cannot remember what Stock uses... but the figure should be in the orders you receive as you start the patrol from base.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 01:11 PM   #4
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelrrfan51 View Post
Hi, is there a secret to getting the camera to work. Mission is to photo a harbor and when look thru the attack or obserevation periscope, hit left mouse, lock target, but camera icon will not light up and can not get photo. Even got to 2000 yds of target ship and nothing. So am I missing step here.
Also, when you receive a mission and it show a yellow star with binoculars, does that indicate that you are to photo ship or land. Have notice when star has a triangle flag, will change when arrive at assigned area and start mission and will show completed.

Thanks, David
I've also noted that if you arrive at the port too soon, the target ships may not have arrived, and therefore you cannot photo them. Conversely, if you take too long to get there they may already have sailed, leaving non-target ships behind. Once in the harbor, look carefully at ALL the ships. Some are photo targets, some are not. Whatever you do, unless you have the juiciest target in the world, do not sink any ships that may be headed to the port you are supposed to enter. You may well sink the ship you were supposed to photograph, and thus will never complete the mission (not that completing it matters a whit to anyone but you, as long as that happens infrequently). The target ship must be in the port. Don't know if it has to be stationary, but it has to be in the port. Good luck!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 01:25 PM   #5
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Default PhotoRec_Fix_TMOall&Stock

I have the *.7z archive made by 'dgrayson'. I may have renamed it to 'Photo_Recon_Fix_MODs', not sure. The folder in the archive is named 'PhotoRec_Fix_TMOall&Stock' but I don't like using characters like '&' in a file name.

It was 'made' 5/24/2008. I'm sure that by version TMO 2.5 (12/23/2011) that Ducimus incorporated it into TMO, so this mod would mainly be for Stock. I pasted the Readme below, if you want it uploaded here let me know.
Quote:
This Mod is JSGME ready.

This MOD fixes all the Photo Recon problems for both the stock version of the game and all TMO versions up to 15B. It also works for the Training Wheels vesion. Always enable it after TMO or TMOWTW.

The only files touched are the Photo Recon Folders in the Patrol Objective Folder. All the missions were tested and they will allow completion of the objective.

Thanks to alieneddiexxx for getting me started on this. His testing led me to the solution.

Thanks to Ducimus for his help. He taught me how to test the missions.

dgrayson
subsowespac
ubi
Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 02:44 PM   #6
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi M
Photo recon does not work with the stock game as it is bugged.
GFO and other modded versions work fine.
Just use the L key to lock on to your objective and you will see the camera icon light up.
Pressing the icon will complete the objective.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote