Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-07-10, 03:10 PM   #16
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Added "jimimadrid's Tools"

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 03:18 PM   #17
laugi
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

an you give me a link where there is instructions where to download the mod in sh5 or how?
laugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 03:22 PM   #18
Pablo
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by laugi View Post
an you give me a link where there is instructions where to download the mod in sh5 or how?
Hi!

There are two lines beneath the description of each mod identified in the first post of this thread:
Discussion thread: This is the forum discussion thread for the mod
[Subsim] Download: This is the download URL as extracted from the discussion thread. Click it to download the mod in question.
Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
Old 03-07-10, 05:30 PM   #19
jazman
Commander

Downloads: 50

Supermod time, or I'll have 200 mods installed within a couple of weeks. That is just totally unworkable.
Old 03-07-10, 05:56 PM   #20
Woodybcn
Watch

Downloads: 38

Yes Jazman, I agree, it's time for a first MOD COMPILATION.
I'm waiting for the simulator because in Spain it'll apperar on march 11th
But I'm reading every day about this fabulous work that modders are doing to make playable SH5. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old 03-07-10, 07:25 PM   #21
lynx
Mate

Downloads: 506

very good work thanks!
lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 09:46 PM   #22
Pablo
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazman View Post
Supermod time, or I'll have 200 mods installed within a couple of weeks. That is just totally unworkable.
Hi!

I think the current approach is workable for now since there is a lot of work that is still on-going, and because JSGME is very good at allowing you to manage new versions of component mods.

I think the point to start considering "merged mods" is when the fixes start over-writing the same files, since the point of a "super mod" is to integrate mods that are otherwise incompatible.

Pablo

Old 03-07-10, 10:26 PM   #23
jazman
Commander

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Hi!

I think the current approach is workable for now since there is a lot of work that is still on-going, and because JSGME is very good at allowing you to manage new versions of component mods.

I think the point to start considering "merged mods" is when the fixes start over-writing the same files, since the point of a "super mod" is to integrate mods that are otherwise incompatible.
Quite agreed. I was exaggerating, but the mods will be coming fast and furious. There's a lot of work to be done.
Old 03-08-10, 12:24 AM   #24
Heretic
Commodore

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 2

Pablo,
The link for MightyFine Crew Mod 1.0 is obsolete. Current link is:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1572

thanks
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 12:40 AM   #25
Pablo
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Pablo,
The link for MightyFine Crew Mod 1.0 is obsolete. Current link is:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1572

thanks
Hi!

Updated. Thanks!

Pablo

Old 03-09-10, 12:04 PM   #26
shearerc
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

Thanks to all modders your fine efforts!
shearerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 12:00 PM   #27
Indietro
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I would like to ask all moders to use version numbers next to the thread name and update it when necessary. Version numbers hugely helps to follow all the news about the mod this way. Thanks.
Old 03-10-10, 12:13 PM   #28
Heretic
Commodore

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indietro View Post
I would like to ask all moders to use version numbers next to the thread name and update it when necessary. Version numbers hugely helps to follow all the news about the mod this way. Thanks.
The management recommends that we keep the same thread for each mod, rather then a new one for each release. It makes it a lot easier to keep all discussion of a particular mod in one thread rather than spread out over several.

Quote:
NOTE - when you are starting a mod thread it is recommended that the "version" number should NOT be used as part of thread title but instead please put any mod version number in the first line of the thread text so you can go back anytime and edit or update it as you see fit.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 12:55 PM   #29
Indietro
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
The management recommends that we keep the same thread for each mod, rather then a new one for each release. It makes it a lot easier to keep all discussion of a particular mod in one thread rather than spread out over several.
Ok.. The the thing is the amount of mods is increasing very rapidly. So to keep track on all of them you have to open every thread that begins with [REL] just to check that there is nothing new on that release. But if we could see the version in the thread title updated evey time something new has been added it would save loads of time don;t you think so ? I try to keep the track on all the mods I can but I just feel my head will soon gonna explode from sweeping them again and again when somebody makes a new post in the thread I honestly hope you get the idea how much it is frustrating for the guy who wants to follow any news on mods like mad
Old 03-10-10, 10:52 PM   #30
Pablo
Commodore

Added Salvo Spread Angle Dial by FLB Sale U-999

Tags
bug, features, mods, sh5