SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-18-16, 03:54 PM   #1
Hardigen
Sparky

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0
Default File problem

I,m trying to install the Empire Celt tanker into the game ,everything goes well until I copy and paste . ECT=Empire Celt Tanker into the Englishnames.cfg file I click save THEN another box comes on the screen with " Save as " on the top and File name of Englishnames in blue at the bottom. and all the ship names in the file in the box I click save on that ,then a small box pops up with , access denied in it . I cannot get the " Save as " box off the screen until I,ve cancelled the operation I,m trying to do. Does anyone know what is causing the problem ? I,m not too familiar with manually incorporating mods . The mod in question is " Empire Celt tanker by AG124
Hardigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-16, 05:06 PM   #2
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

A little bit more information on your computer/operating system, installation method and maybe a screenshot would be very helpful to be helpful.

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-16, 03:43 PM   #3
Hardigen
Sparky

Hi ,My system is windows 7 , and this is the screen shot ,I hope I,ve DONE that right at least , thx for reply M
Attached Images
File Type: jpg access.jpg (20.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-20-16, 08:19 PM   #4
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

You did nothing wrong, mate. Just more information was needed.

So you can't paste some data into a file.

Please have a look, if the attributes checkbox “writing protection” (or similar) for this file is checked.

Right-click the file you want to paste in and chose properties.
The pop up shows the checkbox at the bottom - over the checkbox “hidden”.
Uncheck it if necessary and retry to paste your data.

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-16, 03:54 PM   #5
Hardigen
Sparky

I,ve had a look at the properties and the "Hidden " is not checked , the path is in the 86x program files in the ubisoft folder so that could be the problem if Blitzkrieg is correct ,also I,m gonna have to look at the security set up it just might be that . I have no problem installing the first two instructions ,its when I add ECT= Empire Celt tanker to the cfg file . I click save, then a pop up comes on the screen saying " An Englishnames file already exists do you want to change it ? "Yes or No , which ever I click (and I,ve tried lots of times ) it says Access Denied . Tomorrow I will not have access to the computer for about a week ,so I,d like to thank you both for your help in trying to solve this problem, Good Hunting H
Old 08-09-16, 11:04 AM   #6
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

You can save the file if you start Notepad as an Administrator first (right click on the Notepad icon in Start Menu), then locate the file and open it to make changes.
Double-clicking on the cfg or text file just opens it as a normal user. And then when saving UAC kicks in trying to prevent you from modifying files anywhere in Program Files (whatever). Though the severity will depend on how lenient you have set the UAC settings in configuration panel.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote