SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-18, 06:51 AM   #6331
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

is there a mod for FOTRS which you can sail big battleship? or The NSS Shark?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-18, 09:12 AM   #6332
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Default FOTRSU medal

guys,

i searched this thread for a previous post and did not find one so i am posting this. my apologies if it is a known issue.

the medals appear to be out of sync. after the first career-patrol, i was awarded the navy cross (from the commendation text). the large medal in the middle of the screen was a CMoH. and the small medal to the left (where all of the patrol awards hang) appeared to be a bronze star.

is this something i can fix?
yes, i did a clean install prior to FOTRSU.

mb
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SH4\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.71_PublicBeta_E N
3 MaxOptics IV for SH4 1.5
8 3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-18, 01:06 PM   #6333
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
There are a few instances when the game will crash. Be sure and read the ReadMe file "010_Cumulative_Fix_May_20_2018 README.txt", found in the mod's "root" folder "100b_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.72_PublicBeta _EN" after un-zipping the mod. The file has this:
What needs to be removed from the Fotrs Ultimate v0.63......

Before going further, FOTRS Ultimate will need to have three ship units removed from the Data/Submarine folder:

"AI_Fleetboat"............. ClassName=AIFleetboat
"NSS_AI_Uboat9d2".......... ClassName=AITypeIXD2
"NSS_Uboat9"............... ClassName=German Uboat

This was probably a bit misleading, because I have no v0.63.
If I understand correctly, I have to remove the above-mentioned files from the newly installed SH4 V1.5 before I activate V0.71 via JSGME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Edit:
I am sorry, my mistake.
Will try again today.
Old 07-14-18, 01:43 PM   #6334
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
is there a mod for FOTRS which you can sail big battleship? or The NSS Shark?

As far as I know there are no player mods made specifically for FOTRSU. The current ship player mods can be tried but most likely they would not be compatible with FOTRSU because of all the changes made to the ships ingame.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-18, 11:03 PM   #6335
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
This was probably a bit misleading, because I have no v0.63.
If I understand correctly, I have to remove the above-mentioned files from the newly installed SH4 V1.5 before I activate V0.71 via JSGME.
It was my mistake for trying to answer you while on my tablet (they actually call the thing a computer...). I crossed my references, dotted the "T"s, and slashed the "eyes" (a very bad joke on a turn of a phrase). The quote I did was reference for the build of the mod only Bleiente, as opposed to the end-user having to do it. Not a necessary step in your case.

For the currently active v0.71 version of the mod, you just need a clean Save folder, fresh install of SH4, and activate the mod with JSGME. Nothing else is required, other than patience for the next version...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-18, 07:13 AM   #6336
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
guys,

i searched this thread for a previous post and did not find one so i am posting this. my apologies if it is a known issue.

the medals appear to be out of sync. after the first career-patrol, i was awarded the navy cross (from the commendation text). the large medal in the middle of the screen was a CMoH. and the small medal to the left (where all of the patrol awards hang) appeared to be a bronze star.

is this something i can fix?
yes, i did a clean install prior to FOTRSU.

mb
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SH4\MODS]

You apparently have "mod soup"...….Ultimate does not use the Congressional Medal of Honor in it's line-up of medals at all.

The kind of issue you're seeing can be produced with the Stock game. The developers had just about every conceivable thing screwed up with the medals.....wrong "order" of award category's (you'd get a Purple Heart when it should have been a Bronze Star); wrong medal image with written citation; wrong left hand smaller image when compared to the larger center image; wrong medal shown in the Captain's Office Medal box, etc. It was a mess!!

The Congressional Medal of Honor and Navy Distinguished Service Medal was removed from the Stock game within Ultimate (least it's supposed to have been).

The Navy Distinguished Service Medal as the actual criteria which reads "...of exceptionally meritorious service to the government in a duty of great responsibility". In my opinion, this criteria does not hold true of a sub Captain, and especially not of an enlisted crewman. What I have found is the medal is usually bestowed to senior "Navy Flag and Marine Corps General Officers", not rank and file sub Captains, and definitely not to an enlisted man, unless he happened to be on Nimitz's "personal" staff of high enlisted rank (you know, the guy who "get's the coffee", or runs for the Admiral when he's needed!). The removal of the Congressional Medal of Honor was done because of my personal belief that the award would not be issued for merely the calculation of shipping sunk, no matter how high the total.

You listed your mods as:

All three are known to me (of course), and they should not create an issue together.....Especially not regarding the Award System. But I do have a question? What's the "3" in front of the MaxOptics IV for SH4 1.5; or the "8" in front of 3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)?

Besides that, I only request you to clear out your Documents/SH4 folder and do not reuse an older "saved" game that may have the Stock game medal scripts in play.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-18, 11:41 AM   #6337
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

[QUOTE=CapnScurvy; But I do have a question? What's the "3" in front of the MaxOptics IV for SH4 1.5; or the "8" in front of 3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)?

Besides that, I only request you to clear out your Documents/SH4 folder and do not reuse an older "saved" game that may have the Stock game medal scripts in play.[/QUOTE]

scurv,

the number in front of the Mod name is a technique i began using years ago to order the mods that am currently playing. a visual key for me, if you will. in this instance, the 3 and the 8 are carryover from the last set of mods i was playing even though they are 2 and 3, respectively, for this mod-set.

i will apply the mod-soup fix and see if that fixes the problem. thanks for the hint.

mb

LAA enabled
Old 07-15-18, 01:50 PM   #6338
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

the mod soup process was ineffective in curing the problem.

i suspect that i need to do a clean install.
{ugh}
again

LAA enabled
Old 07-15-18, 02:08 PM   #6339
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

scurv,

on a whim, i applied Medals Fix IV for v1.5 - STOCK by Latency.

i know you and some of the others do not like this mod but, it standardized the awards. all three areas are in sync: description, big medal, little medal.

mb

LAA enabled
Old 07-15-18, 09:14 PM   #6340
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
scurv,

on a whim, i applied Medals Fix IV for v1.5 - STOCK by Latency.

i know you and some of the others do not like this mod but, it standardized the awards. all three areas are in sync: description, big medal, little medal.

mb
Make no mistake.

The Latency mod is MY MOD (U.S.Medals Fix II_Stock). That SOB took my original mod and just put his name on it!!

The bastard should be run out of town on a rail!! I'll bring the TAR!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-18, 07:07 AM   #6341
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Make no mistake.

The Latency mod is MY MOD (U.S.Medals Fix II_Stock). That SOB took my original mod and just put his name on it!!

The bastard should be run out of town on a rail!! I'll bring the TAR!!
well, then, let me re-state my last message:
scurv,

the mod soup fix did not fix the problem so i decided that rather than re-install and begin again i would use your Medals Fix IV for v1.5 - STOCK by CapnScurvy. and it fixed the problem. thanks ever so...

mb

how's that for a recovery? thanks for your help.

LAA enabled
Old 07-17-18, 12:13 PM   #6342
Milano
Swabbie

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Ok I got it working and it is a really REALLY good mod. But is it THIS realistic (or is this a bug)? I will explain the situation and you all can give me your advise, please?

I started a campaign in the S boats in Manilla in '41. A few war, relatively unsuccessful, patrols later it is 6 July '42 and I am patrolling the Solomon islands. Guadalcanal just fell to the Japanese. A few days ago I came across a Japanese Submarine and it basically out ran me. I have been patrolling for a few days along it's last course to try and sink her when I get a radio contact of air craft, it turns out to be a PBY. Watching the Nav Map the PBY made some sweeps like it was attacking something. AH HA!!! says I. I go to the location and there is a sonar contact, that my sonar man can't pick up or see, or whatever. Doing some triangulation and sonar work, I have him down to within maybe 1,000 yards. There is NOTHING in sight so it must be a submarine. I have been camped out or around the sonar contact for 18ish hours and it hasn't moved and I haven't seen it surface. I also have been pinging to try and get a range to target but I am not getting a return.

Could this be a bug? Could it be bubbles or something from a sunken (by the PBY) ship? Can the Japanese subs stay underwater for that long? If it was a sub wouldn't it have moved or something by now? Is there a way to make the S-class boats use ACTIVE Sonar? Also is there a trick to getting the sonar man to do his job and find contacts? (and I know that the S-class to be submerged to use the sonar)

I am quite interested in what you all think and would do. Thank you.
Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 01:39 PM   #6343
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

I'm not sure, but I think your NavMap would show a sunken ship icon, whether it sinks in a storm, from your actions, or any other manner, including an airplane bombing / depth-charging the 'target'. The game itself does seem to have an issue though, with "shutting-off" the engines of sunken vessels, and I have also found sonar evidence of ships, including in areas that are very, very deep water, in which a sub should not be able to pick-up the signal - seems to me, anyway. As far as I can recall (what did I have for breakfast?), stock & all mods do the same. CapnScurvy, or one of the myriad other more experienced modders would have a better perspective on that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 04:26 PM   #6344
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano View Post
A few days ago I came across a Japanese Submarine
Hello Milano. You say you came across a submarine but do not describe how it was identified. I am assuming it was visual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano View Post
I go to the location and there is a sonar contact, that my sonar man can't pick up or see, or whatever. Doing some triangulation and sonar work, I have him down to within maybe 1,000 yards. There is NOTHING in sight so it must be a submarine. I have been camped out or around the sonar contact for 18ish hours and it hasn't moved and I haven't seen it surface. I also have been pinging to try and get a range to target but I am not getting a return.
Assuming your new sonar contact is a submarine. Currently, I have been doing some hunting for IJN submarines using a Gato class boat. I don't know what your settings are, but mine are as follows. Realistic repair time unchecked. No map contact unchecked. Realistic sensors unchecked. Realistic reload unchecked. No event camera unchecked. No external view unchecked. No stabilize view unchecked. All others checked. Since I have a free camera and an external view available to me, I am able to use both of these features. Every time I get a contact by sonar then I am able to press the period key and go to what is called next unit camera in the keyboard shortcut image file included with the mod. I call it a locked camera because you cannot fly it around like the free camera. It simply stays locked on my boat and allows me to move the view in, out, up, down, and around. But always with my boat centered in the field of view. For me at least, from this view, an additional press of the period key will take me to the same view of my sonar contact. If there are additional contacts, be they visual, radar, or sonar, then additional presses of the period key cycles through all contacts and finally back to my submarine. Using this feature I have been able to determine whether an IJN submarine is surfaced, diving, turning, surfacing, accellerating, decellerating, reversing, or stopped. Yes I have seen all of these and more. Using the free camera on a nearby IJN midget sub I have observed simultaneous diving and turning. Assuming you have a valid submarine contact then you should be able to view it in this manner. Alternately, you may have a borked patrol. I would try a save and reload and then even an exit game and reload the save to see if it changes anything. If broken patrol, then my gut feeling is that it won't and only a return to base will clear the glitch. This is true for my "all dials stuck in the 12 o'clock position" bug that I have exerpienced a few times now. Only ending a patrol and leaving base again will fix it.

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-18, 08:32 PM   #6345
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default FOTRSU photos

got some good photos for you. dont laugh too hard. these were taken in the Carolines, near Truk, March 11, 1942.

the tanker was sinking. not sure what the DD was doing. i tried to snag the photo earlier but hit the wrong key. the tanker actually passed all the way through the DD (or vice versa).

couldnt figure what kind of ship this was. one of the is definitely an IJN corvette. not sure what the other one was.

enjoy!

LAA enabled