Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-29-10, 10:58 AM   #31
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
I am planning to rework some more user-made missions and eventually all single and stock campaign missions to make them a bit more action oriented, more complex and definitely tougher.My ambition is to remake all the existing SF missions.I will try to upload those I have created/modified into a sort of file sharing site this coming weekend to make them available to the community.Right now I haven't got the time.

Cheers

Frinik
BTW, I think these are excellent news.

I really appreciate all your work in Steel Fury. In my opinion it is a very good WWII tank sim, but I feel that in general the stock missions could become notably better if somebody works to improve them. Excellent !!

Txema
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 05:43 PM   #32
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I wonder why Neal has thrown Steel Panthers and Steel Fury together in one thread!? It's two totally different games that have nothing to do with each other! The one is a cockpit tank game, the other a tank-heavy hexfield tactics game!
Old 03-30-10, 12:48 AM   #33
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default SP vs SF

Hi Skybird; I have been asking myself the same question for a long time? Perhaps because both games start with Steel?Or may be he lumped them together thinking there wasn't much interest in either game on this forum....

Txema, I got your PM and I have prepared an email with explanation s and tonight I will upload 10 user-made missions for you and forward them by yahoomail.

Hasta pronto.

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 01:55 AM   #34
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

I'm kind of confused as well guys but, since this thread is getting a little crowded for my tastes I may just close this one and open them back up as a pair of new threads.

Frinik, your helpful advice will be included in the new thread if this is the route I'll take, I gotta talk it over with Zee and see what he says. but I'm clocked for the next couple days, we'll see where this goes.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 02:32 AM   #35
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
I'm kind of confused as well guys but, since this thread is getting a little crowded for my tastes I may just close this one and open them back up as a pair of new threads.

Frinik, your helpful advice will be included in the new thread if this is the route I'll take, I gotta talk it over with Zee and see what he says. but I'm clocked for the next couple days, we'll see where this goes.
Clean it up, yes:

Seperate both ressources.

Unsticky Steel Panthers if you think a strategy hex game does not belong here (I once tried to include wargames here, too, due to lacking activity, that was the idea behind it).

Take all unrelated comments and put them into a separate thread. That way, nothing gets lost.
Old 04-02-10, 11:17 PM   #36
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Morty!

Hi Mort!( I c ant remember where in literature did I see the name Mortslayer which is a strange combo of the English to slay and the French word for death?)...

I read on the HQ SIm forum that you are a Steel Fury fan.So am I.I started playing with the mission editor about 3 weeks ago.Actually at the instagation of FriedrichWilhelm who like us is also a member of Zw´s club and a Steel Fury fan.

I have made or modified 20 Steel Fury user-made missions.If you are interested in palying them let me know I can email them to you.

A warning my missions can be tough on the FPS at times and are very much action oriented.They pit up to 66 tanks on ther battlefield and sometimes infantry and artillery-AT guns. I have made night missions, one in the rain, some at dusk I´ll make some in the fog.I am quite proud of some of my missions which are really full of suspense, solid action and intense shootouts.

Hope your daughter´s wedding went well and that she´s off to marital bliss?

Cheers
Old 04-11-10, 09:20 AM   #37
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default To Eddie

Eddie uanble to answer your pm.messaging system doesnt work. Anyway emailed you 13 user-made missions in 2 emails and one more email with brief summaries.

Brace yourself to fight against overwhelming odds. You´ll see that Zw´s mods are not the only one with actions. Get ready to fight in most missions as soon as the game is loaded.

Enjoy and give me feedback.

Frinik
Old 04-11-10, 02:56 PM   #38
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Got them frinik, just need more time to get them installed, then up and running! I've got to check out the "King Tiger",lol (Not part of this mission set), just saw the download for it, so have to check it out! Only 1 mission for it though, so get to work!!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 10:26 PM   #39
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default User-Made Missions and the Tiger 1.0 mod

Eddie,

I have the Tiger_1.0 mod installed and the only mission is the same first one as for the Tiger 1 ,Nepokrytoe.It rocks although I find that the Tiger II tends to have vulnerable sights and more often than not I would have to fight quasi blind.The other rmission of the mod is also good with JS2s(player tank) pitted against a few Tiger IIs on the Borki map.I played it and finally got a mission successful after 4 attempts.

I tried getting the Tiger II into the misison editor but no success although I have doen everything by the book.Let's hope they release a Steel Panzer 1.5 mod soon as there are other interesting vehicles added like the Brumbaer, the Elefant, the Panther, the Hetzer, the SU76,85 and 100 and the ISU152.I would love to make missions with those.

BTW I have 8 or 9 more missions.including 2 Soviet ones.If you want I'll email them to you.If I remember well you have a fairly good pc so my missions should play well.

Re Kursk how is it?I tried installing the mod yesterday but it didn't work.Is it really good?

Cheers
Old 04-18-10, 10:49 AM   #40
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Sorry for the late response frinik, just have been doing other things for a bit. The Kursk mission I just received,V4, hasn't made it into my install just yet. I've been running this mission so much, started to burn out on it. I like the earlier version, with more artillery fire involved, but understand this mission needs to be toned down to run on other pc's, but it is running fine here.

Don't know why some keep going the same route to get to the village, they should use their imagination and try something different. Going into the woods, just across from the Russian anti-tank guns seems a bit absurd to me, but to each his own.

I haven't tried your missions yet, have to get a couple of files per your instructions. I want to see the Tiger II, but keep getting an error message that it can't initialize the mission, so not sure if I should get the earlier Panzer mods to try it, maybe 1.2, or 1.3? Want to try thr Panther too, but getting same kind of problem as the Tiger II.

Its funny some of this political talk is going on, I thought we played these sims/games to get away from all that crap we are inundated with everyday. I've seen mods shut down threads for lesser infractions then that,lol They should take that to the General discussion forum.

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 11:02 PM   #41
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Sf and other things

Hi Eddie,

I haven't yet installed Zee's Pre Kursk Alpha v1 nor his new mission 3. I want to try ZW's new stuff but frankly the posts about low fps and choppy gameplay are not exactly a great incitement. I am going to buy a new pc but not right now so I'll see how the Kursk release plays on my best laptop. Re Mission v4 I think the idea proposed to create 2 sets of missions; one version for high performing pcs and the other stripped-down for less performing ones sounds great.This way you could have the more intense version and enjoy it.And when one of us with a less performing machine upgrades then he could have the more intense version installed

Re imagination Eddie I have noticed a lot a people play their games the way they live their lives.They don't stray too much off the beaten tracks, they're cautious( not always wisely) and love the security of routine. Like you I like to experiment and find ways of going around and manoeuvring.

About the political debates I think they're part of all fora.As long as the debate remains civil and without insults and accusations it's OK but I agree with you that it should not take centre place and perhaps we should make sure that we stay focused on the games and not on the politics.

Re my missions I have more if you are interested and some of those that I emailed to you I modifed to make them a bit easier and more playable.They are still sluggers and the battelfields are littered with burning wrecks. I'll post pics of some of most post missions battlefield.

Eddie re the Tiger 1.0 mod and the Panther Hetzer.You need to have the Steel Panzer 1.4 enabled.To install those mod is very easy.Just download the files and put them in a folder which is not in your game.There you extract the file.You then copy the resulting extracted folder into the Steel Fury MODS folder (which is located in the game's main folder) folder.Don't copy it into the game's main folder.You just need to open the MOds folder and copy the mod into it.Then you'll see the mod appearing in your JSGME which you just need to enable. Your initialisation error message comes form the fact that you may have installed the Tiger 1.0 mod into the game main folder but not into the mods folder? If it's the case just follow the instructions above and delete the copy of the mod you have in the game main folder it creates a conflict.Hope it helps!

Re the Panther Hetzer it's hard to find as the Panther was used without copyrights authorisation.You can easily find the Hetzer mod which you downlaod and install the way I derscribed it to you.The Hetzer mod gives you only one playable misison in the single missions menu Nepokrytoe.It's not compatible with the Tiger 0.98 or 1.0 thus you have to disenable those to pay the Hetzer mission.

The Tiger 1.0 gives you 2 new single misisons one on the Tiger II Nepokrytoe( they love that missions!) and the other with the JS2 with a new IS122 gun against the same Tiger II( Borki map).That mod is compatible with the T34/85 , T60 and KV2 mod.However I am unable to enter the Tiger II into the mission editor to make misisons with it.Likewise with the Panther.
Cheers

Last edited by frinik; 04-18-10 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-18-10, 03:50 PM   #42
morttheslayer
Soundman

Hi Frinik - Slayer Morty here

Thanks for earlier offer of missions for SF I would like to take you up on it soon, could you PM me plase at your leisure and I will send you my e-mail address. One question hope your missions are mod free I assume they are since mods are added (normally) through the JSGME interface programme.
I had trouble with JSGME initially due to my unfamiliarity with Win7. I'm still un-familiar with it but don't feel quite so helpless now (got so used to XP). By the way is the winter mod good - recommended??

Cheers Morty
PS A shooting friend called me "Mort The Slayer" once after I had a good day pheasant shooting and it stuck. Yes the English language is a mixture of French & English - blame William the Conqueror.
PPS Pheasant shooting used to be associated with the English aristocracy but I'm not an aristocrat (no blue blood as they say --- or "old" money).
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 10:32 PM   #43
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF mods Lc and Morty

Lc my friend why didn't you tell me about the SF mods. Tiger 0.97 is old news.Since there's been Tiger mod 0.98 which adds the the KV2 in addition to the JS2 and Tiger 1.0 which now includes the Tiger II(Koenigstiger).If you need I can send you the download links????

Morty, I will try PM'ing you.Of course my user-made missions are free.They are simple, action-oriented, and mostly include Tigers. KV1s and 2s, Js2s, T34/76 and 85, and occasionally Hetzers, Stug IIId Panzer IV F1 and 2s.I am awaiting the new Steel Panzer mod to add OPanthers, Tiger II, SU 76,85 and others to my missions.You need to have either the TIger0.98 or 1.0 enabled to play them and the Hetzer mod for the few missions that include the Hetzer.My missions are datapack ones which means you only have to enable them using the mission editor in your game.It's very simple. You just open the mission editor in your game main folder.Then you'll see 4 sub folders.The first one is called Create New Missions.You click on it and a small screen will open up with on the right side 5 options; create mission, pack, unpack, open editor and exit,Just click on unpack option and match it with the folder in which you'll have my missions datapack.Once you open the missions into the un pack folder it will appear on your little screen and then when you open your game my misison will appear in your user made missions menu.Just play it.Anyway I can always guide you trhough it if ther are problems.

Will PM you soon

Cheers
Old 05-18-10, 11:09 PM   #44
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

The download link for Tiger 1.0 mod and steel Panzers 1.4 is on the first Steel Fury rescources post! look under Mods!
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 10:23 AM   #45
morttheslayer
Soundman

Clarification for you Frinic

Thanks for message. What I should have said is I have 2 versions of SF one on the Uber (new) laptop running Win 7 and one on my main Gaming Rig running Win XP. My positive (real main) ambition is to make my own missions (not that I am turning yours down in any way). What I would like is to have some tips on the mission editor which I have never tried!
I make IL2 missions so it can't be that bad but I love making my own. I would still like yours of course - but will discuss in PM - many thanks
Best Regards - Morty
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote