SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-22-14, 02:09 PM   #181
Riccardo1975
Gunner

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Found it in the old Add On(revised).
Anybody had ships just disappear on the map screen? Had a sloop off Blyth COMPLETELY disappear then a danish medium which i watched sink but no credit, no map marker and couldnt lock view in Uzo.

Great mod though!

Riccardo
Riccardo1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-14, 08:06 AM   #182
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Default Stiebler4C_V16B1 hard-code fix released

This is an update of my older Stiebler4B_V16B1_revised hard-code fix.

It contains all the same material from the 4B fix, together with a new code fix for radar rotations, and a whole series of new turms (conning towers) created by Anvart for NYGM, and modified by me for the radar fix.

The result is that fixed (FuMO29) and rotating radars (eg FumO30) can now be found in their correct positions on the turms. Anvart's original mod allowed the rotating radars and D/F aerials to be raised and lowered.

Since I understand that many players prefer to use their own turms on the U-boats, created by several talented modders, the package includes a new Options Selector, with a toggle ON/OFF for the radar position fix. Do NOT confuse this radar-position fix with H.sie's radar ON/OFF mod, which ensures that the radar is switched off when you sailed from base.

The 4C hard-code fix, like the 4B, must be applied to a genuine copy of SH3.exe already patched with H.sie's hard-code fix. Full instructions are included with the fix. Those who have already the Stiebler 4B hard-code fix should have no difficulty in using the 4C - the same patch instructions, a new Options Selector with just one added option, and all your existing changes to other SH3 files need not be altered. You need to add only the new turms as an extra mod.

The 4C Stiebler hard-code fix:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/Stiebler4C_V16B1.7z

Alternatively, if you prefer to retain your own turms, use the original Stiebler4B_V16B1 hard-code fix instead. This is still available from the SubSim/NYGM web-site here:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/Sti...6B1_Revised.7z

Stiebler.
Click on my logo below to see all current NYGM mods.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-14, 08:56 AM   #183
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice work

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 04:53 AM   #184
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Nice. Just enough Cowbells

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 11:00 AM   #185
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

...new hardcoded features...this is heaven for me !

thank you very much ,Stiebler

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 10:21 PM   #186
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

awesome work mate!
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-15, 11:57 AM   #187
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

Thanks to Hsie and Stiebler for these patchs, works realy good (ihave no test all the features, like wolfpack, but the others are ok).
Realy this is inmersive and i could make work it with a long list of mod (from gwx3gold to new hydrophones), big updates.

I have a custion about the issue with saving games and changes on clock (time base) wich is esencial for real navigation as i am playing. At the time (short time campain since i started the game stable with all mods) i detect one change of time on one saving instance.
Could be a fix for this issue.
thanks people.
(Also i mede a spanish tranlate for the both text addons, but i could no make thet the text of oxigen level working wright on traslation. Later i gonna tell flotilla 24 for the lasr traslation)
Aquelarrefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 06:28 PM   #188
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

I apologize Blitzkrieg. Ok my question is this, I upgraded to the Stiebler 4c and it works well as far as "smoke on the horizon" and "surrender" goes. Not sure if the u tanker thing works yet. Additional mods like grid change... I was trying to get the new grid button to work, but it does not. I just got h.sie patch to work recently so I know how to manipulate en_menu and command.cfg etc...

I am 95% sure i did the en_menu and .cfg amd menu_176 or what ever it is right. But it does not work. Any experienced guys out there know how this works?

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc

Last edited by bstanko6; 06-22-15 at 08:34 PM.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 03:18 AM   #189
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@bstank06:

It is not clear what you mean when you say the Grid Change mod 'does not work'. Do you mean that you can see the new icon button in the radio message cluster, and when you click on it, there is no response? (You should see a radio message sent, followed about two game hours later by a dialog box.) Do you get the dialog box? If so, what is the message in it?

If none of the above is working correctly, what happens when you press SHIFT-M, which mimicks pressing on the Change Grid button?

If both of these fail, then there are two possibilities:
1. You have not, in fact, followed the instructions correctly in some way.
2. You have followed the instructions correctly, but then you have overlaid some other mod(s) that have overwritten your newly modified files en_menu.txt, commands_en.cfg and menu_1024_768.ini.

Also, you do not say which (if any) super-mod you have installed. NYGM has most of these changes made for you already.
I have prepared also a standard package for GWX users, which can be downloaded here:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/GWX...n_for_V16B1.7z

Make sure you test your game set-up with nothing more than SH3, Hsie's code fix and the Stiebler code-fix added before you do anything else.
Old 06-23-15, 09:10 AM   #190
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Stiebler, thanks for the quick response. I am using NYGM.

The button does appear when I setup the mod. When I run my mouse over it, the border does not light up orange like the other radioman buttons.

When I press the button, nothing happens no message or any thing. I do wait 24 hours and such in the grid.

Understand, that when I attempt to set up the grid change mod, I lose the abandon uboat button as well. In other words, your standalone patch works wonderfully(thank you for it!), when I try to update the grid mod, i lose this button.

I think you are right, I think I have a couple of mods that effect this.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\myUboat\SilentHunterIII\MODS]

S3H-H.sie-Patch-V16B1
NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
Stiebler4C_SubsFlag
NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod
Harbor Traffic Add-In
M.E.P v5
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v5
Optional - Stock Reflections for MEP v5
1500 meter bearing overlay
Single Merchant Contact Mod
DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
FM_NewInterior v2.1D
MaGui F
FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui F
optional-ALTERNATIVE SCOPES with speedlines stopwatch for MaGui F
optional-stopwatch with speed lines for MaGui F
GREEN Filters on Scopes+Binoculars for MaGui F
MaGui F FIX for NYGM3.4
Charts addon 1.4 NYGM_IABLnew
Convoy-Routes on Map - BL!TZKR!EG Edition
KB's Diesel Sound Mod
RFB Hydro Sounds
Thomsen's WhispeRING RING mod
TorpedoTubesFfireFinal vStock
TheRealPing
Stiebler_EnvSim
Real Depth Charge
RealDC_4
Capt. Log V0.2
RadioMsg V 0.1
Johnfb's Sepia toned crew managment
RL_E v2 standard
Moon_light_mod
EvansUniforms
Bearded faces
Sawfish hat emblem
Fubars harbor personnel
TheDarkWraith_Ejecting_Pilot(s)_v2_0_SH3
Optional O2-Gauges v2 (for V16B1)
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-15, 04:36 AM   #191
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@bstank06:
You need to place the key mods in this order for NYGM:

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F
S3H-H.sie-Patch-V16B1
Optional O2-Gauges v2 (for V16B1)
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
Stiebler4C_SubsFlag

Try again with just these mods to see if the Grid-Change remains a problem.
If so, check the changes to files that you have made.
If not, introduce the other mods from your long list slowly, 2-3 at a time, to see when the Grid-Change fails to function properly.
Then you will know where the problem lies. Although, even after identifying the problem, other mods in your long list may also cause interference.

Stiebler.
Old 07-28-15, 09:12 AM   #192
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155

I would like to give a suggestion to Stiebler :

In his shallow water ASDIC mod, the ability to detect a submarine depends on the sea depth. Would it be possible to replace the sea depth by the depth under the submarine's keel ? Thus, when a submarine is 100 meters deep with 10 meters under its keel, it is as if it was at 25 meters with also 10 meters under its keel.
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 10:40 PM   #193
Meridian
Frogman

Downloads: 625
Support Need Stieblers Help

Need some help please Stiebler.

First here is my mod list:

MaGui F
02 Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
03 Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1

Very simple I know as I am just testing for the error I have been getting, which I have posted a screenie of below.

This is what the outside view looks like after I submerge. Before I dive it looks fine.

I have gone through the fixes and enabled them one by one to find the casue and it seems to be the "Periscope-Fix" being enabled along with MaGUI. Without MaGUI all seems OK. Any advice ?

AORUS Z390 Ultra, Intel Core i5 8600K, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4096mb, 64.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4, Soundblaster Z.
Meridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-15, 06:42 AM   #194
Henri II
Sparky

Downloads: 47
Default Question about shallow water ASDIC

I have a problem understanding how this part of the mod actually works. I copied my version (from CCoM) of the AI_Sensors.dat into the data/Library folder and changed the MinSurface values to 100 for all Asdic types as instructed.
My question is how can I see if I did everything right and this part of the patch actually works (other than testing it in the game), it does not change the AI_sensors.dat file itself, right?

The other question is, are the changes to the MinSurface values dynamic i.e. the game will adjust them in the course of a patrol depending on the actual sea depth at my location, or are they simply set to shallow as long as the mod is installed, meaning I should only install it if I actually intend to play a patrol in shallow waters?
Henri II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 05:01 AM   #195
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

I seem to have missed a couple of queries while I was away on holiday in August. Sorry about that.

@Fahnenbohn:
I've just answered your PM on the same subject.

For the benefit of others, the German opinion was that shallow waters caused Asdic to detect U-boats less well, therefore the function of my Asdic mod is (I think) correct. In the mod, the asdic functions less well when the waters are shallow, not when the U-boat is near the bottom of the sea.

@Henri II:
The asdic mod alters dynamically, as the depth of the sea changes.
There is no easy way of testing the mod except by results. You can only check your AI_sensors.dat file in a program that reads .dat files (eg the freeware XVI32 Hex Editor program) and check that the values are correct after alteration.

@Meridian:
This is one of those instance where I'm being asked to comment on other peoples' mods: in this case one by MaGUI and one by H.sie (periscope fix).

The short answer is that I have no idea what has caused the problem, but if disabling the periscope fix enables you to play with MaGUI in place, then that is the solution.

However, I admire greatly your perseverance in trying to narrow down the problem. I wish that some others would do the same. (This comment does not apply to my answers to Fahnenbohn and Henry II above.)

Stiebler.