SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-15-08, 02:42 PM   #31
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I think there is a website titled "One Ship, One Marine". It talks about how the Washington turned the battle around for the U.S. and at the same time one marine was left defending a hill near Henderson Field and held off the Japanese until the next morning. Good read.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-08, 02:53 PM   #32
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

http://www.tysknews.com/Depts/Our_Cu...e_one_ship.htm

This Ting?

I read some of it, Think it's a little exaggarated, but w/e
Old 04-15-08, 04:00 PM   #33
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Yeah, that's the one.
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-08, 05:45 PM   #34
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

D/L compatibillity patch for Lurker_hlb's Operation Monsun:-coming soon

What is mean ???????
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 03:35 AM   #35
Bewolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3

What is mean ???????
Well, going by common sense and logic, I assume that means there will be a patch that will make this destroyer compatible with your fantastic campaign rewrite.
Old 04-16-08, 04:55 AM   #36
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

Ok, now i got the AI of the crew to fire on beyond range of 5km by modifying my CrewAI.cfg file and changing the range values of close/medium/long range.
At least now i can fight on decent range for a Destroyer.. 9 km or under, although chance to hit is horrible ^^' took me about 30 minutes to take out small convoy..

But Seemingly the Tankers are now more vulnerable to the shells, propably affected by the angle they hit the ship (lot more deck hits now).
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 06:35 AM   #37
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3

What is mean ???????
Well, going by common sense and logic, I assume that means there will be a patch that will make this destroyer compatible with your fantastic campaign rewrite.
I am not sure anymore wether I should do this,
cause Lurker's mod is a realistic mod and mine doesn't fit into it.
Bewolf is right, it should be this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4lt3r
Ok, now i got the AI of the crew to fire on beyond range of 5km by modifying my CrewAI.cfg file and changing the range values of close/medium/long range.
At least now i can fight on decent range for a Destroyer.. 9 km or under, although chance to hit is horrible ^^' took me about 30 minutes to take out small convoy..

But Seemingly the Tankers are now more vulnerable to the shells, propably affected by the angle they hit the ship (lot more deck hits now).
I don't think sailors on Destroyers were the best shooter in real life...
But u mustn't cry with 30 minutes....this isn't a Battleship or so
just a fast DD
When u got realistic changes, it would be cool to have u uploading it dor us
Old 04-16-08, 07:05 AM   #38
W4lt3r
Ensign

Well, Although the range seem pretty tiny, it actually can get you into the mood of having very long range naval battle.. Maybe if i try to readjust crew's visual and radar spotting capabilites, along with "players" lock on ability, a battleship could fire up to 20 kilometers.. worth to try with the Pocket BB :hmm:, but then again, i'd have to adjust the standard AI Cruisers/Battleships visual and radar spotting ranges, to even it out.

If you got a alpha/beta version of the Pocket BB already done, i'll try out that range adjusting and long range firing script.. But if ya dont, i'll just readjust the max range of the IJN 5" duals and test it out with those.

But now i have encountered an strange error on this mod..

Date: June 26, 1943, Time 17:00 (Exactly) 5 times in a row i've suffered a CTD. Dont know why it happens but cant get past it. I've even tried to redo the same mission. Guess i'll start from a scratch again, it was only my 2nd patrol anyway. (although 78k of sunken material is sad to lose, along with the 95k i did on 1st one).
Old 04-16-08, 08:09 AM   #39
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4lt3r
Well, Although the range seem pretty tiny, it actually can get you into the mood of having very long range naval battle.. Maybe if i try to readjust crew's visual and radar spotting capabilites, along with "players" lock on ability, a battleship could fire up to 20 kilometers.. worth to try with the Pocket BB :hmm:, but then again, i'd have to adjust the standard AI Cruisers/Battleships visual and radar spotting ranges, to even it out.

If you got a alpha/beta version of the Pocket BB already done, i'll try out that range adjusting and long range firing script.. But if ya dont, i'll just readjust the max range of the IJN 5" duals and test it out with those.

But now i have encountered an strange error on this mod..

Date: June 26, 1943, Time 17:00 (Exactly) 5 times in a row i've suffered a CTD. Dont know why it happens but cant get past it. I've even tried to redo the same mission. Guess i'll start from a scratch again, it was only my 2nd patrol anyway. (although 78k of sunken material is sad to lose, along with the 95k i did on 1st one).
I won't give a alpha, cause I have to rebuilt the whole file strucutre, but testing with the DD sounds nice.

The bug is not as good, because I have no idea why exactly at this time...
I am sorried...

Are there still Texture problems?
Old 04-16-08, 08:25 AM   #40
JetSnake
Navy Dude

Downloads: 12

Whats the crush depth?
JetSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 09:11 AM   #41
W4lt3r
Ensign

There aint texture problems, and just did first testing on the long range combat, and seemingly the gunners know how to angle the guns at least and fire at long ranges.. although marking the units to fire is a pain at ranges 10km or beyond, but i'll see if i can find the modifier that makes the gunners auto-pick their targets beyond that range.. Then we would see some nice Ship to ship combat.

Also the standard AI, it seemingly doesnt want to engage in long range combat (+8 km), since moment ago i ran across 4 destroyers and light cruiser, only the cruiser attempted to fire back but it was quite quickly silenced with the shots to it's magazines. The destroyer's then didnt even want to attempt to engage me..

I'll see if i can find the modifiers on standard ships and alter their visual contact and firing ranges (The guns tho aren't a problem here.. most of the guns got +10 km range), so it's in the AI.. I'll post some more info later today or tomorrow how im getting this going.

*edit* Im yet to test the reaction range of Battleships and Heavy cruisers, just checking out what range they'll start firing at.. although i think that the BB will fire slightly before 10 km range, on hypothesis.

Last edited by W4lt3r; 04-16-08 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-16-08, 03:25 PM   #42
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSnake
Whats the crush depth?
last time:
-current depth 250meters
we are to deep, sir!
hull damaged, sir
-ahhhh kayy cool WTF

...bling death
but this was when I killed a neutral tanker next to me:rotfl:
Old 04-17-08, 02:08 AM   #43
W4lt3r
Ensign

Okay, Got the aggerssion range tests done on following ships:
Yamato, Iowa, Colorado, Ise, Kongo, Mogami and Baltimore.

Most of the BBs started firing on range between 9km and 10 km, so around the horizon (did custom battle with BBs sitting roughly 9.8km from each other).
While the cruisers tend to open fire at around the 9km range, again depending on the weather conditions. I cannot confirm do they use radar quidance on cannons or not, since it's tough to say are there shells coming from beyond horizon or not.

So our little pocket BB can get into a fair fight against some Bigger BBs ^^
Old 04-17-08, 02:19 AM   #44
Raptor1
Navy Seal

That sucks, real BBs could fire up to 20-30km... (Yamato's 18.1"ers could fire up to 42km)
Old 04-17-08, 03:01 AM   #45
W4lt3r
Ensign

I know about that, but since this game doesnt support radar directed firing system, the visual range is the main effect here. Unless someone has a mod that increases the maximum view range to 20km.. I cant figure out how to do that, and since the models start to "turn on" at range of 13km, i wouldnt mind if you cant see the target model itself, as long as you could lock the target for cannon crew to fire at..

Yippee.. Again i crashed at 1943, June 26th, time 17:00.. And this was my 3rd patrol in the Fubu... What is going on?!

*Update* Found the Factors that affect ALL Standard AI ships, what range they start firing at, error angles and how long they wait after shells hit the water before launching new salvo! Looks like im gonna get some nice duels against DDs in my Fubu.. If i can bypass the error that causes me to CTD.. Maybe if i start at 1944 year, i could avoid it.

Also, When you're gonna get to work on the Iowa, after that can you pleease make an Atlanta-class Light cruiser (Oakland would be best i think, because it doesnt have the 2 turrets on the sides, unlike the Atlanta)

Last edited by W4lt3r; 04-17-08 at 06:03 AM.