SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-08, 10:12 PM   #1
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7
Default [WIP] Climb Mount Niitaka

Climb Mount Niitaka (working title may be changed)

As some may have read in other threads, I started a Japanese campaign and made the in game Sen Toku playable, but it was never released and some may have wondered what happened. (and some may not care) The campaign work stopped when it was obvious that most of the subs and ships were being built on German subs and my Campaign was started with the sub being built on a Gato and the Campaign on the Pacific Theater. (US/Japan).

Now that Kelto's has some working subs we have discussed it and have decided to complete the Campaign by switching it to the Uboat side. Some stuff just needs to be put into a different folders, but a lot needs to be rewritten. But we have a start.

Since Japan placed more importance on sinking waships rather than merchants there will be more than just "Engage Enemy Merchant Shipping". It should be more of a challange with more engagements with Warships and Task Forces, but still some merchant missions. Especially with invasion forces bringing LSTs, Troops and Supplies to the allied forces.

The initial release will certainly not be a 'supermod' with it's own 'sticky' but we will attempt to do our very best to give you something worth your time. I think the hardest part will be to determine where the line is between not enough targets and too many targets.

Kelto's has done the sub work with help from Mikhayl, Xanto, and Zaza. Takao has provided Japanese names to use in the subs. I have certainly learned a lot from looking at other peoples work. Very little of the original SH4 traffic will be used, but some will be partially used. It will not be totally historical because we are hoping you will sink more tonnage than the Japanese did.

I'm sure we will post some questions as we go, but we hope everything goes smoothly and you will have another chapter in the SH4 Campaign log.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote