SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-04-18, 12:50 PM   #4546
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieLyons View Post
... So, my question is:

How does SH4 model the International Date Line, and how does that affect the date in use east and west of that line?...
First of all, "Welcome to SubSim EddieLyons

2nd of all, as you can tell, you are a day early and a neutral ship short now... and yes indeedy, the IDL is the culprit. This begs the question, which version of the Pre-Pearl mod did you install? The game did initially have issues with the IDL, but that was taken care of relatively early in the "patch" cycle...

3rd of all, if you want a Pre-Pearl that works, look no further than the fellow above's (Bleiente) signature for his "Ralles RealModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC". He incorporates RSRDC and OTC into the mod on top of TMO, and it is really a nice mod.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-18, 06:25 PM   #4547
EddieLyons
Watch

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
First of all, "Welcome to SubSim EddieLyons

2nd of all, as you can tell, you are a day early and a neutral ship short now... and yes indeedy, the IDL is the culprit. This begs the question, which version of the Pre-Pearl mod did you install? The game did initially have issues with the IDL, but that was taken care of relatively early in the "patch" cycle...

3rd of all, if you want a Pre-Pearl that works, look no further than the fellow above's (Bleiente) signature for his "Ralles RealModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC". He incorporates RSRDC and OTC into the mod on top of TMO, and it is really a nice mod.

Ahoy, yourself, propbeanie (and Bleiente, too!).

I'm using Pre-Pearl Harbor for TMO, so the two relevant messages about the attack on PH and the order to wage unrestricted warfare are from that campaign. It would appear that the timing of those messages doesn't take account of which side of the IDL you start from.

Mind you, the same thing happened when I was familiarising myself with vanilla SH4 a few weeks ago -- the same two messages came on 7 Dec rather than 8 Dec when I set out from Manila using the version of the Pre-Pearl Harbor for the stock game.

So I take it the timing of the messages would need to be edited somewhere in the files for the Pre-Pearl Harbor missions that commence from Manila? Any suggestions as to which file(s) would need to be edited?

Also, thanks for the suggestion about Bleiente's mod package. I'll take a look. Would the Pre-Pearl Harbor starts be compatible? Like I said, I like to get in some peacetime sailing before things start to heat up!
EddieLyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-18, 06:52 PM   #4548
propbeanie

Unless my memory fails me, Bleiente has it incorporated into the mod. The file "messages.txt" in the Game/ Campaigns/ Campaign folder should have the sent message. There should be a version of that file in the mod. WinMerge is a good app to use to make comparisons with. The game engine itself does the clock. This all is ringing a bell for me, but I think I've been in the belfry too long and my memory is clouded...

Old 10-06-18, 11:00 AM   #4549
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Default TMO 2.5 With RSRD - Camera issue

hello,

while waiting for OpMunson to be cured of its ills i decided to try TMO+RSRD.
when i loaded it up for the first time i ran smack into the "camera issue".
i've read up on some of the past-posts and then disabled the F12 key because i like to use it.

and i've read enough past-posts to understand that Ducimus/CapnScruvy/RockinRobbins despise the use of the free camera, and i understand that they are free to have that opinion.

well, SH4 is now taking CTD's whenever i use the F4 and U keys (TBT camera) as well as F11 which is the Flak camera.
do we have any workarounds or fixes for this type of "authorized" camera use?
due diligence:
working from complete re-install from SH-Gold Edition on CDROM
all previous MODs folders deleted
C:\Users\Dad\Documents\SH4\data\ folders deleted and re-created from the newly installed game.
SH4.exe is LAA enabled.
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SilentHunter4\MODS]

1TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5(1)
2RSRDC_TMO_V502

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 12:53 PM   #4550
propbeanie

You are missing the "RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1", but all it did was "overlap" the Campaign layers to give the appearance of continuous traffic... Are you installing your SH4 directly from the disk, or from a backup? Doing any edits on the files yourself? I ask because I've not had issues with the TMO / RSRDC combination like you describe. The only time I had issues with it was after having accidentally loaded a Saved game from FotRS back in the day, and I ended up with "cross-contamination" that wouldn't go away until I did a full re-install of the game and mods... Also, if you're using that Game Booster app still prior to starting SH4, try running it without the booster, and see if you still CTD. It might be interfering with memory management, or some disk service that is needed. If it runs OK without it, then you need to change your Game Booster config. If you have a relatively modern computer system, you usually don't even need the booster anymore...

Old 10-06-18, 01:50 PM   #4551
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
You are missing the "RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1", but all it did was "overlap" the Campaign layers to give the appearance of continuous traffic... Are you installing your SH4 directly from the disk, or from a backup? Doing any edits on the files yourself? I ask because I've not had issues with the TMO / RSRDC combination like you describe. The only time I had issues with it was after having accidentally loaded a Saved game from FotRS back in the day, and I ended up with "cross-contamination" that wouldn't go away until I did a full re-install of the game and mods... Also, if you're using that Game Booster app still prior to starting SH4, try running it without the booster, and see if you still CTD. It might be interfering with memory management, or some disk service that is needed. If it runs OK without it, then you need to change your Game Booster config. If you have a relatively modern computer system, you usually don't even need the booster anymore...
pb,

1. i didn't know about the RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1. with all of the TMO caveats about crossing-the-streams, i was diligent in only applying that which related to TMO 2.5. yes, i actually read the beautiful PDF in the Support folder.

2. i always re-install directly from cdrom.
3. the only edit i performed was on Commands.cfg and that was AFTER the F12 CTD...and all i did was no-op the F12 key such that if i pressed it by accident i would not CTD myself.
4. i AM running without GameBooster now that i put OpMunson aside. That baby is a memory hawg.

well, crap. these CTD are keyboard-to-command CTD's...press a camera-key {bang} CTD.

i could swear that i have played TMO in the past without an issue and i could swear that i have played RSRD in the past without an issue, so i am at a complete loss as to why i am suddenly encountering these issues when i put them together.

one more item, i put the TMO+RSRD combo to the SH Validator test and found a surprising number of errors. i fixed them in the current config and reran but the result is the same. if you or someone else wants the logfile from the Validator run, let me know and we can work something out and send it. not sure how to do that but we can create a solution if need be.

LAA enabled
Old 10-06-18, 02:03 PM   #4552
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I just do not understand why you do not take my pack if you want to play TMO + RSRDC.
It is easy to install and has a superior graphics.
In addition - SH Validator is not always right...
Old 10-06-18, 02:10 PM   #4553
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
I just do not understand why you do not take my pack if you want to play TMO + RSRDC.
It is easy to install and has a superior graphics.
In addition - SH Validator is not always right...
is "your pack" at the link in your signature?

LAA enabled
Old 10-06-18, 02:14 PM   #4554
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
pb,

1. i didn't know about the RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1. with all of the TMO caveats about crossing-the-streams, i was diligent in only applying that which related to TMO 2.5. yes, i actually read the beautiful PDF in the Support folder.

2. i always re-install directly from cdrom.
3. the only edit i performed was on Commands.cfg and that was AFTER the F12 CTD...and all i did was no-op the F12 key such that if i pressed it by accident i would not CTD myself.
4. i AM running without GameBooster now that i put OpMunson aside. That baby is a memory hawg.

well, crap. these CTD are keyboard-to-command CTD's...press a camera-key {bang} CTD.

i could swear that i have played TMO in the past without an issue and i could swear that i have played RSRD in the past without an issue, so i am at a complete loss as to why i am suddenly encountering these issues when i put them together.

one more item, i put the TMO+RSRD combo to the SH Validator test and found a surprising number of errors. i fixed them in the current config and reran but the result is the same. if you or someone else wants the logfile from the Validator run, let me know and we can work something out and send it. not sure how to do that but we can create a solution if need be.
pb,

don't put any time into this.
this is some stupid thing and i will figure it out.

thanks.
mb

LAA enabled
Old 10-06-18, 02:16 PM   #4555
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
is "your pack" at the link in your signature?
Yes - but you need a totally new and clean install of SH4 V1.5 .
I have made this ModPack extra, so that no one is confused with this great variety of mods ... it should make things easier for the players.
Old 10-14-18, 03:43 PM   #4556
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default Assigned Balao in 1942 (again)

hey guys,

that late-1942 Balao assignment is alive and well in TMO+RSRD.
is that fixable? i mean do you mind if find the culprit-file(s) and fix it?
i suspect the Flotillas and Balao.upc files but one can never be certain until ones actually goes into the R&D mode.

mb

LAA enabled
Old 10-14-18, 07:58 PM   #4557
propbeanie

It is NOT fixable (that we could find). That's what we messed with for what seems ~forever~ in FotRSU. The game is bound and determined that the player will get an early Gato (usually not noticeable) and an early Balao, as rewards (we assume) for exemplary performance of your duty - aka: running up the score. We gave up in FotRSU, and when it happens, it happens... Same with the Tench. We can set all the limiting dates we want to, restrict the mission assignments, etc., but in the end, the game decides, and it doesn't care one whit about what the date is. However, if you don't have a mission assignment in for the boat given early, the player either crashes, or they get stuck with the "No Mission Objective Found" error, ad infinitum, ad nauseum...

Old 10-14-18, 08:43 PM   #4558
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
It is NOT fixable (that we could find). That's what we messed with for what seems ~forever~ in FotRSU. The game is bound and determined that the player will get an early Gato (usually not noticeable) and an early Balao, as rewards (we assume) for exemplary performance of your duty - aka: running up the score. We gave up in FotRSU, and when it happens, it happens... Same with the Tench. We can set all the limiting dates we want to, restrict the mission assignments, etc., but in the end, the game decides, and it doesn't care one whit about what the date is. However, if you don't have a mission assignment in for the boat given early, the player either crashes, or they get stuck with the "No Mission Objective Found" error, ad infinitum, ad nauseum...
actually, knowing that the early assignment of the Balao causes mission assignment issues, i reloaded my soon-to-be-ended patrol with my trusty Tambor and then re-completed the patrol and refused the upgrade.
now, knowing that the early assignment is not fixable, i will continue to do that until maybe 2Q43 when i will accept the upgrade, God Willing, of course (lol).
thanks to you and strikeback and scurvy for the help.

LAA enabled
Old 10-14-18, 08:47 PM   #4559
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
Yes - but you need a totally new and clean install of SH4 V1.5 .
I have made this ModPack extra, so that no one is confused with this great variety of mods ... it should make things easier for the players.
hey duckman,

sorry if it seemed i was ignoring you but i was not.
i fixed my TMO+RSRD issue and i am in a US career near the end of 1942. when i get to the end if this career, i will re-install and try the Ralles modpack.
what differences will I notice between Ralles and TMO+RSRD?
vielen dank

LAA enabled
Old 10-14-18, 09:22 PM   #4560
propbeanie

You should be able to accept the Balao after March of 1943 without issue in TMO. I'm thinking that it might be useable in TMO as early at January or February. I'm not sure if lurker changed the dates in RSRDC... FotRS had it useable by December of 1942, but that was due to a typo, and with the possibility of not having working equipment. FotRSU had it a little better, but not by much. Now, if you get it early in the soon-to-be-released-next-version ( ), if it comes early, it will work WOF. However, it can and does come earlier than ever...