SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-01-17, 10:29 AM   #466
Respenus
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Well guys, there is no denying that our Great Game has found itself in a bit of a rut, with all of us silently focusing on building up our Empires and not on screwing up someone else's.

After talking to Raptor, we identified three points that could spice things up again:
  1. Updating the game to the latest version
  2. Bringing the Italian Unification Event chain back on track
  3. Finishing he Turko-Russian via a script, with border re-adjustments
The reason why we have not yet done Point 1 is because the 1.4 patch, as was originally released, was a buggy mess, with missing files and some very bizarre events popping up.

Fortunately for us, after 6 more months of extra work, the latest 1.4.03 version seems to be stable, with no reported problems from players during the past couple of months. As this new version brings changes to the AI's combativeness and diplomacy, it could also potentially solve Points 2 and 3.

I have tested this new version a bit by loading my latest save and everything appeared to be in its rightful place. Unfortunately, I could not run a turn to see what would happen in the long run, but it looks promising for now.

You will find the files and instructions for the latest version and event hotfixes at the following two links:

http://ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=345&t=50532

http://ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=345&t=51159

The patch download is huge (1.4GB) in order to avoid the missing files problem, but the the installation process is quite simple (Make sure you read the instructions!). If you have the HD space (cca 4 GB), I would recommend that you install it in a separate folder, just in case we will have to return to version 1.3 at some point in the future. If the update happens to screw some minor things over, we can always fix them via script adjustments, just like we have done in the past.

That is all for now and I hope to see you all on the "modern" side.

Respenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-17, 11:39 AM   #467
Respenus
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

TWO SICILIES, PARMA and TUSCANY UNITE with SARDINIA-PIEDMONT

After several months of campaigning in southern Italy, the illustrious general Garibaldi achieved the unthinkable and managed to drive off the overwhelming troops of the Kingdom of Sicily with only a small number of volunteer troops! Finally, the last barrier to the centuries long dream of unification was removed and the peoples of Italy rejoiced in the bright future opened to them.

First was the city of Naples, which opened its gates in jubilant celebration of Garibaldi's military success. Soon afterwards, popular uprisings followed in other regions of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, with cities and troops pledging loyalty, first to Garibaldi and then, to Victorio Emmanuel II. In light of the popular will, the King called for a First Italian Parliament in Turin, which was attended by delegates from across the peninsula, including the grand duchy of Tuscany and the duchy of Parma. The latter two soon joined their brothers in arms from Sardinia and Sicily in proclaiming Victor Emmanuel the first King of Italy, and accepted his suzerainty over their territories. Now, only the lands of the Papal States and the Italians under the Austrian joke remain separated from their dream of a common homeland.

In his acceptance speech, King Victor proclaimed that each citizen of the new unified Italian kingdom will have the same political, social and economic rights as those already enjoyed by Piedmontan citizens and that his government will begin preparing immediately a slew of economic projects aimed at increasing prosperity in all Italian lands. Preparatory work has already begun on a Sicilian railroad project and construction of new factories is already being prepared.

In response to Garibaldi's claim that he will capture Rome or die, the King responded by saying that it is the duty of every catholic monarch to ensure the sovereignty of the Pope in Rome and that he has asked the Papal legate to allow the passage of Italian troops through its territory in order to ensure the protection of the Holy Father.

Technical note: Because of the way the event chain is scripted, I am not yet recognized by the game as Italy, meaning that I do not have access to some advanced "abilities" such as colonialism that is available to France and the UK.

Last edited by Respenus; 02-16-17 at 06:16 AM.
Respenus is offline   Reply With Quote