Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 09-04-09, 11:16 AM   #1
Sniper450
Officer

Downloads: 177
Uploads: 0
Default SBPro

Thinking of dropping the $ and getting it. The manual is another $12. Is that worth it or is there enough tutorials and such out there it is not necessary? I know its only $12 but after $125.....lol
Sniper450 is online  

Old 09-04-09, 11:35 AM   #2
Eugene
A-ganger

Downloads: 226

The manual comes with the sim, and a lot of other material - all in pdf form. Printing it yourself might be cheaper although I think there is a little more background material in the $25 version you mentioned. In any case, you don't have to buy a printed version to have access to a manual, which I believe you can dl even now, without purchasing. Regardless, the $125 is one of the best sim purchases you'll ever make. Support is superb, year after year. Great community. Tons of excellent missions on their comprehensive site, besides those shipped on the disc. Yes, there are tutorials, and there is a lot of material for learning the sim in the SBP forums at the site.

I do have one regret - I waited too long to purchase it!
Old 09-04-09, 11:51 AM   #3
Lieste
Soundman

Downloads: 0

The separate charge for a manual was intended for those who already own the complete (pre 2.328) SB ProPE, and who wanted to update the manual when picking up 2.460.

The bulk of the contained information is similar, if not identical, (I had a hand in preparing some of the changes, and most was just adding a new clause, or changing one or two words in a paragraph), so it was offered as an optional addition to the 2.460 update.

The new full package ($125 including shipping (2.460/2.483)) as far as I am aware includes the printed manual in the updated form, as well as in pdf. There are also a number of other manuals and documents included as pdfs on the disc as well.
If having a printed manual is important to you, and you would like this clarified, then you should ask Nils (SSnake) directly: ssnake<at>esimgames<dot>com
Lieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 12:52 PM   #4
Sniper450
Officer

Downloads: 177

I double checked. It comes with the manual. Sorry about that and thanks for the help!
Sniper450 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 02:50 PM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

And another happy convert. Welcome aboard, tanker. You won't regret it - promised. Take note of the stickied SBP resources thread where you will find plenty of links of interest to all that you need.