SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-19-17, 02:31 PM   #1
chrisbythes252
Nub

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 Mod Huge Adventure - In dire need of help

So this is my adventure in trying to install SH3 again , after buying a new PC running Windows 10 . Mind you the game run perfectly on my old PC , with Windows 7 . Also this is my first post here !!!

I started 10 hours ago ...

1) I moved GWX and SH3 commander from an external hard drive to my new PC and I started downloading the game from steam .
I installed all mods on base game . It loaded but crashed when loading missions and careers . I decided to unistall the game and all mod folders inside it .

Assumed that sh3 commander might be the issue , and I do another install attempt .

2) I downloaded the game from steam again and installed GWX once more . The game loaded but crashed when loading missions and careers . I decided to unistall the game and all mod folders inside it again .

I tryied to make sense of what was going on , messing with some files but nothing comes out of it

3) Redownloaded the game for the 3rd time and installed GWX again . Game loaded missions but after the load it stucks on paused with only the interface icons visible , unable to do anything since the game freezes .
Tried to fix by messing with the time config files , and I failed .
Tried to understand what is going on and why this was happening and I couldn't . Assumed something was corrupted and I unistalled everything again .

I decided to delete all mods and the base game from my hard drive and all folders associated with them since . Maybe I had a corrupted copy of GWX on my external hard drive , since I transfered the mods from there them and did not download them again from the forums .

4) I redownloaded all mods and redownloaded game from steam
Game wouldn't even launch even without mods

5) I unistalled steam , because I thought that the steam install was not right , and installed it again .

Downloaded game again , downloaded GWX , downloaded SH3commander agaim . After all that , the base game run 100% , with GWX it run 100% But after installing the Silent Hunter 3 Commander , I get an error saying does not find the sh3.exe even though it is right there to be found !!!!

6) Decided to format my hard drive .
Downloaded everything again

Downloaded steam again , game again , GWX again , sh3 commander again
Game runs 100% on its own , and with GWX , but I get the same exact error with SH3 Commander . It is not able to find a file that exists .......

I need help badly fellow captains
chrisbythes252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-17, 03:36 PM   #2
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360

did you install Commander's "config file" for GWX3.0 ?
Doolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-17, 03:42 PM   #3
chrisbythes252
Nub

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar Semler View Post
did you install Commander's "config file" for GWX3.0 ?
Yes .

Now even the GWX breaks , and it crashes all the time ...

It has something to do with Windows 10 I guess ... it run perfectly on windows 7
chrisbythes252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-17, 05:14 PM   #4
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360

not sure if this is the problem, so I'm kind'a fish'n here, but have you (your computer) been upgraded to Windows 10 Creator (1703). The reason I ask is, that I have 4 computers, 3 have been upgraded to Win 10 Creator, all by the way have SH III /GWX3.0/ Commander installed. The first went a smooth as butter, the second seemed to reset all my compatibility settings ( no big deal there ) and the third hosed up a lot of drivers and I've spent about 2 or 3 hours fixing that and updating drivers. As a matter of fact I bought a new PCI Network Adapter card ( $20, no big deal there either ) because I couldn't find a driver for Win 10 even though it worked fine before the upgrade. So now it costing money. Sorry I don't trust this upgrade ! SH III works just fine on the 2 computers that I've tested even though I had to reset the compatibility settings. Haven't tested the third yet, will do that tonight. I guess this is kind'a a rant and question combined... lol. I think it's something to look into anyway. Now I wait with bated breath for my last computer to upgrade. Hope this helps and I hope this post fits into this SH III thread. If not feel free to move it. JerryCA45

Last edited by Doolar; 07-19-17 at 07:53 PM.
Doolar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sh3 mods help