SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-01-07, 03:06 PM   #31
Gizzmoe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Done!
Gizzmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-07, 07:46 AM   #32
PopManiac
Watch

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjuice
is there a problem with the speed calculation? I have tried but cannot get a speed calculation on any targets. if its not a bug, how do i do it?
In a way, I concur!

Is there a tutorial (something definitive - by WWII standards, that is ) about speed calculation?

I have only seen the one made by Hitman.
Old 05-05-07, 03:22 PM   #33
Chili
Swabbie

Default Picture in Picture for Torps.

Can someone please let me know how you get the picture in picture of your Torps running their course?
Thanks,
Chili
Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-07, 04:05 PM   #34
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Can someone please let me know how you get the picture in picture of your Torps running their course?
Thanks,
Chili
AFAIK if you have the realism option "no event camera" disabled, you should get it when you shoot
Old 05-05-07, 04:28 PM   #35
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Quote:
Thanks,
Chili
AFAIK if you have the realism option "no event camera" disabled, you should get it when you shoot
This is correct however its a hindrance sometimes and gets in the way of the 'position keeper' and by the time I get to move it over ( so I can see where I've been let alone where I'm going ), something usually goes wrong so I just check the box and do without. Its another 3% added to your realism if box checked.It also eats up some more fps, but if you've some fps to spare go for it.
Old 05-05-07, 06:06 PM   #36
ccruner13
Navy Dude

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjuice
is there a problem with the speed calculation? I have tried but cannot get a speed calculation on any targets. if its not a bug, how do i do it?
In a way, I concur!

Is there a tutorial (something definitive - by WWII standards, that is ) about speed calculation?

I have only seen the one made by Hitman.
if you are running metric marking the position of ship and waiting 3:15 on the timer and measuring the distance works good. km traveled = knots. if you dont have 3:15 divide that by 2 or 4 or 16 take the distance and multiply it back up to get knots. still kinda innacuarte because it round 1.5km up to 2 so its not really 2 km until halfway until it changes to 3 km. lol. but you can do this when you are paused so you can take your time at least
ccruner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 10:00 AM   #37
rhohltjr
Mate

Downloads: 117
Depth rating of subs.

Where are the depth ratings for the subs? How can I dive deeper than 165 feet in any boat? What gauge will let me know how deep I am ? Is this explained anywhere? Thanks in advance.

Come on! I'm sure you grizled ole SHI, SHII, and SHIII salts have this info handy!

Last edited by rhohltjr; 05-07-07 at 11:50 AM.
rhohltjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 04:12 PM   #38
Gh3ngis
Swabbie

Default Using tools!

Their is one thing i am really struggling with and that is using the tools. When i am given a bearing of a merchant/warship at long range i am then given updates unfortuantely from their i get lost or head in the wrong direction. Has a tutorial been released that shows how you use the protractor and the upside down compass (help tool which really confuses me). Thanks for any responses

Gh3ngis

Edit: I have just watched WernerSobe tutorial on plotting a solution by Sonar, i must say it is brilliant (good job Werner) anyhow what i want is in that tuorial but i need an IDIOTS guide on the use of protractor, ruler and maths involved and so on, in getting a ships heading, again any help appreciated.

Last edited by Gh3ngis; 05-07-07 at 04:57 PM.
Gh3ngis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-07, 08:57 PM   #39
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhohltjr
Where are the depth ratings for the subs? How can I dive deeper than 165 feet in any boat? What gauge will let me know how deep I am ? Is this explained anywhere? Thanks in advance.

Come on! I'm sure you grizled ole SHI, SHII, and SHIII salts have this info handy!

Click where the yellow X is and depth guage will change to deeper depths ( mine shows default here ). The other guages will also change in respect.

Old 05-08-07, 05:32 PM   #40
strelnikov
Watch

Downloads: 5

Hi all! sorry for a problem but only one question - where is TDC data reset button? Can someone help pls?
Old 05-09-07, 08:46 PM   #41
Diggs
Swabbie

Thanks, this has been a huge help! Does anyone know if it's necessary to download v 1.1 before downloading 1.2? Also?

Last edited by Diggs; 05-09-07 at 09:43 PM.
Diggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 11:48 AM   #42
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
Thanks, this has been a huge help! Does anyone know if it's necessary to download v 1.1 before downloading 1.2? Also?
Some say yes and some say no. I loaded 1.2 right over 1.1 and my game is fine. Now, some have just loaded up 1.2 and the game for these folks acted strangly. Personally, I would load 1.1 then 1.2 over it. It just overwrites anyway.
Old 05-10-07, 05:12 PM   #43
Hazelwood
Bosun

Downloads: 2
Default SHIV Resources: Editor Guides, Custom Missions, Mission Completion Guide, Links

Ahoy,

I have put together a small web site containing the following:

(1) A few of my own missions - more to come
(2) A "How to Complete Missions" guide (in co-operation with "Beery")
(3) A Mission Editor introductory guide of my own with a download of Dietrich's SHIII Guide (very detailed and almost 100% applicable to SHIV)
(4) A table of external links to web sites I have found useful and interesting in regard to WWII in the Pacific.

Here's where you will find it:

http://www.wolfwillow.com/nu/westwin...HIV/index.html

Like all web sites this is a work in progress so expect changes/additions on a regular basis.

If the moderators find this site meets with their standards I would be pleased to have it listed here and will try to keep it up to date. Suggestions from other captains most welcome.

Best wishes,
Cpt J. Hazelwood / SS "Haddock"

Last edited by Hazelwood; 05-11-07 at 09:50 AM.
Hazelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-07, 03:39 AM   #44
Gizzmoe
Silent Hunter

Added GUIDE: Easy and Fast Speed Estimation.
Gizzmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-07, 10:39 PM   #45
simonb1612
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Legion's training video

I just watched legions training video and it really helped a lot. Thanks to everyone who is out there helping us noobies to learn how to play the game. I have a question about the camera functions. When Legion fires off his torpedos a small window opens that shows the torpedo leaving the tube and follows it -a sort of torpedo camera that i cannot find in the game. Can someone please tell me how to access this?

Many thanks