SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-18, 11:51 AM   #1
Voxman
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Can I add or change available subs in the Single Missions?

Sorry if this has been explained somewhere before but this website totally befuddles me in its size so Im hoping this question doesn't annoy anyone if its been discussed before.
With that said, I'm looking all over in the SH4 editor trying to find a way to add a new type sub to the available subs shown in pull down menu that allows one to select a particular sub. I can't find any tool that will guide me into creating/adding a new sub type/model to one of the Single Mission scenarios. Is this possible? I'm amazed and humbled by the depth and complexity of a lot of the modifications and add-ons developed by the members here in this forum...boggles my mind the amount of knowledge you guys have.
And while I'm wondering, are there any additional Single Missions that have been created that I can download into the stock version of SH4 that I am playing? Unfortunately I'm pretty tired of the stock missions in the stock version. Just wondering if anyone has created some additional missions that would work within my current version (Wolves of the Pacific - U-Boat Add-on).
Thank heavens for the wealth of knowledge on this forum!
Gary - Voxman
Voxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-18, 02:24 PM   #2
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxman View Post
Sorry if this has been explained somewhere before but this website totally befuddles me in its size so Im hoping this question doesn't annoy anyone if its been discussed before.
With that said, I'm looking all over in the SH4 editor trying to find a way to add a new type sub to the available subs shown in pull down menu that allows one to select a particular sub. I can't find any tool that will guide me into creating/adding a new sub type/model to one of the Single Mission scenarios. Is this possible? I'm amazed and humbled by the depth and complexity of a lot of the modifications and add-ons developed by the members here in this forum...boggles my mind the amount of knowledge you guys have.
And while I'm wondering, are there any additional Single Missions that have been created that I can download into the stock version of SH4 that I am playing? Unfortunately I'm pretty tired of the stock missions in the stock version. Just wondering if anyone has created some additional missions that would work within my current version (Wolves of the Pacific - U-Boat Add-on).
Thank heavens for the wealth of knowledge on this forum!
Gary - Voxman
Follow the link below and you'll find a number of single missions I made awhile ago. They will work with the stock version of the game.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1427

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-18, 07:55 AM   #3
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

As far as your original question....... "Can I add or change available subs in the Single Missions?" Yes you can, within limits. Next to the sub class that's the "default" sub for the mission you'll find an "arrow". Clicking the arrow will being up a list of available subs for the mission. The limiting factor is the date of the mission. Only the sub classes that were available at the time of the mission will be available........ie. don't expect to find a Balao in a 1942 mission. The game is designed to be historically accurate in most cases, this is one of them.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-18, 12:14 PM   #4
Voxman
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Most Appreciated

Thanks for the replies and point in right direction.

You guys are the BEST
Voxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-18, 12:29 PM   #5
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxman View Post
Thanks for the replies and point in right direction.

You guys are the BEST
Your welcome.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote