SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-31-17, 05:20 AM   #1
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Default Stupid Question no.5

FACEBOOK problem

My wife is having big problems getting her Facebook buttons to work: she says she can't post on there, open her notifications any more or log out. We found advice online saying you should try emptying your browser history and deleting your pictures cache; well we're happy to dump her browser history (nothing in there we need to keep) but we read that doing the same with images might affect any websites you have. Well I do have one, but it's normally run from another computer which she doesn't use... but I don't want to go to my website and find all the pictures have disappeared. When she's logged on to Facebook on my pc then everything works fine, but my Facebook doesn't work on her pc either.

Will deleting the browsing history and images cache from her computer also delete the browsing history from mine, because they're both logged on as the same Windows user? And will this solve her FB issues anyway?

(My apologies for not having put the title of this thread in the correct place)

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 12-31-17 at 06:00 AM.
Eichhörnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 06:20 AM   #2
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Only a guess but I'd say that each PC has it's own cache/cookies, I don't see one effecting the other. If it was me I would go for it but to be on the safe side wait for another opinion.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 06:59 AM   #3
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 337

The Picture cache is stored locally so she would have to be on your PC to delete your history + Chrome IE etc each its own cache. Its only purpose is to speed up the loading of pages when revisiting sites. Images like logos banners headers (being sort of preloaded) not any personal stuff so it would not have much effect other than taking a fraction little longer

When the cache is full it can help to flush it to stop pages lagging Chrome tends to leave stuff behind so using something like CC Cleaner is better but definitely not essential. For visiting your favourite sites it would be slightly detrimental for the above reasons but only temporarily. Chrome just as an example will keep the most visited Cached stuff held back so I would the Chrome tools to delete history /cache in your situation

FB can sometimes take along time to fully load up at the best of times in anycase

Facebook uses Javascript make sure that's running and up to date

and have a Happy New Year 2018

Last edited by Cyborg322; 01-01-18 at 07:26 AM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 11:24 AM   #4
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Thanks, buddy... that's a great help
Old 01-01-18, 04:38 PM   #5
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Chrome history and cached files cleared out completely now from Moira's pc and her Facebook account is operating normally again, thank you (hugs & kisses)