Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 09-03-08, 10:53 PM   #1
Phrozin
Bosun

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0
Default Question about flight sims

So I've been really into the Silent Hunter sub sims since the beginning, and I needed a change. So I dug out all my old flight sims (falcon 4, F/A 18, Flight Simulator 2002) and again, they just didn't do it for me. Although Falcon came close it just wasn't a F-14 so it just wont do. So I've been reading here and came to the conclusion IL-2 1946 is probably the better sim out of them all so I bought it, and I actually like it. Last night while looking up my next model (plastic kind, not 3d) I saw a DIYflightsims site that has plans for a simpit.

Most importantly I noticed a video on that site with a F-14 in it! So I started researching, I hit youtube and did 500 + searches for any number of words dealing with flight sims and F-14's. I finally came across on youtube and want to know if that actually has dog fighting in it, or just the normal "turn and burn" that Microsoft flight sim is famous for.

I know there is a sim out there with F-14's in it and it's able to dogfight, problem is the videos showcasing it don't give any specs on the games, not even the name. I also found this addon to flight sim X, but again I don't know if there is a way to engage anyone other then yelling "Bang, Bang! Got you!". That addon though is supper temping just due to the details (swept wing actually working).

So anyone know if you can dogfight in Flight Sim X or 2004, or know of a sim that has a highly detailed F-14 with dogfighting? Sorry for long post, I haven't been to sleep yet...

Joe
Phrozin is offline   Reply With Quote