Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-12, 01:39 PM   #76
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
I'll blow up your argument in one word: Google.
And I will see your one word and Google this:

http://www.investopedia.com/features...#axzz1vifbSiWo

Anyone who really puts their faith and money in a virtual .com is much more of a risk taker than I will ever be. FB offer nothing. I'll said it again. America has been hoodwinked by Wall St again.
Old 05-23-12, 02:37 PM   #77
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
And I will see your one word and Google this:

http://www.investopedia.com/features...#axzz1vifbSiWo

Anyone who really puts their faith and money in a virtual .com is much more of a risk taker than I will ever be. FB offer nothing. I'll said it again. America has been hoodwinked by Wall St again.
The tech crash had nothing to do with Google, so your rebuttal isn't much of a rebuttal. Google's a sound company with sound fundamentals and valuations. It came to market at $85 back in 04. It's now trading at over $600 a share, and at an 18 P/E. There's no comparison to the tech bubble where P/E's of over 100 for unproven companies were the norm. And my one word counter rebuttal to your non-rebuttal: Apple. $566 a share and that's at a PE of 13.81. To say all tech stocks are worthless because once upon a time people made stupid bets on things like pets.com is pretty narrow minded.

GOOG and AAPL are also the type of company that people so conveniently forget about when they wistfully get all teary eyed and say the U.S. doesn't make anything anymore. I'll take intellectual innovation over manual labor any day.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 03:00 PM   #78
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The tech crash had nothing to do with Google, so your rebuttal isn't much of a rebuttal. Google's a sound company with sound fundamentals and valuations. It came to market at $85 back in 04. It's now trading at over $600 a share, and at an 18 P/E. There's no comparison to the tech bubble where P/E's of over 100 for unproven companies were the norm. And my one word counter rebuttal to your non-rebuttal: Apple. $566 a share and that's at a PE of 13.81. To say all tech stocks are worthless because once upon a time people made stupid bets on things like pets.com is pretty narrow minded.

GOOG and AAPL are also the type of company that people so conveniently forget about when they wistfully get all teary eyed and say the U.S. doesn't make anything anymore. I'll take intellectual innovation over manual labor any day.
I have said in every post that this smells of a .com crash. I did not say Google had anything to do with the crash. It was not a rebuttal. How strong Google is does not persuade me to invest. Facebook is another .com to me. Google is another .com to me and can take dump much like the .com bust of 2002. Google ticks because Google has become a noun and a verb in the English Language. The commercials for Bing and saying Bing when something is found using Bing just did not catch on.

Apple...offers products. Ipod, Iphone. What at Apple USA is made other than a program to go on devices made outside the US? The Ipods etc are made overseas. Sweatshops. http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...172800495.html But Apple says that's bunk and we all take it hook, line and sinker. Apple is not a .com company. What does Apple make in the USA?

Did I state anywhere that all tech stocks are worthless? Differing opinion does not correlate to narrow mindedness.
Old 05-23-12, 03:08 PM   #79
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
I have said in every post that this smells of a .com crash. It was not a rebuttal. How strong Google is does not persuade me to invest. Facebook is another .com to me Google is another .com to me and can take dump much like the .com bust of 2002. Google ticks because Google has become a noun and a verb in the English Language. The commercials for Bing and saying Bing when something is found using Bing just did not catch on.

Apple...offers products. Ipod, Iphone. What at Apple USA is made other than a program to go on devices made outside the US? The Ipods etc are made overseas. http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...172800495.html Apple is not a .com company. What does Apple make in the USA?

Did I state anywhere that all tech stocks are worthless? Differing opinion does not correlate to narrow mindedness.
I think we're debating different things here.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 05-23-12, 03:14 PM   #80
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I think we're debating different things here.
I think you are right!
Old 05-23-12, 03:21 PM   #81
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
I think you are right!

Old 05-23-12, 03:29 PM   #82
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

The true losers in the entire FB extravaganza is once again...the American public.

Zucker should be ashamed. I think I'm moving operations over to Google+.
Old 05-23-12, 03:43 PM   #83
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Zuckerberg has been very quiet the past few days, hasn't he?

I read something that said he would laugh any investment banker out of the room that didn't value the company at at least $100 billion. That's how they ended up with the bloated and unrealistic IPO price they did.

Old 05-26-12, 01:19 PM   #84
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Look who has been at it again...

Quote:
Facebook banks under fire after helping bet against float
Anger at Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan loaning shares to hedge funds wanting to short the stock
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...t-7789316.html

Try Naked Shorting Stock which is illegal.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-12, 01:15 AM   #85
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

The Facebook Illusion

Quote:
THERE were two grand illusions about the American economy in the first decade of the 21st century. One was the idea that housing prices were no longer tethered to normal economic trends, and instead would just keep going up and up. The second was the idea that in the age of Web 2.0, we were well on our way to figuring out how to make lots and lots of money on the Internet. The first idea collapsed along with housing prices and the stock market in 2007 and 2008. But the Web 2.0 illusion survived long enough to cost credulous investors a small fortune last week, in Facebook’s disaster of an initial public offering.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/27/op...me&ref=general

Note: May 26, 2012

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 06:01 PM   #86
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...#ixzz1vbjh273C

http://www.businessinsider.com/faceb...-growth-2012-4

Old 04-10-18, 02:42 PM   #87
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Zuckerberg on the hot seat. He's pretty adept at dodging questions by saying, "We give our users the option to...."

Btw the stock is at $160, from a high of $190. My mom bought a ton at $43 against the advise of her advisor.
Old 04-10-18, 03:08 PM   #88
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

In the news here they have said FB could be regulated through laws and the word divided have also been mentioned.

If the Senate or the Congress create some laws to regulate FB, what would prevent Zuckerberg from pick up his things(FB) and move to an another country where there isn't so much regulation on Internet.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 04:39 PM   #89
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Those on the investigating committee now have power over Zuckerberg he is in the hot seat. If he wants to see his job Facebook survive he has one option. Give government access to what it wants when it wants and all will be forgiven. The entire idea that he was involved in any wrong doing will be seen as just a simple mistake. Zuckerberg will be placed back upon his high horse, heck he might even get a public apology. But Uncle will have gotten what he wanted.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 04:48 PM   #90
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Facebook has build up a monopoly on the Internet in the social media sector.

The question is

is it FB who is responsible for this ?

Or

Is it the member them self.

Really don't know how to explain this

I have FB friends who seems to be on FB 14-16 hours per day and in the news I have heard about people who have FB up and running all day long, even when they sleep and wake when they hear this bling sound, so they can read a response and thereby write a comment

Is this FB's fault that people have been addicted to FB ?

Another thing
During the weekly hearing in the Danish Parlament the Prime Minister said in an answer to an another politic leader.

The Danish people is very restrictive when it comes to deliver personal information to the public, who are regulated by laws and regulations
While they don't have any problems or any doubts giving away information about they life, surf history and other things to FB.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote