SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-09, 11:41 PM   #166
Capt.Warner
Lieutenant

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Fall of the Rising Sun Installation:
1.Download FOTRS
2.Open up with Winrar or whatever you use
3.Extract all the data and stuff into your mods folder
4.Open up JSGME and the mod should be in your deactivated mods list
5.Activate mod
I hope this helps the people that are having problems getting FOTRS working.

Capt.Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-09, 07:40 PM   #167
cheese123
Gunner

Downloads: 1

How is the kaga & Akagi coming along anyway?

Cheese
cheese123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 11:42 PM   #168
chahyll
Nub

Downloads: 10
Default i have a really serious problem with FOTRS

ok, i did a total re-install of sh4, patched to 1.4 and then downloaded FOTRS. i used JSGME to install the mod. it activated and it loaded up and i got all the way to the loading screen and the loading bar went about 95% of the way and then i got an error message saying this

"file not found:data/menu/data/black80.tga"

and after clicking ok, it comes back up and it does this again and again and then it finally says that im missing MORE FILES!!!!

this mod sounds amazing and i really want to play it, but this issue is killing me, it was this issue that caused me to do an entire clean install. idk whats going on here, can someone help me!??!?

Danke,

Cahill
chahyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 02:23 AM   #169
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahyll View Post
ok, i did a total re-install of sh4, patched to 1.4 and then downloaded FOTRS. i used JSGME to install the mod. it activated and it loaded up and i got all the way to the loading screen and the loading bar went about 95% of the way and then i got an error message saying this

"file not found:data/menu/data/black80.tga"

and after clicking ok, it comes back up and it does this again and again and then it finally says that im missing MORE FILES!!!!

this mod sounds amazing and i really want to play it, but this issue is killing me, it was this issue that caused me to do an entire clean install. idk whats going on here, can someone help me!??!?

Danke,

Cahill

You need 1.5 Uboat Missions bud
Old 05-07-09, 04:50 PM   #170
chahyll
Nub

Downloads: 10

haha, wow i feel stupid now, lol

thank you!
chahyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 11:50 PM   #171
keith_uk
Torpedoman

Downloads: 101

I like the mod, but i thought the graphics could be a bit better, so i installed Real Environment mod. Everything seems fine after a quick test, so will Real Environment mod be ok with FOTRS or can i expect any problems?

Also, i would like the free camera back for the subs interior and is there a way to get the bath tub tower back on the early Gato?

Thanks,

Keith.
Samsung SSD 830 Series
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
keith_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-09, 02:21 PM   #172
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_uk View Post
I like the mod, but i thought the graphics could be a bit better, so i installed Real Environment mod. Everything seems fine after a quick test, so will Real Environment mod be ok with FOTRS or can i expect any problems?

Also, i would like the free camera back for the subs interior and is there a way to get the bath tub tower back on the early Gato?

Thanks,

Keith.
I will take a look to contents of the Real Env.-Mod.
I think you can use it with FOTRS but iam not sure cause FOTRS got some special entry´s in some files.
For example the Rockets from the planes got special effects and i dont know if the Real Env.-Mod will overwrite these files.
I will give you the results this weekend.

Greets

Maddy
Old 05-08-09, 03:39 PM   #173
keith_uk
Torpedoman

Cool, thanks.

What about the free camera for the subs interior and the bath tub towers though? I would at least like to have the free camera if thats possible.

Keith.
Samsung SSD 830 Series
Old 05-09-09, 05:19 PM   #174
keith_uk
Torpedoman

I've just finished my first patrol with this mod. I didn't find a single enemy ship anywhere, just small fishing boats.
I used up all my fuel searching. I was bored out of my mind!

It was the first mission from pearl 8th dec 1941.

Keith.
Samsung SSD 830 Series
Old 05-10-09, 01:14 AM   #175
Rolf Eschke
Lieutenant

Downloads: 60

Nice Mod,but why is there no Info in the German Forum ?
Regards
Rolf
Rolf Eschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-09, 11:15 PM   #176
remenents
Swabbie

Downloads: 40
Default Help?

Call me a noob or whatever, but I been playing SH4 for a while and not long ago got into some of these really cool mods you guys have made. My problem is, when I try to install this mod, it downloads a file that i have to open to then instal to a directory of my choice. When I instal it and use the Generic Mod Enabler to make it active, I get nothing. Not boats, not planes, no campaign, nothing. Its takes about 20 secs to install from start to finish and I am in Iraq, and anyone that has been here knows how slow the internet is... what I am wondering is if this is the ACTUAL mod or just an add-on because the Carrier-Upgrade package took 15 minutes to install and the "Mod" itself only took like 20 seconds. Any help with this please?

-Bored in Iraq.
remenents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 12:20 PM   #177
W4chund
Seaman

Downloads: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by remenents View Post
Call me a noob or whatever, but I been playing SH4 for a while and not long ago got into some of these really cool mods you guys have made. My problem is, when I try to install this mod, it downloads a file that i have to open to then instal to a directory of my choice. When I instal it and use the Generic Mod Enabler to make it active, I get nothing. Not boats, not planes, no campaign, nothing. Its takes about 20 secs to install from start to finish and I am in Iraq, and anyone that has been here knows how slow the internet is... what I am wondering is if this is the ACTUAL mod or just an add-on because the Carrier-Upgrade package took 15 minutes to install and the "Mod" itself only took like 20 seconds. Any help with this please?

-Bored in Iraq.

If you unzip the downloaded File in an separate Directory and not into the Mod Folder of JSGME in your SH4 Directory,the Unzipper will make 2 Folders. To activate the Mod you need the Folder with the "data" Files, like in your SH4 Directory!
As Example:

filexyz.zip --> unzip into c:\filexyz will end in c:\filexyz\filexyz\data

If you now Copy the Folder \filexyz\filexyz\data into c:\SH4\Mod, JSGME will not enable the Data Files.
You must copy the \filexyz\data Folder, than JSGME will enable the Mod with overwriting the needed Files in your SH4 directory.

Or you unzip filexyz.zip directly into c:\SH4\Mod, than you will have c:\SH4\Mod\filexyz\data
W4chund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 01:33 PM   #178
remenents
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4chund View Post
If you unzip the downloaded File in an separate Directory and not into the Mod Folder of JSGME in your SH4 Directory,the Unzipper will make 2 Folders. To activate the Mod you need the Folder with the "data" Files, like in your SH4 Directory!
As Example:

filexyz.zip --> unzip into c:\filexyz will end in c:\filexyz\filexyz\data

If you now Copy the Folder \filexyz\filexyz\data into c:\SH4\Mod, JSGME will not enable the Data Files.
You must copy the \filexyz\data Folder, than JSGME will enable the Mod with overwriting the needed Files in your SH4 directory.

Or you unzip filexyz.zip directly into c:\SH4\Mod, than you will have c:\SH4\Mod\filexyz\data

Its odd, now the download is going to take me 24 hours to download, when lastime it only took like 20 seconds. Guess I wont be able to get this mod, since the internet here needs to be manually restarted every 3 hours or it kicks you offline Ah well, thank you for the help though.
Old 05-25-09, 08:40 PM   #179
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by remenents View Post
Its odd, now the download is going to take me 24 hours to download, when lastime it only took like 20 seconds. Guess I wont be able to get this mod, since the internet here needs to be manually restarted every 3 hours or it kicks you offline Ah well, thank you for the help though.
If you get a download manager you will probably be able to resume the download and do it in multiple sessions.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 07:32 AM   #180
remenents
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
If you get a download manager you will probably be able to resume the download and do it in multiple sessions.
Download Manager? Never heard of one. (Like I said, pretty new to all this mod stuff) Do you have a good link for an easy to use one? That would really help me out a ton!

Speaking of this, is there anyone that knows a good program that would auto relog me on every 2hours 30minutes or something like that? Then I wouldnt need a Download Manager and if I am playing an online game, I wouldnt get kicked off in the middle of it.

Last edited by remenents; 05-26-09 at 07:44 AM.