Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-16-11, 01:39 PM   #16
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Could you confirm "Steel Armor: Blaze of War" English version is out as digital download?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SABW/st...r-blaze-of-war

If so I will buy it right now. I prefer modern tanks over World War II ones. I think it would be a good idea for Graviteam to think about payware mods or next tank-sim featuring modern tanks like M1A2 Abrams, Challenger-2, Leclerc, Leopard-2A6, T-64BM, T-84, T-90. I know modeling today's tanks electronics, fire control systems, thermal vision, advanced armor and so on is a challenge but you guys are on a right track to overcome monopoly of Steel Beast Pro overpriced oldie!
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-11, 02:16 AM   #17
murkz
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov View Post
Could you confirm "Steel Armor: Blaze of War" English version is out as digital download?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SABW/st...r-blaze-of-war
Yes I have it installed from GamersGate and I can confirm the game is in English
murkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-11, 12:24 AM   #18
mash71
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Default Steel - Blaze of war

is it a sim or shooter?
can only play so many battles on t34 v tiger before getting tiresome and WOT. i dont even like to say that name. sim or shooter, think its worth a try
mash71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-11, 02:34 AM   #19
murkz
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash71 View Post
is it a sim or shooter?
can only play so many battles on t34 v tiger before getting tiresome and WOT. i dont even like to say that name. sim or shooter, think its worth a try
Yes there are many battles and reading the blurb they are dynamic. So every game should be different.

I have it and enjoy it though it has a few wrinkles, the most annoying is the AI always see you hiding in trees etc and the ai driver loves to turn around to retreat.

That said, a good game and well worth playing if SP is you're only interest, there is no mp and mp is of low importance it seems as Andrey (dev) has said on Simhq
Old 12-26-11, 01:45 AM   #20
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SABoW

Well in TvsT the AI seems to have X ray eyes as well.I think thye are prerparing a patch to take care of that.That being said, from what I read in SABoW the AI is fairly good and you have a battle generator which can partly make up for lack of MP.Graviteam may eventually make an MP patch but it's not their priority simply because MP demands a lot of online support which as a small outfit they are unable to give...
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-11, 11:50 AM   #21
murkz
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Well in TvsT the AI seems to have X ray eyes as well.
Hi frinik,

True though we have fixed that issue this week

As for the mp in SA, I am sure the sales that MP would generate for Graviteam they would be able to employ someone full time to do just mp.

Jeff
Old 12-26-11, 01:54 PM   #22
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SABoW/TVsT

True enough Murkz but like many people in the former S.U. they tend to be conservative and they are still mentally catering to their Eastern European customers.Graviteam still hasn't entirely accepted the fact that it's in the West that their future is being played( no pun intended...) and in the West MP rules( not for me but for most gamers I guess).

I really have to try MP in TvsT your mod makes me salivate....
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote