SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-30-18, 07:59 PM   #3646
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
ok, but planes are not part of the spawn for this convoy, are they?
Not in the file you're looking at, but there may be issues in the Air files for airbases, or another MIS file that overlaps the area. Some of the MIS files run the whole game, others only run for a short period of time. The place to see when files are ~supposed~ to run in the Campaign is the CampaignGE.cfg file in the Data / Campaigns / CampaignGE folder. It is kind of tough to follow what's going on in there sometimes. The files listed in there are like the "background" of the game, life as you know it during game time in the CampaignData folder. Slightly different than the American side of the game...

Over in the Data / UPCDataGE / UPCCampaignData folder, the Flotillas file, working with the PatrolObjectives file is what assigns you "Mission Objectives", which call the files back in the CampaignGE / PatrolObjectives folder. When you "see" something enroute, and you call in a Contact Report, that goes through the DynamicMissGE.cfg file, which uses the DynamicMiss folder structure to give you another Objective, if appropriate. If you call in a Situation Report (Status Update) after you've completed your assigned Primary and / or Secondary,and any Hidden Objectives, then it might assign you another Objective through the DynamicMissGE.cfg also.

Needless to say, potentially lots of places to go astray with edits. I'm working on doing some housecleaning in the mod, which might take a day or two, if I don't get interrupted by FotRSU (oh, I just ~had~ to say that... ), and I'll let you know. I have found several errors in an SH Validator run, though most of them do not cause the issues you're encountering. I'll try to track those down after I do regular housekeeping...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-18, 08:37 PM   #3647
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I have plenty of wild thoughts and fantasies, but none of them fit to publish, unless it's a single copy for my wife...

In the meantime, see the pic above, and see if you can get it in the Museum. Don't try to scroll through though. After the Museum finally opens to the Iowa Class BB, use the drop-down menus and go to the British ships, then the Destroyers, then the DDTown, and see if you get what I got. If not, there's a mistake. As far as the other ships, don't forget that the files "overlap" each other. I'm going to do a an SH Validator run on the install, and I'll give you a list of "suspects" here shortly...
bad news, sports fans, the Museum takes a CTD...everytime. with or without using game booster.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-18, 10:47 PM   #3648
propbeanie

Well, it does fine on mine. Do you have LAA enabled on at least the SH4.exe file? Of course, you have to have a 64-bit OS with at least 4 gig of RAM, and the best place for advice on it is of course, CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install. Most of what he says applies to all Windows versions Vista onwards. As always, the SH4.exe has to be write-enabled by right-clicking on the SH4.exe file, choosing "Properties", then on that General tab, make certain that the "Read-only" tick box is empty in the bottom section. Now, if you happen to have a 32-bit OS, LAA may not take. In that case you could try NTCore 4Gig Patch. Originally written for WinXP 32-bit machines with 4gig or more of RAM. If you don't have 4 gig of RAM, none of these will work. Sorry to do the memory stuff again, since you already went through that with FotRSU, but just-in-case. The Game Booster is not going to help in this case usually, since the Museum in OM might actually be a little bit bigger than the one in FotRSU...

How about you run JSGME, do the "Tasks..." thingie in the middle, and "Export activated mod list to > clipboard" (if you have v2.6, or just copy it, and then post that here. Mine is:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[F:\Games\SH4OpMonsun\MODS]

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7
Just so you can get an idea of my set-up. As a little side-note, I've completed all of the house-keeping chores and a few errors that SH Validator can find, but problem with it is that it does not search the "GE" folders...Anyway, going through the Air folders, one country at a time and trying to get them to display in the Museum. So far, fix count two, crash count over a dozen...

Edit: I forgot to mention the fact that you cannot run the Museum after having run anything else in the game. Likewise, if you try to run the game after the Museum, you run the risk of weirdness that may cause you issues in the game... Exit and re-start before doing the other...

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-30-18 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Whoops! small tiny detail neglected...
Old 09-30-18, 11:38 PM   #3649
propbeanie

I'm giving up for the night mark bonamer, but so far, the Museum has issues with:
1. US - Long Range Bomber = CTD
2. US - USAAF B24 = CTD
3. US - Search Plane = CTD
4. Panama - Liberty is skinless, otherwise OK
5. Poland - DDWicher = Dead in water CTD after

The all-clear has been sounded for
1. Australia
2. Brasil ("z"?? I'll check the German spelling later)
3. Bulgaria
4. Denmark
5. Egypt
6. Estonia
7. Finland
8. Greece
9. Latvia
10. Lithuania
11. Norway
12. Occupied Greece
13. Occupied Norway
14. Palestine
15. Panama (other than the skinless Liberty above)

Notice that I skipped some "big" countries, as far as the assets go. Check the easy ones first is my motto... but SH4 won't run after the Wicher crash... - I'd better check into that beast.

Late Last Things: If your game crashes, and the game won't run anymore, copy your Save folder to a safe location, and then delete the original. Re-start the game and re-do your settings. Exit. Afterwards, bring back in the folders and files that aren't already there, and try it that way. Also, there are some issues with quite a few cfg files in the Sea folder if you use OMEGU, so I'm going to back that off of my installs until I can sort all of those out... Don't need no BB Iowa doing 270.4 knots on me!... (ship length and maxspeed are the same figures). Might 'splain a bit of what you had when trying OMEGU...

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-01-18 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-01-18, 08:40 AM   #3650
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Well, it does fine on mine. Do you have LAA enabled on at least the SH4.exe file? Of course, you have to have a 64-bit OS with at least 4 gig of RAM, and the best place for advice on it is of course, CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install. Most of what he says applies to all Windows versions Vista onwards. As always, the SH4.exe has to be write-enabled by right-clicking on the SH4.exe file, choosing "Properties", then on that General tab, make certain that the "Read-only" tick box is empty in the bottom section. Now, if you happen to have a 32-bit OS, LAA may not take. In that case you could try NTCore 4Gig Patch. Originally written for WinXP 32-bit machines with 4gig or more of RAM. If you don't have 4 gig of RAM, none of these will work. Sorry to do the memory stuff again, since you already went through that with FotRSU, but just-in-case. The Game Booster is not going to help in this case usually, since the Museum in OM might actually be a little bit bigger than the one in FotRSU...

How about you run JSGME, do the "Tasks..." thingie in the middle, and "Export activated mod list to > clipboard" (if you have v2.6, or just copy it, and then post that here. Mine is:
[F:\Games\SH4OpMonsun\MODS]

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5
OMEGU_v300
OMEGU_v300_Patch7
Just so you can get an idea of my set-up. As a little side-note, I've completed all of the house-keeping chores and a few errors that SH Validator can find, but problem with it is that it does not search the "GE" folders...Anyway, going through the Air folders, one country at a time and trying to get them to display in the Museum. So far, fix count two, crash count over a dozen...

Edit: I forgot to mention the fact that you cannot run the Museum after having run anything else in the game. Likewise, if you try to run the game after the Museum, you run the risk of weirdness that may cause you issues in the game... Exit and re-start before doing the other...
yes, yes, SH4 is LAA enabled. (check out my signature).
here is my MOD config. i backed off on OMEGU and added Max Optics quite a while ago.
[C:\Ubisoft\SilentHunter4\MODS]

1OpsMonsun_V705
2OMv705_to_V720
3OMv720_Patch5
4MaxOptics IV for SH4 1.5

LAA enabled
Old 10-01-18, 08:50 AM   #3651
propbeanie

OK, I backed-off OMEGU also, and yes indeedy, the Museum crashes almost immediately on my machine... s7rikeback and myself are looking into the issues. Quite a conundrum though... which error came first? Why does the Museum run better under OMEGU (although very unstable), yet won't even begin to load in v720p5 plane-janed? Most interesting. Thus far though, most of the merchants appear to be OK for the most part, and the DDAdroit, which is the basis for the DDWicher definitely has problems, as do several planes. We'll get back with you maybe tomorrow, but it might be a few days...

Old 10-01-18, 07:12 PM   #3652
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
OK, I backed-off OMEGU also, and yes indeedy, the Museum crashes almost immediately on my machine... s7rikeback and myself are looking into the issues. Quite a conundrum though... which error came first? Why does the Museum run better under OMEGU (although very unstable), yet won't even begin to load in v720p5 plane-janed? Most interesting. Thus far though, most of the merchants appear to be OK for the most part, and the DDAdroit, which is the basis for the DDWicher definitely has problems, as do several planes. We'll get back with you maybe tomorrow, but it might be a few days...
ok, so i ran SH_Validator, of which until this episode i was totally unaware, and found lots of errors.

what a marvelous little tool!
so, i went to work resolving all of the errors.
restarted SH4 with the Iceland save file but received the same result.
----
i am going to try the rebuild-save-folder now.

LAA enabled
Old 10-01-18, 07:23 PM   #3653
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
ok, so i ran SH_Validator, of which until this episode i was totally unaware, and found lots of errors.

what a marvelous little tool!
so, i went to work resolving all of the errors.
restarted SH4 with the Iceland save file but received the same result.
----
i am going to try the rebuild-save-folder now.
jesus-s4it-a-brick. it's working. the iceland-ireland save reloaded and the large convoy spawned successfully.
whew!
so, fixing the anomalies and then rebuilding the CFG-Save-folders did the trick.
the only Validator errors i did not fix were the plane errors. some were missing files, such as eqp, etc. i can send you the log file if you want it.

LAA enabled
Old 10-01-18, 10:53 PM   #3654
propbeanie

Yeah, that Save folder can be a beach, eh?

SH Validator will not scan the Campaigns CampaignGE folder. However, there might be a little trick to that, which I'm going to try tomorrow, and that is to copy the Campaign files from one side to the other. Some file names and folders' names may have to be changed, but we'll see what happens!

Old 10-02-18, 09:22 PM   #3655
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default compressed air will not recover

ah, the joys of SH4-OpMunson.

so, during a patrol i notice that my compressed air is declining with every dive and not replenishing.
i do some research and someone suggested save/reload similar to the CO problem/fix. that did not work.
someone else suggested that i dive and then manually alter the depth and then surface. that did not work but it did lower my compressed air level.
so, has anyone experienced the non-recovering compressed air syndrome?

LAA enabled
Old 10-12-18, 02:48 PM   #3656
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Guys, I have tracked and fixed all the air / sea / roster files that was causing my CTD as soon as the museum began to load. I have also fixed the roundels, the missing flags, corrected the names.cfg plus other small fixes.
I can now load this mod, with the new corrections on both my listed systems and view every Air / Sea / Submarine model without any freeze or CTD.

What this does not currently do:
Correct any errors in the two OMEGU mods, at this time. As i still have to fix the 4 German Submarines that have no turms showing in the museum.

propbeanie now has the files, and his much prized excel spreadsheet I created for this task. so that he can do a compare in the campaign files and flush out all the errors.

Propbeanie, there is a newer spreadsheet about to hit your inbox, i have noticed several errors in the Sea > type column which would not have helped you at all.
Old 10-19-18, 02:50 AM   #3657
1akula1
Watch

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default Kiel Locks

Hi!

I really like Kiel locks and was wondering if there is a mod that adds them to SH4 OM? I found a thread on this forum where Nautilus42 ported his SH3 Kiel locks to SH4 but the download link is long dead.

Does anyone still have those files?

Also how hard is it to adapt SH3 assets to work for SH4? I run assisted plotting mod for sh3 on sh4 no problem....I guess its not that easy for objects and textures?

1akula1
1akula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 07:58 PM   #3658
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
I'm giving up for the night mark bonamer, but so far, the Museum has issues with:
1. US - Long Range Bomber = CTD
2. US - USAAF B24 = CTD
3. US - Search Plane = CTD
4. Panama - Liberty is skinless, otherwise OK
5. Poland - DDWicher = Dead in water CTD after

The all-clear has been sounded for
1. Australia
2. Brasil ("z"?? I'll check the German spelling later)
3. Bulgaria
4. Denmark
5. Egypt
6. Estonia
7. Finland
8. Greece
9. Latvia
10. Lithuania
11. Norway
12. Occupied Greece
13. Occupied Norway
14. Palestine
15. Panama (other than the skinless Liberty above)

Notice that I skipped some "big" countries, as far as the assets go. Check the easy ones first is my motto... but SH4 won't run after the Wicher crash... - I'd better check into that beast.

Late Last Things: If your game crashes, and the game won't run anymore, copy your Save folder to a safe location, and then delete the original. Re-start the game and re-do your settings. Exit. Afterwards, bring back in the folders and files that aren't already there, and try it that way. Also, there are some issues with quite a few cfg files in the Sea folder if you use OMEGU, so I'm going to back that off of my installs until I can sort all of those out... Don't need no BB Iowa doing 270.4 knots on me!... (ship length and maxspeed are the same figures). Might 'splain a bit of what you had when trying OMEGU...

From the first post of the thread, under know problems

14. Do not attempt to enter the museum. Due to the large number ships added by OM, SH4 will CTD
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 10:45 PM   #3659
propbeanie

That is a good point lurker_hlb3, and it is really good to see you post, sir! Probably the biggest change with modding lately has been the use of LAA applet to open the memory beyond the old 2gig limit. But we are using the Museum as the "test bed" for "asset" compliance, and actually do have it working now. Would you like to see the tweaks? We can PM you a link with the files tweaked thus far. Unfortunately, both of us "editors" have been having computer issues ("wonderful" Windows 10 update troubles), and have run into time constraint issues. We have not "finished" anything quite yet, so it's still just a rough draft, still in the "pre-alpha" stage...

Old 11-15-18, 05:55 AM   #3660
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
That is a good point lurker_hlb3, and it is really good to see you post, sir! Probably the biggest change with modding lately has been the use of LAA applet to open the memory beyond the old 2gig limit. But we are using the Museum as the "test bed" for "asset" compliance, and actually do have it working now. Would you like to see the tweaks? We can PM you a link with the files tweaked thus far. Unfortunately, both of us "editors" have been having computer issues ("wonderful" Windows 10 update troubles), and have run into time constraint issues. We have not "finished" anything quite yet, so it's still just a rough draft, still in the "pre-alpha" stage...

No thanks, I've retired from modding, just happen to be passing by
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote