SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-30-17, 07:52 PM   #1
olevolsing
Nub

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
radar singleplayer

Are there going to be a singleplayer mode in wolfpack?
olevolsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 05:20 AM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > olevolsing
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 05:54 AM   #3
DiddumsJ
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

Theyve said there will be an option to replace unfilled slots with AI on your sub, so basically you should be able to run the missions solo. If youre referring to a campaign like singleplayer story I dont think that will happen.
DiddumsJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 11:37 AM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

DiddumsJ!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 09:16 AM   #5
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Downloads: 18

I'm in the market for a new and updated subsim and the promo video caught my eye. I choose not to do multiplayer anything and didn't find any reference to being able to play Wolfpack as a single player. I'll keep my eyes on this project but the lack of any reference to stand alone play, seems to rule out this title for me.

I may have missed the info I was looking for but clearly this is being marketed as requiring several players to operate each sub. The difficulty finding any reference to single player play (with or without other multiplayer subs on a server somewhere) seems to suggest that any ability for the single player to play would be kind of like an afterthought.

I can't imagine a product excluding the single player (I would think a substantial market share) from the experience just because one doesn't have 3 or 4 friends to play with or one doesn't wish their crew to be comprised of online strangers.

Good luck folks.

Last edited by CDR DPH; 01-03-19 at 09:26 AM.
CDR DPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 11:13 AM   #6
Alx_Novoros
Planesman

Downloads: 55

guys our group is testing Wolfpack and we can already say that the game is done correctly and is developing in the right direction. single missions will break the whole principle and approach to the gameplay. but I'll tell you more, experienced players will be able to perform the task alone. and if there is a partner it is not a problem. a crew of five will be much more effective. the introduction of bots will spoil the gameplay and lose such qualities as mutual assistance and interaction of the crew. our team has been creating KSDII adversaries and we understand the importance of creating a realistic simulator.
Alx_Novoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 04:17 PM   #7
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Downloads: 18

Thanks for the clarification and I respect the intent of the developers. I'll look elsewhere for my "death from below" fix.

Best of luck.
CDR DPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 02:53 PM   #8
Relmu
Watch

Downloads: 0

It's entirely possible to run the HMS Marulken single handedly, not that it's easy of course, there's a lot of running around to be done.

In theory you only need sonar, helm and targeting. But as long as you have patience and know what to do and when there's no reason you can't take down the flotilla with just one person.
Old 03-14-19, 09:33 AM   #9
captgeo
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 105

No single player,this not good new's.
Old 03-14-19, 01:58 PM   #10
Justaguyinnc
Seaman

Downloads: 47

I wouldn't mind MP Only..as long as I can man my own ship with bots.. and have my own server running the way I wish it to run.. I don't really care to co-pilot with others.. it never works out or gets boring. although I understand the concept.. I would hate to be stuck staring at the dive bubble while all the action is being done in other locations.. maybe a small view of what the Captain is seeing or rotation thru your crew in a small corner window? might make it more inclusive.. I dunno.

This did make me log back on subsim , which been a looong time... so thats something..
Justaguyinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-19, 12:30 PM   #11
AS
中国水兵

Downloads: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alx_Novoros View Post
the introduction of bots will spoil the gameplay and lose such qualities as mutual assistance and interaction of the crew.
Why? Multiplayers and Single Players would be sort of separated anyway I guess? So why not give those who wish for it a solo mode? You and your Friends wouldn´t be affected anyway.
Old 03-17-19, 01:59 PM   #12
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaguyinnc View Post
I wouldn't mind MP Only..as long as I can man my own ship with bots.. and have my own server running the way I wish it to run.. I don't really care to co-pilot with others.. it never works out or gets boring. although I understand the concept.. I would hate to be stuck staring at the dive bubble while all the action is being done in other locations.. maybe a small view of what the Captain is seeing or rotation thru your crew in a small corner window? might make it more inclusive.. I dunno.

This did make me log back on subsim , which been a looong time... so thats something..
Justaguyinnc ! OUR PLOT WORKED; YOU'RE BACK!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-19, 03:01 PM   #13
Lasstmichdurch
Watch

Downloads: 56

For a little/better financial success Wolfpack needs imo an option to fill unmanned stations with KI and sadly until this, i think, too many people will stay away...
Lasstmichdurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-19, 03:29 PM   #14
AS
中国水兵

Downloads: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasstmichdurch View Post
For a little/better financial success Wolfpack needs imo an option to fill unmanned stations with KI and sadly until this, i think, too many people will stay away...
This. Apart from that: Wolfpack just FEELS so immersive and authentic, it should appeal to the general simulatuion Enthusiast at once. I hope it will be a commercial success, the Devs deserve it!
Old 03-17-19, 04:34 PM   #15
RoloIrrompible
Seaman

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alx_Novoros View Post
guys our group is testing Wolfpack and we can already say that the game is done correctly and is developing in the right direction. single missions will break the whole principle and approach to the gameplay. but I'll tell you more, experienced players will be able to perform the task alone. and if there is a partner it is not a problem. a crew of five will be much more effective. the introduction of bots will spoil the gameplay and lose such qualities as mutual assistance and interaction of the crew. our team has been creating KSDII adversaries and we understand the importance of creating a realistic simulator.

I can't say it better!
RoloIrrompible is offline   Reply With Quote