SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-10, 08:27 AM   #1
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Default [REL] Hitman GUI 1.0 for NYGM3 and GWX3 (Pic Heavy!)

Not everything I wanted made it into this final version, but I had to draw a line and release it somewhen, so here it is. Special thanks to Verte, Stiebler and BillCar for testing the NYGM3 and GWX3 versions respectively, providing feedback I'm sorry that not all your suggestions could be implemented, guys, but I have so little spare time that it was better to release it as it is, than to withold it more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of this GUI is to provide a inmersive and realistic view, as well as allowing the user to have most tools and settings in all stations. A very important principle followed is to keep a coherence between the size of objects in all stations. Now what you see in 1.5x zoom in the periscopes will appear to you as similarly sized as what you see from the bridge. This helps estimating distances by naked eye and keeping a good situational awareness.

There is a good bunch of documentation added, a GUI manual, a Document about german optics in UBoats, and a document about how the real Kaleuns constructed the firing solutions. Read them through if you want to understand well how this GUI works and why some design decissions were taken.

Minor glitches can and will probably arise, as I haven't enough time to make intensive tests of all this. I hope I will be correctinga nd adding things slowly in the future.

Thanks to NYGM, GWX teams and karamazov for permissions, and to Manos and OLC for technical help

Happy hunting, and sink them all!!

Download links:

NYGM3: http://www.mediafire.com/?nmbaujnwmxy

GWX3: http://www.mediafire.com/?3mgh2nttdz0

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictures/Features:

ATTACK PERISCOPE:

OBSERVATION PERISCOPE:

UZO:

SWITCHABLE TDC PANEL (NOT SLIDE-OUT, APPEARS WHEN CLICKING A BUTTON) WITH LOCK/UNLOCK BUTTON IN MENU BAR:

HANHART 30 SECONDS/15 MINUTES CHRONOMETER WITH SPEED TABLE (NOT SLIDE-OUT, APPEARS WHEN CLICKING A BUTTON) :

TORPEDO AND SALVO SETTINGS PANEL (NOT SLIDE-OUT, APPEARS WHEN CLICKING A BUTTON):

SLIDE OUT WIZ WHEEL FOR AOB AND ENEMY COURSE:

DRAGGABLE PLOTTING TOOL AND DRAGGABLE HANHART 60 SECONDS/30 MINUTES CHRONO:

COMPASS WITH VERNIER (NOT SLIDE-OUT, APPEARS WHEN CLICKING A BUTTON). VERNIER FUNCTIONAL AND ROTATING TO INDICATE SINGLE UNITS:

ENLARGED DEPTH DIAL (NOT SLIDE-OUT, APPEARS WHEN CLICKING A BUTTON):

Last edited by Hitman; 03-09-13 at 04:12 AM.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote