SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-31-09, 01:43 PM   #16
Silverwolf
Officer

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Alright after a long week of class and upgrading to Windows 7 I finally got around to reinstalling everything on my laptop. So here's an update on the sub. The planes do work however because of how they work the bow plane animation had to be simplified to just having the planes move backward when surfaced and forward when submerged. That's the only way to get the fair and bow planes to work correctly.

Please excuse the incorrect conning tower, the correct one has no AO map at the moment so I haven't added it in.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...131037_878.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...131049_731.jpg

GameFront page: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/Silverwolf996
Silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 01:45 PM   #17
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Very nice silverwolf.
Old 09-20-09, 07:14 PM   #18
Silverwolf
Officer

Well finally I can update this with progress. Real life kind of hit me hard a few weeks ago so I had pretty much no time to mod anything. Even now I'm slowly being able to work on moding so it may be a while before I update this again.

Also I'm having some trouble with the periscopes. For what ever reason when I go below 55 feet, I think it is, the auto target arrow goes away. I'm sure those who use manual targeting will not care to much but for those who use auto target it's a problem.

But anyway, here you go hope you guys enjoy this little preview.

Old 09-20-09, 11:11 PM   #19
nautilus42
Watch Officer

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf View Post
Well finally I can update this with progress. Real life kind of hit me hard a few weeks ago so I had pretty much no time to mod anything. Even now I'm slowly being able to work on moding so it may be a while before I update this again.

Also I'm having some trouble with the periscopes. For what ever reason when I go below 55 feet, I think it is, the auto target arrow goes away. I'm sure those who use manual targeting will not care to much but for those who use auto target it's a problem.

But anyway, here you go hope you guys enjoy this little preview.

Amazing Video, especaly the rocket at the end! Great work, waiting for the release!

greetz
nautilus42
nautilus42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-09, 09:33 AM   #20
-BISMARCK-
Watch

Downloads: 132

Vuena'm sure rookie and I screw up but not ablo English and I'm using the google translator works fatal and translations are very confused

the mod is already available for download? or not yet finished?

Sorry for the inconvenience
-BISMARCK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 01:21 AM   #21
Coolhand112
Nub

Downloads: 20

Hallo i m new from germany

Any news about this Mod????
Coolhand112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-10, 04:30 PM   #22
Dr.Silversides
Watch

Downloads: 15

I cant wait for a Hotel Class mod-- Thanks a ton!!!; K-19 especially; and firing nuke missiles!?! I'll be checking this thread often to see any progress, do you have an estimated time of release?? Thanks
Dr.Silversides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 09:26 PM   #23
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

please come back Silverwolf I so look forward to using this sub
Old 04-02-10, 09:45 PM   #24
Silverwolf
Officer

The first post has the downloads for the sub. Yes it has finally been released. At the moment it is only for TMO 1.9, I have yet to see if any of the other big mods have been updated so I can reconfigure the sub for them.

I do realize that I made the number for the sub 384 but I decided to change it to 096.

There is a read me in the downloads that is crucial for the Nuclear missile and some other things, so don't forget to read it.
If there's someone who knows how to edit effects or knows of a larger explosion effect I could use for the shell detonation the help will be appreciated. The one I have now is too small for my tastes but its the best I can do.

Also for those of you that don't want to have the deck guns I did make a special download that has the sub stripped of them so you only have the nuke and the torpedoes.

One more warning, because of the nukes power if there are too many ships on screen the game may crash from all the effects going off.

Here's a short release vid for the sub. (Quality is low at the moment will improve once the vid is processed.

Soon I'll have one up for a quick tutorial on how to use the Auto Aim for the periscopes. Though it's not difficult for anyone to figure out.

I think that about covers it. I hope to make another sub soon and hopefully this one doesn't cause anyone a lot of problems.

Old 04-04-10, 08:55 AM   #25
nv21lg
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Default can kraken be used in campaign mode

good job .

can kraken be used in campaign mode ?
nv21lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-10, 08:27 PM   #26
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv21lg View Post
good job .

can kraken be used in campaign mode ?
I don't have the campaign mode set up yet. I'll do it once I finish up getting the sub ready for the other mods and after people tell me if they find any bugs with the sub.

-------------------------------------------
Check the first post there are download links for an quick patch that adds in a missing texture for the torpedo for TMO. There's also a link for the files needed to use the sub in the latest versions of FOTRS and RFB.

If you are using OM, I have not gotten the sub to work correctly in it yet. For some reason OM doesn't like the way I have the torpedo tubes set up.

Also the sub files for using the sub with the stock game are in the process of being completed. Look for those sometime this week.

Old 04-07-10, 07:19 PM   #27
Silverwolf
Officer

Ok, so for some reason the version of the Kraken for TMO 1.9 also works with the stock version of the game. I don't know why but if anyone was wondering if it could be used with an unmodded game it can and there's no need to download make any new files for that. OM is still giving me problems and I may just have to scrap that version so the sub will only be playable in FOTRS, TMO, RFB, and stock.

Now all that's left is to wait for some bugs to be found and then once that's taken care of I'll move on to creating the campaign mode.

Also here's a quick little add on I managed to whip up. It takes the image in the menu and changes it from the stock sub to the Kraken.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...190540_741.jpg

Here's the Download link, I'll also put it on the first post. Remember to install this after you put the patches in if you are using one for a supermod.
http://www.filefront.com/16057969/Kraken_Image.rar

Remember to install this after you put the patches in if you are using one for a supermod.
Example:
Kraken
Kraken_FOTRS
Kraken_Image

Old 04-24-10, 03:08 PM   #28
Coolhand112
Nub

Downloads: 20
can you make a video to use NK Missile please
Coolhand112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 03:25 PM   #29
convoy hunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 103

I cannot see the tower!!!!
convoy hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 03:20 AM   #30
rditto48801
Mate

Downloads: 27

Silverwolf
I am sorry to say, but this mod may not be as compatible with stock as you thought.
I am using stock (1.5), with just Kraken and the Kraken image (enabled via JSGME), and the conning tower does not show up (the 'top' is there and the missiles are visible), no periscopes, and the AA gun seems to not be usable (cannot aim it, only 'look around' from between the barrels).

I was testing it out in quick missions.

Deck gun works nicely, at least. Is it supposed to fire 2 shots/barrels in rapid succession with a single push of the fire button?

Did you ever figure out the periscope depth/auto-targeting problem?
If not, could there be some variable relating to Periscope Depth or the periscopes themselves (or maybe the conning tower or some variable relating to its height or the height of the periscope 'mount point'?) that is causing auto-targeting to not work right?
For some reason, I can't help but think about one of the (earlier?) subs happening to have a periscope depth of 55ft.

Run Silent, Run Deep, Run them Ragged, Let The Prey Not Sleep.
rditto48801 is offline   Reply With Quote