SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-27-17, 04:24 PM   #31
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570
Uploads: 0

make it very modifiable, thats the secret
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 04:55 AM   #32
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

It's going to be very moddable.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-17, 11:31 PM   #33
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Downloads: 164

Is there any information on whether you can turn the NPC voices to English?

I understand 'realism' and 'authenticity' and I want and applaud both in my sim games, but I have zero interest in learning German, and making their voices German only or default is extraordinarily short-sighted.
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-17, 09:16 AM   #34
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

The Nihilcat have been offline since september in discord I am worried a bit

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-17, 09:21 AM   #35
Thresher
Sparky

Downloads: 20

Everybody deserves a break.... I wouldn't worry!
Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-17, 04:04 AM   #36
W.A.R.D.C_sOnar
Watch

Downloads: 64
cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo45 View Post
...the torpedoing of the merchant ship from so close is totally unrealistic!
true. distatce was too close etc, but it is not a simulator - just another arcade game for kids with sweet external views for show. Maybe kids (big or small) get wet in panties - but not me.

I'm not interested in what is going on around my submarine because watching a movies is not a simulation. The graphics are good but it's just an arcade game. Maybe it will find its market when only few people played the full realism in the Silent Hunter series.

Its not a game for old fan of claustrophobia and full of realism. For me, realism is the feeling of what German soldiers felt inside the submarine.

Watching the U-boat around and tricks does not change the fact that it is an ARCADE type game and I will never change my mind about it.

PS. Sir, I see through the steel sheet of the depth charges on the right hand side we run to the left!

Sic (!) Seriously? It is not hard to conclude that the world of simulation is going down to the bottom.

Now graphic has become a level of realism. Physics and devotion to the historical realities have become void.

But... good luck! Nice graphics! Nothing more...

(dreaming about realistic U-boat simulation)
Old 10-22-17, 08:14 AM   #37
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
The Nihilcat have been offline since september in discord I am worried a bit
Marek is visible again. I think he'll keep a lower profile, but he's working hard on the game.
Old 11-03-17, 07:52 PM   #38
Ekaton
Watch

Downloads: 117

Well, I am a bit conflicted too. On one hand it looks nice and I love the crew management part, but on the other I am a grognard kind of a gamer who won't play a sim that's not as close to the real thing as possible.

With U-Boat sims the main danger is that they will market the game to the arcade kids who want to sink another ship every 10 minutes instead of having to conduct realistic patrols, planning your approach, identifying the target etc. Those may be boring for some but are what makes it satisfying.

Anyway, hope they will make this game adjustable so that grognards can have fun too.
Old 11-06-17, 06:13 AM   #39
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaton View Post
Well, I am a bit conflicted too. On one hand it looks nice and I love the crew management part, but on the other I am a grognard kind of a gamer who won't play a sim that's not as close to the real thing as possible.

With U-Boat sims the main danger is that they will market the game to the arcade kids who want to sink another ship every 10 minutes instead of having to conduct realistic patrols, planning your approach, identifying the target etc. Those may be boring for some but are what makes it satisfying.

Anyway, hope they will make this game adjustable so that grognards can have fun too.
That's exactly what will make this game different and intriguing. The Devs are including a lot of elements that weren't present in the Silent Hunter series. You need to manage your crew and maintain your sub, or you'll find that there's the possibility of a mechanical failure of some kind when you need it least. Crew members can become sick and so on. Some players might find that the balance of crew management and sub maintenance to sinking ships isn't quite right for them, but the game is being designed to be incredibly moddable. If people approach the game with an open mind, and accept that this is not Silent Hunter 6, I think they'll discover a very enjoyable game.
Old 11-07-17, 07:13 PM   #40
Ekaton
Watch

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
That's exactly what will make this game different and intriguing. The Devs are including a lot of elements that weren't present in the Silent Hunter series. You need to manage your crew and maintain your sub, or you'll find that there's the possibility of a mechanical failure of some kind when you need it least. Crew members can become sick and so on. Some players might find that the balance of crew management and sub maintenance to sinking ships isn't quite right for them, but the game is being designed to be incredibly moddable. If people approach the game with an open mind, and accept that this is not Silent Hunter 6, I think they'll discover a very enjoyable game.
Those elements can certainly make the game more realistic and immersive and I'm really happy that someone inally included them. I meant things like the rate of encounters, the equipment, and the depiction of different systems - I would certainly want to see them as realistic as possible.

That being said, I do believe they can make it a great game, just hope they won't forget about grognards.