SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Knights of the Sea Depths II: Adversaries
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-18, 07:57 AM   #1
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413
Uploads: 0
Default KSD II vs GWX 3

Hi Kaleuns
After so many years when SH4 was released and Operation Monsun was created as megamod for it I can't believe that somebody gave this game a new life

It's fantastic news for me, I always thought that after SH3 and GWX as his the best megamod it should be created GWX for SH4. We all know that it never happened unfortunately. SH5 was the big mistake, even with WoS megamod as rescue pack for this release of SH series.
The best game for submariners up to these times is SH3 with GWX 3 imho. Dynamic campaign, not only one u-boot type for playing, very well balanced playability/realism and something what is very difficult to describe - feelings of being u-boot captain and pleasure of playing this game.

After that I wanna ask you guys how to compare your work to SH3/GWX? Is it something similar or not? Better than Operation Monsun (couldn't play it, no GWX atmosphere for me)? Could you describe your idea of the game?
Of course I have to check it, download and play for myself, but wanna to know dreams come true or not thinking about new GWX for SH4.

BTW, respect for your work
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-18, 09:13 AM   #2
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxa View Post
Hi Kaleuns
After so many years when SH4 was released and Operation Monsun was created as megamod for it I can't believe that somebody gave this game a new life

It's fantastic news for me, I always thought that after SH3 and GWX as his the best megamod it should be created GWX for SH4. We all know that it never happened unfortunately. SH5 was the big mistake, even with WoS megamod as rescue pack for this release of SH series.
The best game for submariners up to these times is SH3 with GWX 3 imho. Dynamic campaign, not only one u-boot type for playing, very well balanced playability/realism and something what is very difficult to describe - feelings of being u-boot captain and pleasure of playing this game.

After that I wanna ask you guys how to compare your work to SH3/GWX? Is it something similar or not? Better than Operation Monsun (couldn't play it, no GWX atmosphere for me)? Could you describe your idea of the game?
Of course I have to check it, download and play for myself, but wanna to know dreams come true or not thinking about new GWX for SH4.

BTW, respect for your work

I will disagree with you about SH5 And TWO's being a farce .. I have been through much of the headaches with SH5 with mega mod soups. VDR, Has managed to make it playable without any CTD .. I play at 100% and I still get very nervous when being tracked by destroyers .. To the point that my hands shake .. I do not know or cannot tell if your experience about SH5 and two are coming from actual play or because you are saying what you like and dislikes are which by the way is a lot more civil than a harsh opinion SALUTE

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-18, 09:48 AM   #3
jaxa
The Old Man

This is my personal opinion.
I think about idea of the game. IMHO SH3/GWX is more comprehensive game than SH5/WoS - four types of u-boot to choose, fantastic fully dynamic campaign, better crew management and free hunting, any scripted missions to pass. SH5 without WoS is completely unplayable, that's fact. Creators of WoS made fantastic work, but for me atmosphere of SH3/GWX is unmistakeable.
I would like to see it in KSD II, using better graphic from SH4.
Old 08-05-18, 01:41 PM   #4
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Well KSD II looks great. And has realistic air traffic comparing to sh3. Because higher then 512x no air traffic in sh3. Plus you can deploy mines in sh4

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-18, 02:21 PM   #5
jaxa
The Old Man

What about dynamic campaign? Is it similar to SH3/GWX? Milk cows, free hunting etc.
Did you play Operation Monsun? How to compare it to KSD II?
Old 08-05-18, 02:40 PM   #6
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Yes its very simmiliar to Silent hunter III. Says to patrol some grid. Sometimes there are special missions. Few times I was joining a wolfpack. Its really great sadly it's in russian so it's a bit anooying. There are resupply ships haven't played so far to reach the milch cows. But there are resupply ships, Aircraft recon. Graphic's are great. In 15m/s the waves are just huge. Everything is all right. See these photos for graphics. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=237773&page=2
Well KSD II is way better then Operation Monsun imo. Well one thing is that there is no type XXIII and VIID( the mine-laying one) everything else is better. I heard that full interiors of submarines are coming to KSD II. One thing that I don't like is that developer of this mod. Want's to expand this mod into multiplayer, but most of the community want's into singleplayer.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-18, 02:58 PM   #7
jaxa
The Old Man

Sounds quite good. Have to try this, but now I have problems to force it to start.
Old 08-06-18, 06:24 PM   #8
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Yes its very simmiliar to Silent hunter III. Says to patrol some grid. Sometimes there are special missions. Few times I was joining a wolfpack. Its really great sadly it's in russian so it's a bit anooying. There are resupply ships haven't played so far to reach the milch cows. But there are resupply ships, Aircraft recon. Graphic's are great. In 15m/s the waves are just huge. Everything is all right. See these photos for graphics. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=237773&page=2
Well KSD II is way better then Operation Monsun imo. Well one thing is that there is no type XXIII and VIID( the mine-laying one) everything else is better. I heard that full interiors of submarines are coming to KSD II. One thing that I don't like is that developer of this mod. Want's to expand this mod into multiplayer, but most of the community want's into singleplayer.
There are a few of us who are slowly translating all of the messages too English. You should help.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 09:12 AM   #9
ridley
Helmsman

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Want's to expand this mod into multiplayer, but most of the community want's into singleplayer.
Speak for yourself, I rarely play SP.

The ability to take to DC my opponents appeals.
ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-18, 04:18 AM   #10
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi ridley
To be fair to Niume he did say Most and not Everyone wants to play SP which is correct.
MP will always be in the minority in any SH version compared to SP.
Having both options pleases everyone.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 12:53 PM   #11
jaxa
The Old Man

I'm agree