SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-18, 06:30 PM   #1
Imarider
Mate

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0
Default Where is FirstObjective when career starts

Where i can find first objective i get when career starts?
Imarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-18, 07:53 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

There are a lot of variables that go into that... Notice on the Menu, when you choose a new Campaign Career, that you have at least 8 dates to choose from, some mods have more. Notice also, that for each of those dates, there are at least two bases that you can play from. From each of those bases, you can have anywhere from 2 to 10 submarines available to play. After that, the Campaign variables take over, and you might get any one of a number of missions, mostly based on chance, but also time frame, and whether or not you've done a particular mission or not... In the Data / UPCData / UPCCampaignData folder are the CareerStart.upc, which is like the "menu" you'll see after choosing a new career. Flotillas.upc controls the boats and bases, and assigns a code for missions, while PatrolObjectives.cfg then takes that code and pulls a mission for you to use out of the Data / Campaigns / Campaign/ PatrolObjectives folder.

In Stock, there are 233 mission folders. In FotRSU, there are 309. Out of those, any one choice of base / sub / timeframe might have 3-6 missions to choose from. For first missions, Pearl Harbor boats are either going to Empire Waters, or the Marshall Islands. Manila boats are generally going to be somewhere around the Philippines, but might also go to Formosa or China. You can see those as "Objective 1" in the Flotillas.upc file. Get the code from that, and then look up that code in PatrolObjectives.

If I'm remembering correctly, you should find one of three missions for Empire Waters, and one of four for the Marshalls. I cannot remember the Manila assignments off the top of my head, but like Celebes Sea, Lingayen Gulf, Luzon Straits, Formosa, and a few others, but I don't remember how many of each...

All of that said, what exactly are you trying to do? Are you wanting a particular mission? A mission not working correctly for you? Stock will sometimes send you into Hiroshima Harbor, off the Inland Sea, and that might be just this side of a suicide mission, and would not have been done in real life...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 10:45 AM   #3
Imarider
Mate

Downloads: 98

The problem, that i get the same mission in all flotillias
Imarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 12:54 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Ah yes... Do you have Stock? If so, that's one of the frustrating parts of the game. TMO2.5 changes some of the mission files up, as does RSRDC and Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate. Download one or all three of those, and use a program like WinMerge and / or Notepad++, and compare the different versions of the mods against Stock in the "Data / UPCData / UPCCampaignData /" files of CareerStart.upc, Flotillas.upc and PatrolObjectives.cfg, all of which point back to the files in the "Data / Campaigns / Campaign/" and "Data / Campaigns / Campaign / PatrolObjectives/" files. All of those files work together. I will warn you right now, that if you go to changing anything, work on a copy, and make yourself a mini-mod (or mega-mod, as the case may be), so that you can back things off if needed. In stock, you should notice a difference between the missions when at a different home port. Pearl Harbor boats do Empire Waters and a few nearby locations, like the Marshalls. Fremantle boats do South China Sea, or basically anything from the Phillipines and South of.

If you decide to activate and play TMO, you should use the small patch: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3506, but if you use RSRDC on top of TMO, you won't need that. No matter how you do RSRDC though, there is also a patch for it, which is listed on that RSRDC page link above. Just be sure that you read all of the ReadMe files for both of those mods, as well as the JSGME documentation on activating a mod. The full "User's Cuide" for JSGME is also available...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 10:19 AM   #5
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakopis View Post
When you return to your home base, the first thing that happens behind the scenes is that you are assigned your next mission (you don't see this). So if you pick up the phone and request a transfer from say, Fremantle to Pearl, your first mission out of Pearl will be a mission out of Fremantle, not Pearl. It is just a bug in SH4. After you complete this first mission from your new home base, the remaining missions will be Pearl missions (using this example).

So if you get a Patrol Honshu mission from Pearl, after completing it and returning to Pearl, you decide to pick up the phone and transfer to Brisbane, your first mission out of Brisbane could be a Patrol Honshu mission because of this bug.

This is one way to have it seem like you keep getting the same mission. If you are up to SH4 v1.5 you should get fewer repeat missions (another bug from earlier versions of SH4, like SH4 v1.3).

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 06:56 AM   #6
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakopis View Post
The closest I have come to repeat missions is Patrol the Celebes Sea but it would be in different areas which seems logical. I do play SH4 v1.5. Everytime I've asked for a transfer (twice) ..........denied. Since my join date I received the Recon Hiroshima mission once. Pretty random to me. I have been playing Webster's GFO for quite awhile. If you don't like your mission you don't have to do it after you have sunk some ships and end your patrol you will get a new one. There is no penalty for not completing a mission. It took me a long time to get proficient at manual targeting (I mean a long fracking time) the game has a steep learning curve.
captcrane is offline   Reply With Quote