SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-18, 04:45 PM   #16
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

In the US, almost anyone can grow up to be president. That is just one of the risks we have to accept.
Old 01-10-18, 05:11 PM   #17
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
In the US, almost anyone can grow up to be president. That is just one of the risks we have to accept.
Who says a President has to grow up.

Last edited by em2nought; 01-10-18 at 05:13 PM. Reason: too big
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 05:18 PM   #18
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Enough is enough ... I'm sick and tired of the news media wasting my time with silly idea's like this one. Sure she has a billion dollars and a desire to be the POTUS, but it is a complete waste of her time and money.

Not even worth repeating, but I bet that comes back to bite me, uh?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 05:35 PM   #19
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

I think it is a bit premature to get spun up over this. I don't believe she has even filed for candidacy.
Old 01-10-18, 05:53 PM   #20
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Enough is enough ... I'm sick and tired of the news media wasting my time with silly idea's like this one. Sure she has a billion dollars and a desire to be the POTUS, but it is a complete waste of her time and money.

Not even worth repeating, but I bet that comes back to bite me, uh?
Sounds a bit like an argument that could have been used against Trump in 2016...

<O>
Old 01-10-18, 05:55 PM   #21
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
I think it is a bit premature to get spun up over this. I don't believe she has even filed for candidacy.
Aw, its just harmless speculation until we find out who will run against President Pence...

<O>
Old 01-10-18, 06:00 PM   #22
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Indeed. And I think she would have a problem with the current leadership at the DNC. They have had the left turn signal on for some time and I don't think that Tom Perez and Keith Ellison are looking for a moderate candidate to run for the Democrats. Unless she was willing to move in their direction it would be a problem especially for the younger Democrats who got all spun up on Bernie.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 06:03 PM   #23
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Aw, its just harmless speculation until we find out who will run against President Pence...
....against Pence in 2024.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-10-18, 06:47 PM   #24
vienna
Navy Seal

Not after he loses the election in 2020...badly...

<O>
Old 01-10-18, 06:56 PM   #25
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Or

The Democrats saying

If The Republican can have a President without any political or almost none experience, we should also have the right to have one.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 07:16 PM   #26
u crank

Quote:
Not after he loses the election in 2020...badly...
OK I'll bite. To who?

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-10-18, 08:00 PM   #27
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
OK I'll bite. To who?
The way things are going for the GOP? Almost anybody...

<O>
Old 01-10-18, 08:17 PM   #28
u crank

Quote:
The way things are going for the GOP? Almost anybody...
Yea well when Hollywood decides .... let me know.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-11-18, 12:57 AM   #29
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
The way things are going for the GOP? <O>
If things are going badly for the GOP it's due to their failure to embrace the President that their supporters overwhelmingly chose and stand behind.

Stand behind no matter what the mainstream media arm of the Democratic Party continue to throw against the wall, a year later, hoping something eventually sticks.
Old 01-11-18, 05:35 AM   #30
FullMetalADCAP
Gunner

Downloads: 25

So now we're just going to elect people who have billions of dollars? And poor people think Oprah has their interests at heart? Get real. She's no different than Trump. Just a cutthroat business person herself. You don't become a billionaire giving away YOUR money. She gives away products from companies who give her products to give away using her name. Then those companies make a profit when rich men's wives watch her show (while their rich husband is off at work working his butt off and she's home working her butt on) complain that some woman got a cool car on TV and how she wants a cool car just like she got or she's gonna scream! (Imagine Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka) And the rich man gives his wife everything she wants just to keep her from whining and complaining like that because chances are she's super attractive and uses her looks to play him like a fool but he likes having an attractive wife to sleep with even if she does cost him a fortune with her materialistic wants.

What the US needs is a middle class man who wants to take the job and wants to lower the wages for the entire US government, including the president so that the president can't make more than the average middle class person. Same with everyone in congress and the senate also. Someone who wants to tax the rich so that they can feel it just the same as a poor or middle class person. Someone who wants to overhaul the justice system so that the rich can feel that too. For instance, something isn't fair or right when a poor person and a rich person commit the same crime and the bail is set at 10,000 dollars the rich person can come up with $1000 real easy and post bail while the poor person can't unless he can get lenders to lend him the money to post the bail. $1000 to a rich person is like $10 if that. Maybe even a dime if they are rich enough. The poor person will struggle to pay off any lenders for that $1000 he borrowed to post his bail. (Note: Bail amount is usually 10% of what is stated. $10,000 = $1000 to post bail.) Heck, most poor can't even get anyone to lend them any money and just have to sit in jail and pay for their crime by losing their freedom. I think the richer you are, the more you should have to pay for your crime. For one thing, if you're rich, why are you even committing crimes? You should be an example to society, not a criminal. So sick of seeing poor people get raked over the coals in court and the rich walk free. They can afford the best attorney's to represent them also. Screw that.

Everyone should be given a public attorney. So much for the representation of "scales" being used when it's quite obvious that the poorer you are in society the more you pay. But since the rich are always running the show, it makes sense they are going to look out for their interests and screw the poor over. But the poor outnumber the rich so the poor really need to get smart and STOP electing rich people into office. Duh! Even Obama! So dumb! Elect someone who is closer to your economical position to get better representation.
FullMetalADCAP is offline   Reply With Quote