SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-06-18, 02:11 AM   #1
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0
Default SH-5 Water for SH-3 20 Km Atlantic V851

The Mod
SH5 Water for SH3 is a mod which will elevate the SH3 environment to a level not seen before in SH3. It has been created by a mathematical model which calculates colors, lighting rather than do this handcrafted parameter by parameter which will not give the best results. Compared to the previous version it contains an extensive number of improvements enhancing playability and of course graphics. For many scenaries I used pictures from the real environment.

Usage
  • Unzip the archive and enable this mod using the Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME.exe)
  • Make sure you set your anti aliasing for your graphical card as best as possible.
  • I tested it mainly with GWX but expect it to work for other mega mods as well.
Download updated version v851:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j0aj8s...antic_V851.zip

Changes from v718 to v851:
- Improved rain scene in evenenings
- Improved nightsky for clear or cloudy evenings

Sensors
We are not intended to create and test all variants for sensors as there are many (mega)-mods. But it is an idea to change the ranges in the sensors.dat as this is a 20 km environment. suggested values:

Precise Range = 17500
Max Range = 19900 (this is one matters)

You can use Silent 3ditor for that

Bigger sun
In case you need a bigger sun then download the archive below and apply it after you activated the SH3 mod. Please note that there are two version in the archive so use the own which you like most:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s6nc5f...r_Sun.rar/file

Screenshots:

Evening, cloudy

Afternoon, near sunset

Rain, no wind.

Evening, calm

Storm, cloudy

Sunny, calm

Calm, sunny afternoon

Cloudy and calm

Rain, storm

Torpedo Treffer!

Evening

Night attack

Storm and rain in the evening

Evening, sunny and storm

Enjoy!

Last edited by rik007; 12-04-18 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Updated version to v851
rik007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 02:39 AM   #2
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

Nice Rik,will test it soon
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 02:44 AM   #3
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Always good to have the choice of water rendering!
Looks nice
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 06:53 AM   #4
ThePrody
not dead yet

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 1

i tested it with both GWX and NYGM and in both cases there is a problem with the sun, it is very small and moving too fast on the sky , i hope we can fix this because i really liked the look of the water and the variance in colors . I also tried some older version, V84 and its the same thing .
I also have this SH5 water mod :
http://brat01.mybb.by/viewtopic.php?id=210 ( you can download it from post no. 17 )
That one doesnt have any sun issues for me .

Last edited by ThePrody; 11-06-18 at 07:13 AM.
ThePrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 07:34 AM   #5
Fifi
Navy Seal

Tested with WAC 5 and no problem. It’s really nice!

Don’t see this sun issue as it looks as first screen shot above
Looks normal to me.

Will try soon with NYGM...
Old 11-06-18, 08:00 AM   #6
ThePrody
not dead yet

First, there is nothing wrong with the sun speed on the sky, i guess its just an illusion due to the fact that its so small .

Second, i tried it with WAC also and the same, i guess it has to do with my hardware, i remember having the "flat sun issue" with Manos environment mods also but the author provided a "Flat Sun Fix " supplement mod that fixed that , maybe if rik007 will check what was fixed in the Manos supplement mod it will solve this one also since its obvious some of graphic cards have this issue .
Old 11-06-18, 08:14 AM   #7
Kelly621
Officer

Downloads: 336

Love the look of this mod and want to try it with NYGM. One question though, M.E.P.S, which I use currently with NYGM, includes additional mods to address the visual sensors and vanishing ship hulls. Are additional mods like these unnecessary with this mod?

Kelly621
Kelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-18, 08:41 AM   #8
Fifi
Navy Seal

I regret to say it's not good at all with NYGM...
For some reason, sun is way to small as The Prody said. And Sea is way too pixelized on horizon. Not looking good. Back with MEP V6!

With NYGM:

But with WAC 5 it's very good. I will keep it!

Old 11-06-18, 08:55 AM   #9
ThePrody
not dead yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly621 View Post
Love the look of this mod and want to try it with NYGM. One question though, M.E.P.S, which I use currently with NYGM, includes additional mods to address the visual sensors and vanishing ship hulls. Are additional mods like these unnecessary with this mod?

Kelly621

The ship vanishing hull in the MEP mod simply changes the Earth Radius from 9 999 999 ( the Earth is a flat disc in the main mod with ships popping up in and out of the view on the horizon) with 2 500 000 ( a very good value for a 20km env mod , in my opinion ) . You can always alter those values in the scene.dat and see how it affects the hull-down effect and if its on your liking , check this guy's observations for how the ships may look irl:
https://civilwartalk.com/threads/hull-down.83791/

This mod has Earth Radius 1 000 000 which might create quite a pronounced hull-down effect, i always use as a reference the destroyer from the 065' in first naval academy mission, the distance from the sub and that destroyer is around 8.5 - 9 km .

@Fifi, yes , i also have that pixelated sea but i thought i can live with it if i can fix the sun , the colors of the mod are great .

Last edited by ThePrody; 11-06-18 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-06-18, 09:33 AM   #10
Kelly621
Officer

Fifi and ThePrody,

Thanks for the observations and information guys. Got a good handle on hull down aspect, 20 plus years at sea will do that But now I know where to fiddle with the numbers!

Kelly621
Old 11-06-18, 09:51 AM   #11
ThePrody
not dead yet

So, installing the Flat sun Fix mod from the MEPv6 mod on top of this mod fixes the flat sun issue but i think it alters the colors also, so i hope rik007 will provide a FSF adapted to his mod .
As for the ultra pixelation, i dont know how that will get fixed, i'm curious if the screenshots provided are done with a nVidia or a ATI video card .
Old 11-06-18, 10:59 AM   #12
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

The sunhalo has a different effect with different graphical cards. In case you need a bigger sun then download the archive below and apply it after you activated the SH3 mod. Please note that there are two version in the archive so use the own which you like most:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s6nc5f...r_Sun.rar/file
Old 11-06-18, 11:09 AM   #13
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
I regret to say it's not good at all with NYGM...
For some reason, sun is way to small as The Prody said. And Sea is way too pixelized on horizon. Not looking good. Back with MEP V6!
The pixelazion on the horizon you should fix by increasing the anti aliasing in your graphical card. That will make the graphics better anyway. I added two extra suns (see post #1)
Old 11-06-18, 11:50 AM   #14
Kelly621
Officer

Quote:
The pixelazion on the horizon you should fix by increasing the anti aliasing in your graphical card
After installing your mod I tried anti-aliasing with my Nvidia card and it made a positive difference for me. Thanks for your work on this...never thought I would see NYGM look this good

I am having a problem with your link above, getting a something is missing error.

Kelly621
Old 11-06-18, 12:16 PM   #15
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik007 View Post
The pixelazion on the horizon you should fix by increasing the anti aliasing in your graphical card. That will make the graphics better anyway. I added two extra suns (see post #1)
But if we increase AA more than X4 we loose the nice sun, isn’t it correct in SH3? (As in SH4 BTW)

With your mod, if we increase AA over X4, do we keep the sun halo?