SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-12-08, 06:12 AM   #91
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper
He's referring to Mikhayl's S-Boot mod, 999-Jay-999. If you haven't tried it yet, you're missing an incredibly fun and fast-paced experience. It's in a sticky posted near the top of the SH3 Mods Workshop here.

asanovic7, the longer ship wakes were released as a mod some time ago but it was made for GWX 1.03. The longer wakes are done by editing the 'Ship Wake' sections in the .val files of the vessels.

Unfortunately, it would require editing the appropriate file of each and every ship type to have longer wakes and making sure each ship's wake looked correct in the game. Noone has had the will to take up the challenge of such a task.

Since it seems every other mod alters these files, it would require constant updating as well as several differing versions to ensure compatibility with the various popular add-on mods for GWX.

Quite a lot of work when you consider that GWX has hundreds of ships, boats, and submarines.

It would be great if someone could create a patcher that would only write the proper Ship Wake values to the .val files, regardless of what mods are installed. That's what was originally done with the "Real Weather Fix 2" so it was compatible with any mod. Perhaps Stiebler could provide a way to create a similar patcher for you to add the longer wake values into GWX 2.1.
Thanks for the valuable information. I didn't think of fixing the wakes myself, better said, don't know how to do it :rotfl: , since I'm still a newbie at this, I was just answering to one guy who asked about it. That would be great if stiebler would do it, since he has a valuable start with his rwf2. Although, just meddling with some things require alot of time, so for the rest of us, vultures, it requires patience.
Thanks again, graf paper.
"similar patcher for you to add" - I didn't understand you well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Yep it works but RB's/Asanovic zones.cfg file is included for a purpose, if you don't use it you lose a lot of features depending on it.
Hey, thanks for dropping in and explaining some stuff. And, I must say I finally downloaded your s-boot after a fight "over 5 days" with filefront. :rotfl: I can't wait to play it.

Actually, I must say no, you will not loose many of the features, since I made only one difference to zones.cfg, so everybody can easily do what linerkiller did.
I must say since alot of files functioning in sh3 is still a mistery to me(learning by tries and reading), other than particles.dat and materials.dat(hopefully), the zones.cfg I didn't yet quite grasped.
For instance, I meddled with zones.cfg, to add some effects and chop up the flare. Result was, and I don't know how and when :rotfl: planes fired flares. Yep, you will not see anymore planes firing flares. Because I now know what "activates" it. Anyways, I have to know more before I grasp the right appliance of the zones.cfg.

Anyways, with s-boot mod, make a mission with an oil tanker full of oil, fire all weapons at it. If it explodes like in the picture on page 1 of this mod, then you have all. If not, in the end of the file of zones.cfg, there is this:

[Global Params]
CargoExplosionRange=15.0
;FuelExplosionRange=3.0
AmmoExplosion=#Splinter_explosion
AmmoForceMultiplyer=1.5
;FuelExplosion=#oil_explosion
FuelForceMultiplyer=0.5
Penetration Threshold=0.2
Armor Level Factor=4

Make it appears like this:

[Global Params]
CargoExplosionRange=15.0
;FuelExplosionRange=3.0
AmmoForceMultiplyer=1.5
FuelExplosion=#oil_explosion
FuelForceMultiplyer=0.5
Armor Level Factor=4

That means erase that ; before fuel explosion, without meddling much.
That is the only thing I changed in my zones.cfg, although I have one new, but not yet for show. Now, I didn't test before without that ; erased, so if this i swrong and it doesn't or didn't change anything, don't judge me hard. I'm a guy just like you who can't read everything. Like I said in the readme
"too many files I can handle.."
I'm learning, but sometimes it's hard, Ringo, really hard.. So far, I'm really happy this effects mod by racerboy(that explosions are so fine and the sound of all those little pieces falling into water) are available to everyone and to me(who are playing on GWX 2.1), because the first time I saw little supermans flying or swimming in the water, I just fell in love. That is what's missing to sh3, a feeling you don't shoot metal cans..

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerkiller
I have experienced that when I tried to install RB/Asanovic7 mod over the Sboot1.0 without changing anything...I tried to fix that by using the Sboot zones.cfg after the installation of the SH4-sh3 mod...it worked for me
Jolly good show, Mate, keep it on!

And as for the little guy flying overboard, I tried meddling with 3d models last nights, it was a bit fun, hard though to move a muscle, but the tricky part is how to import it into dat files. Now, I have skwas's explanation for importing models, but I feel I will have to bother some men to have more info. Anyways, that is something I think will not be so crucial, like a funzone for me, sorry, if I do it you will see it, regarding lifeboats mod will eventually come out. I'm really hurt and impatient with that mod, although guys are working hard, we can only hope the best for them.

As for a6intruder, now, I really don't know what to say to your picture. In particle.dat file you have effect called funnel_smoke. It has its id card, in it's particle generators it calls for 3d models and bitmaps from materials.dat, and every boat in the game uses that id, meaning that effect to make a funnel smoke on the funnel. Now, how would you explain to me that ship doesn't have funnel smokes? :rotfl: Because, to tell you the truth I don't know how to explain that, other by saying that ship is actually a submarine on periscope depth.

- everybody -
I'm shure you will say boohoo, that guy is thick and doesn't know anything. Well..
Cheers!

p.s. manic depression is rocking my boat..
p.s.s. I will upload sort of a preview for a6intruder on filefront, regarding the loss of wind, if you like the last release and don't want to bother with testing or reporting, Please DON'T DOWNLOAD IT!!!
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 08:38 AM   #92
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22

As for a6intruder, now, I really don't know what to say to your picture. In particle.dat file you have effect called funnel_smoke. It has its id card, in it's particle generators it calls for 3d models and bitmaps from materials.dat, and every boat in the game uses that id, meaning that effect to make a funnel smoke on the funnel. Now, how would you explain to me that ship doesn't have funnel smokes? :rotfl: Because, to tell you the truth I don't know how to explain that, other by saying that ship is actually a submarine on periscope depth.

I found this issue on an other supermod (LSH3) too. There are several ships ,unsing the Dkrueger-Version of RB`s-Mod, wirthout funnel-smoke. So you could not be right when you say that EVERY ship (no subs of course) uses that id. I will post some screens about that soon.
Btw The ship above has funnel-smoke with the effect-mod of DKrueger.Edit: The picture above is from GWX2.1 with your Effektmod!!
Kind regards.

Last edited by A6Intruder; 05-12-08 at 09:36 AM.
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 08:43 AM   #93
asanovic7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6Intruder

I found this issue on an other supermod (LSH3) too. There are several ships ,unsing the Dkrueger-Version of RB`s-Mod, wirthout funnel-smoke. So you could not be right when you say that EVERY ship (no subs of course) uses that id. I will post some screens about that soon.
Btw The ship above has funnel-smoke with the effect-mod of DKrueger.
Kind regards.
oK, I will look into it. Thanks. Check the new upload just for you.
Cheers!
Old 05-12-08, 09:29 AM   #94
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7
Quote:
Originally Posted by A6Intruder

Btw The ship above has funnel-smoke with the effect-mod of DKrueger.
Kind regards.
oK, I will look into it. Thanks. Check the new upload just for you.
Cheers!

I did but i am not happy with. The smoke is only a little bit effected by the speed of the ship. Take a look on what i am found and what i am looking for:
Found:

I could not see a great diffrence with the new files.
Looking for:

I hope you see the diffrence. The smoke on the C2 goes in 90° to the left side
Last not least a other ship without smoke from LSH3:

Kind regards

Last edited by A6Intruder; 05-12-08 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-12-08, 11:49 AM   #95
asanovic7
Captain

Default hihihihi

Hey, a6intruder!
I can see now what are you talking about. About the funnel smokes. Ok, I agree, I will make them be more like 90 degrees to the bow. Well not quite 90 degrees. :rotfl:It would look silly. And for that artilleriesomethingsprache I will check for. RIGHT NOW!
I uploaded new file for you to check the smokes from fires, are you satisfied with the "leaning of smokes caused by the "wind"" and stuff like that. Not for the funnel smokes, since I've seen your funnel request just today. And this last pictures really showed me what to do AND YOUR OPINION. Thanks.
Regarding smokes affected by the wind, I must tell you, that those smokes "lean" always no matter what situation of the weather is, so I just leaned them a bit(it looks rather silly when there is no wind with more leaning) to show you and to ask you your opinion. You see, your intruding is really pleasant to me.
Kindest regards, meine fuhrer! :rotfl:
Cheers!
P.S. can you send me that version of dkrueger or just path to his download section? You always mention it, but I never saw it.
edittedttddt Are you shure that ship didn't make a turn?? In that way causing 90 degrees to the left side?

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-12-08 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-12-08, 12:38 PM   #96
asanovic7
Captain

Default a6intruder

Are you pulling my leg? :rotfl:
This is the only artillerie I found in GWX 2.1 in deutchnamen.cfg..
And this scshot was taken 5 minnutes ago..
Old 05-12-08, 01:14 PM   #97
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Hey, a6intruder!
I can see now what are you talking about. About the funnel smokes. Ok, I agree, I will make them be more like 90 degrees to the bow. Well not quite 90 degrees. :rotfl:It would look silly. And for that artilleriesomethingsprache I will check for. RIGHT NOW!
I uploaded new file for you to check the smokes from fires, are you satisfied with the "leaning of smokes caused by the "wind"" and stuff like that. Not for the funnel smokes, since I've seen your funnel request just today. And this last pictures really showed me what to do AND YOUR OPINION. Thanks.
Regarding smokes affected by the wind, I must tell you, that those smokes "lean" always no matter what situation of the weather is, so I just leaned them a bit(it looks rather silly when there is no wind with more leaning) to show you and to ask you your opinion. You see, your intruding is really pleasant to me.
Kindest regards, meine fuhrer! :rotfl:
Cheers!
P.S. can you send me that version of dkrueger or just path to his download section? You always mention it, but I never saw it.
edittedttddt Are you shure that ship didn't make a turn?? In that way causing 90 degrees to the left side?
Of course find it here first file::
http://hosted.filefront.com/DKruger

Yes i am sure that this ship did not turn. This picture was taken out of "Guntraining"-Mission and it is the C2 right in front of you.
That your "Artilleriefährpram" (yes a heavy word in German) has smoke, even ugly one, and my does not is mysterius. I have not an reply on that. The same ship in LSH3 has smoke as you see below:

Thats smoke as i understand ship funnel smoke.
Kind regards
Old 05-13-08, 10:15 AM   #98
asanovic7
Captain

Default another good day

Hello, a6intruder!
Thanks for the "ugly" In my opinion funnel smokes are better than in other mods, they should be darker. Not so to the bow, maybe alittle, but if I put it more to the bow, it would IMO look silly fire smokes lean less than funnel smokes, but I said I will check it out and I will. Maybe I will check the funnels for warships and merchants separate. And now about other things..
Ok, after some contemplation with angels and devils, I came to a conclusion that is actually another question..
Why are you showing me pics from lsh3?
This is racerboys mod for GWX 2.1 only. In GWX 2.1 I think all ships got smokes, BUT I will check the bloody(I'm not mad I just wanted to use it as an ozzie.. ) C2 but if I find it has smokes, I will be very dissapointed, Dewey like dissapointed..
Let me share my thoughts. I had a clean install of GWX on Sh3 and after I installed with jsgme and deinstalled about a million times one mod or the other, including for my testing, I think I will have to do a reinstall of sh3, GWX and everything else in certain point of time in the future. Maybe very soon. Now, those issues you are having may be happening because you are doing the same thing I mentioned above. In other words, planes shooting flares happened to me and you because of zones.cfg, but ship without smokes ain't, couldn't, shouldn't, wouldn't, won't and can't be happening to me and you on the same install.
Thanks for the dl path of dkrueger's mod. I will dl it when I will have the means and check it out, also.
Now I go to rest and to check the funnels.. :rotfl:
Old 05-13-08, 11:29 AM   #99
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Hello, a6intruder!
Thanks for the "ugly" In my opinion funnel smokes are better than in other mods, they should be darker. Not so to the bow, maybe alittle, but if I put it more to the bow, it would IMO look silly fire smokes lean less than funnel smokes, but I said I will check it out and I will. Maybe I will check the funnels for warships and merchants separate. And now about other things..
Ok, after some contemplation with angels and devils, I came to a conclusion that is actually another question..
Why are you showing me pics from lsh3?
This is racerboys mod for GWX 2.1 only. In GWX 2.1 I think all ships got smokes, BUT I will check the bloody(I'm not mad I just wanted to use it as an ozzie.. ) C2 but if I find it has smokes, I will be very dissapointed, Dewey like dissapointed..
Let me share my thoughts. I had a clean install of GWX on Sh3 and after I installed with jsgme and deinstalled about a million times one mod or the other, including for my testing, I think I will have to do a reinstall of sh3, GWX and everything else in certain point of time in the future. Maybe very soon. Now, those issues you are having may be happening because you are doing the same thing I mentioned above. In other words, planes shooting flares happened to me and you because of zones.cfg, but ship without smokes ain't, couldn't, shouldn't, wouldn't, won't and can't be happening to me and you on the same install.
Thanks for the dl path of dkrueger's mod. I will dl it when I will have the means and check it out, also.
Now I go to rest and to check the funnels.. :rotfl:
The reason why showing pics from LSH3 is quite easy: On LSH3 i have installed the DKrueger-Version and on GWX 2.1 yours. And to show you what i am talking about, i have to take some pics from LSH3.
I could not really follow you in fact of the C2. This ship has smoke as shown on pictures above but the matter was the direction of smoke. Try the Dkrueger-Version and you will get the same result like me.
Btw. the "ugly" ment the colour of smoke not the smoke itself.
You are right with the missing smoke. I will have an eye on it and report wenn i see it again. Up to now it happends only on the Artilleriefährpram. The other pictures, showing ships without smoke are from LSH3!! If i use the particles.dat, delivered with LSH3 everything is ok! But ugly and without the effects i love.
Kind regards
Old 05-13-08, 01:42 PM   #100
mengle
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 127

another question, i manually ad the mod in my GWX 2.1 and i didnt ad the sea folder with the EQP and Cam files , what do those files? becouse everything is working good.
mengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-08, 12:47 AM   #101
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengle
another question, i manually ad the mod in my GWX 2.1 and i didnt ad the sea folder with the EQP and Cam files , what do those files? becouse everything is working good.
I do not know what the cam-files do but the Eqp-files adds an "flares-gun" to the ships as you see below:

I took this screenie short after this "guy" wrecked the Bismarck.
Kind regards
Old 05-14-08, 05:12 AM   #102
asanovic7
Captain

Default First a reply!!!

Hello, a6intruder, could you please read any of the readmes I supplied with this mod. You were good at reporting first, but now you are lost in the wilderness of pain.

OK, here is an reply:

1. C2 WITHOUT SMOKE, artillerie without smoke - your installation of this mod, a6intruder is "lost in the wild", funnel means chimney, it stops when the ship stops. Every living ship in the gwx 2.1 has funnel smokes!!! Thats FINAL! :rotfl:

2. mengle, cam files from the sea folder,, are there because they add armament or additional weapon slots for ships. to the ships. The sounds and the starshell added to the ships are treated as a new weapon and so when you hear a horn from the ship your crew will say you are atacked.. Actually, if you add sound to the (described in the readmes "I WANT A SOUND ON A SHIP" and "I WANT A STARSHELL ON A SHIP") warship you will be atacked. With this new version 2.04D on th eother hand I altered sim files for some warships(or 90%) in sea folder to add them a different funnel smoke. Different from merchants..

3. STARSHELL, a6intruder you didn't try... How to use it is described in "I want a starshell gun" readme supplied with the mod!!!

3. a6intruderthe pic with those flares. As I explained lots of times. Effects in zones.cfg activate effects in particle.dat. One of them is splinter explosion, it activates the distress flare like you see on the pic. Because your ship had many splinter explosions, hence many flare, BUT only one will remain after a while. When I find out more about zones.cfg, I will hopefully eliminate those many flares.. THAT IS NOT STARSHELL GUN!!! :rotfl:

4. PLEASE a6intruder, if you find real bugs, report it. Please, don't bug me more with your installation issues or your pics from other big mods. This is a mod for GWX 2.1. It is as it is. I will not add more wind effect to the smokes because the wind affected smokes you are showing are silly to me. The WIND is not blowing all the time to 90 degrees to the port.
It's hard, but I am a bit annoyed, I apologize, BUT I feel I have to say this.

Everybody:
READ READMES!!!!
If you don't understand them then ask the questions, I will be more than happy to help.
Cheers!

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-14-08 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-14-08, 05:31 AM   #103
asanovic7
Captain

Default Version 2.04D

Smokes don't look so like each other this time, I hope...

Less flares, I hope..

If you look closely, you will see "litle if any" feature.

For now these are the only pics, I will supply with more in the future.. Especially for "little if any" feature..

"Little if any" feature are different funnel smokes for warships and merchants. I added that different funnel smoke to the warships from GWX2.1, some I left out.
NOTE: if you feel some warship doesn't "deserve" "little if any" feature, delete its folder from the 2.04d in sea folder..

If you want to add some warships to GWX 2.1 and you play it with this v204D and you like my "little if any" feature you can enable that funnel smokes for that ship this way:
1. INSTALL S3D 0.82
2. FIRST OPEN LET'S ATUG.sim from the sea folder in this mod.
3. follow this pics, you will figure it out

Then open the *.sim file of your new warship(WARSHIP!) and follow the steps(make backups if you like). This is, for example, aaab ship from AOTD shleuse aa ships with gwx 2.1 bugfix.

That's it! You have my funnels for warships!!!

For SBOOT mod:
There are some issues with SBOOT mod and the GWX 2.1. Not big but you may find it out of luck. But, you can try if this Racerboys mod v204c or v204c works with GWX 2.0. and then SBOOT won't have issues with gwx . Or you can find data/terrain folder in SBOOT mod and delete locations.cfg, that made SBOOT compatible to GWX 2.1 in my case:
The only thing you should do to make this racerboys mod for gwx 2.1 and s-boot compatible, is to open sboot's zones.cfg(located in data folder of his main folder), scroll to the bottom of that file where you will see this:

[Global Params]
CargoExplosionRange=15.0
;FuelExplosionRange=3.0
AmmoForceMultiplyer=1.5
;FuelExplosion=#oil_explosion
FuelForceMultiplyer=0.5
Armor Level Factor=4

Make it look like this, just erase the ; before oil_explosion:

[Global Params]
CargoExplosionRange=15.0
;FuelExplosionRange=3.0
AmmoForceMultiplyer=1.5
FuelExplosion=#oil_explosion
FuelForceMultiplyer=0.5
Armor Level Factor=4

That's it! Save the file and enable S-BOOT mod after this mod, racerboys sh4 for gwx 2.1.

Cheers!

Last edited by asanovic7; 05-14-08 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-14-08, 05:47 AM   #104
999-Jay-999
Loader

Downloads: 10

that mean another fine update is due soon asanovic7 ?
Old 05-14-08, 05:58 AM   #105
asanovic7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999-Jay-999
that mean another fine update is due soon asanovic7 ?
It's allready out, check out page 1 of this thread..
Version 2.04D..

p.s. thanks for that fine.
Cheers