SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-19, 02:40 AM   #1
lesrae
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Default Lobby Etiquette

A couple of questions...

I'm not much of an online player but keen to give it a try here - I'm more interested in driving the boat than fighting it btw.

Do we just assume that if a lobby is public then we're welcome to join in?

Is there a diary/calendar site/add-on/app that can be used to schedule games? Thinking further on this, is a shared google calendar (such as https://calendar.google.com/calendar...Z29vZ2xlLmNvbQ) enough or is there something better that could be done in the forums?

For instance I'm free weekend early mornings GMT/UTC for a pair of hours but rather than start a thread asking for players or just joining in, is there a central place to look for games or advertise availability?

Cheers

Last edited by lesrae; 03-23-19 at 02:55 AM.
lesrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-19, 08:42 AM   #2
ExFishermanBob
Difficulties Numbing

Downloads: 43

As it is a Steam game, it might be worth using steam 'friends' in some way, validating people via their presence on SubSim.

There is also a calendar, I now realise, on SubSim. That could be used (seems to only have birthdays at the moment).

On steam I am as here: ExFishermanBob (well, I am now!).
ExFishermanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-19, 08:44 AM   #3
RushTheBus
Engineer

Downloads: 211

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesrae View Post
A couple of questions...

I'm not much of an online player but keen to give it a try here - I'm more interested in driving the boat than fighting it btw.

Do we just assume that if a lobby is public then we're welcome to join in?

Is there a diary/calendar site/add-on/app that can be used to schedule games? Thinking further on this, is a shared google calendar (such as https://calendar.google.com/calendar...Z29vZ2xlLmNvbQ) enough or is there something better that could be done in the forums?

For instance I'm free weekend early mornings GMT/UTC for a pair of hours but rather than start a thread asking for players or just joining in, is there a central place to look for games or advertise availability?

Cheers

I think your best bet is to download Discord (www.discord.com) and hop on the official Wolfpack channel (linked in a thread above). There is tons of great conversation / help and plenty of pick-up games. Organized events are just starting to emerge amongst the community!
RushTheBus is offline   Reply With Quote