SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-14-17, 05:59 PM   #1
Spirit X
Swabbie

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default Blank Statcard on Windows 10 (Steam)??

Hi,

I'm searching for any possible solution to the blank statcard in DW, such as in the example screenshot in this post (scroll down to second screenshot). I've been through the threads about Windows 10 and tried the dll/ wrapper fix but doesn't make any difference sadly.

It's a very annoying bug but all I can find is people asking about it and no answers that I can see. I'm on the Steam version on Windows 10 and, apart from this bug, the game seems to run fine.

I'm also curious to know whether or not this bug appears in the non-Steam version because if not, I can just find a copy of the game hopefully.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Spirit X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 02:28 AM   #2
zero2005
Sailor man

Downloads: 105

I'm having the same situation. if anyone could shed some light on this it'd be much appreciated. not having that info is kind of a pain when trying to figure out which sensor a contact is coming from, how old that contact is.

other than that everything else seems to be mostly running OK. at first I was getting tons of errors and random crashes. now that i've dropped the wrapper dll it seems to be mostly going great, just no stats on the map.
zero2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 01:51 PM   #3
zero2005
Sailor man

Downloads: 105

Just wanted to give an update while I dig more into this. it seems to me from all the reports i've seen on this, the one common denominator besides windows 10 -- is AMD cards. If anyone else has this problem and can shed some light onto what video card you are running it'd be much appreciated to see if we can narrow it down to that.

it may also be an anti-aliasing issue? I read through a few readme's and the game OG readme mentions something about possible issues with AA and recommends to turn external AA off. Windows 10 also has a "text softening" feature to smooth out text, and I'm wondering if that may be one of the problems as well - though I thought it only applied to certain applications (not really sure)

the one workaround until we can get a fix, is you can get the stats by swapping to make the 3D camera in the F5 navmap screen "primary" - then the stats card should work. it's just annoying because then your map is small so if you are trying to get info while making map calculations you have to spend more time swapping back and forth. this doesn't fix the broken TMA for the perry however.. the only fix for that is to run Auto TMA it seems.
zero2005 is offline   Reply With Quote