SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-12-17, 08:51 AM   #361
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The fighting spirit or ,motivational attiotude amongst German soldiers is not that warrior-like as well. I sometimes mocked the Germans as aid workers who are armed for self defence and who join the armed forces to build schools, repair bridges and drill water holes in the third world, but there is some truth in that description. But that is not for the army, that is for the freedom corps, third world aid organisations, or anything. The German army of today does not see its primary role in fighting, and being a warrior is not what drives recruits to volunteer for the armed forces, many, if not most of them.

You know this funny movie, "300". There is this scene where the few Spartans meet other (more) Greeks, and when the Greeks ask why there are only so few of them Spartans, the king asks them in return what their profession is. The one says his profession is being a philosopher, the second says his profession is to farm the land, and so on. The king asks his own few men then what their profession is, and they shout uni sono "to kill, to kill, to kill!" The king smiles and tells the other Greek's group leader that it seems he has more warriors in place than the Greeks.

Just a movie, and a funny scene, but there is some truth in it. The motivation and soldier's spirit in western armies has been eroded by feminism, political correctness, and an attitude that puts rights over duties. This costs not only a lot of money, but leads to a reduction in efficiency of combat units with females in them, with injury rates amongst females being several times as high as amongst male soldiers, and de facto a privileged status of female soldiers, much to the - by order hidden - contempt of their male colleagues. The problem here is that the enemies we are up against, do not care for gender equality and political correctness. A German army that delays the delivery of its new infantry fighting vehicle due to riding in it may harm the forewater of pregnant female soldiers, has a very serious problem, I would say, and does not give me the impression of being mentally well-prepared for the brutality that war means, or having the needed focus and priorities. It is symptomatic that Ursual von der Leyen wants to meet the challenge of deterring or containing Russian aggression by making the barracks suitiable for children and single mothers, babbels of plans and ressources and intentions, demands German soldiers in battle to collect their shells and separate their garbage and the artillery shall use only biodegradable ammunitions. The Swedish defence ministress wants to counter Putin'S "macho-militarism" with a "feminstic foreign policy" and examplary ressource management. In America, a very capable military thinker like Gen. Patreus gets fired - and many other officers as well - because he maintains a relation with a woman that he knew already since almost 30 years. Isnt that his private stuff? We have a dramatic increase of the PTS industry, that declares more and more soldiers who are not stressed or traumatized at all, as affected by PTS, turning them into patients needing their professional - and costly - expertise, one even wanted to convince the Serbian forces, after the war in the nineties when they got a beating by NATO air power and had to endure quite some shelling, that they all suffered from PTS where the Serbian statistics showed that almost none of their forces suffered from that at all. There are as many things working to the negative, the inner eroding of combat spirit, the weakening of the Wetsern armies, that I cannot list them all in detail here. But really: the eroding fighting spirit, the soldier'S mental attitude, the civil disgust for what such men excel in, their ridiculing, and demanding them to behave in a more feminised, gender-correct, poltically correct way - all this takes away from the purprose of why armed forces are to be maintained in the first.

And this is why the Western armies since WWII have lost most of the military campaigns they ran, despite their technological superiority, against enemies with inferior equipment. The combat spirit leaves more and more to be desired. One cannot even get done with a loose band of lightly armed sheep shepards in the ME whose only advantage is that they are immune to PTS after they committed another massacre or cut off somebody's head. Instead the Germans in afghanistan at least in the past had a ROE forbidding them to shoot at the enmy when he started to withdraw. For heavens sake, have we all lost our senses?

George Orewell wrote: "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Once political correctness, gender-ideology, sexual bigottery, feminism, CO2-footprinting, and self-paralysing over all the worries and miseries in the world, are done with the armed forces, not many of these rough men will still be there, willing to serve as our guardians. And then help us God. There is a reason why the west has lost most major wars since WW2, and even has turned military victories by political means into wanted strategic defeats.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-12-17 at 09:38 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-17, 04:13 PM   #362
Skybird
Soaring

http://www.dw.com/en/airlines-swoop-...lin/a-40111787

Air Berlin
is dead.

In parts this is due to mismanagement of a megalomaniac leadership, but in parts also due to the state failure regarding the failed airport Brandenburg BER, which should have entered service already 2012, but already then would have been too small, and which was planned for by Air Berlin to become the new logistic centre of its traffic grid.

Its not the first casualty the failed airport has caused, but its the so far the biggest. The politicians now say optimistically that it will open late 2018. Non-involved external business professionals say not before 2020 - if ever. Growing numbers say indeed that whole thing needs to get levelled and rebuild from scratch.

Germany 2017 - land of perfectionism, high quality engineering and superior administration and organisation. Echoes from the past, not more.
Old 09-23-17, 11:53 AM   #363
Skybird
Soaring

The subjects are to legitimize the syndicate once again tomorrow. It is expected that the old will be the new godfather, hm, godmother as well.

The walking dead will stand in line tomorrow.

Germans,
do not legitimize gangster-parasites that you know will fail you, betray you, cheat you, lie to you, and plunder you. You see them doing it since decades, why do you think this time it will be different? You owe it to yourself to say No to them. If you legitimize them while knowing all this about them, you have no right afterwards to complain that they fail you, betray you, cheat you, and plunder you. You legitimized them to do so by voting them into office once again, so then shut the hell up for the coming next years: for you only got what you have given your permission to be done to you. Or what is your reason to assume that this time they will mean it honest and well?

Criticizing you only can if you have denied them. Not if you have legitimized them to do what you criticize them for.
Old 09-23-17, 12:38 PM   #364
Chuck U F4rley
Watch

Downloads: 2

So, I leave for a few years and when i come back this Skybird fellow I was reading posts from while I was lurking all those years ago is still spouting nonsense. What are you up to these days? Founding member of Münster's AFD chapter? *g*

Never mind, I'll see myself out. See ya in a few years...
Chuck U F4rley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 01:11 PM   #365
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Good bye, Chuck
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 01:39 PM   #366
daft
Captain

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I always thought the UK was the 'begging bowl' of Europe and much of the world but it would appear we are now facing stiffer competition.
You should see Sweden...
Old 09-23-17, 01:51 PM   #367
Skybird
Soaring

Do not think in terms of parties. Thats not what it is about. They want you to legitimise their system by which they establish their powers over you. And that is done by you already accepting to play by their rules of having elections, and you casting your voter - as if you would have any real choices there. You have none. Whether you vote for SPD, CDU or AfD or Greens - it means nothing. They are all the same antisocial parasites.

The existence of their mere caste is at the root of the problem. The servility of the subjects accepting to be commanded and plundered by them is at the root of the problem. The damn trust in state and politics is at the root of the problem. The rejection to learn the lessons from the past legislation periods is at the root of the problem. To repeat the same mistake of trusting the same system producing time and again the same kind of "politicians" is at the root of the problem. This is the reason why everybody of them tells you you should go voting, even if you have no clue of anything, have no competence whatever to assess complex issues like money and economy.

They let any clueless idiot cast his vote and tell him how importan he then should feel. That should tell you what your vote is worth in the real meaning of things!

If your voting choice would mean anything, they would not let you vote!

The party label you mark on the ballot, is irrelevant. That you give legitimation to the ruleset itself - that is what they want you to do. Their ruleset, by which they live, male their living, base their power on, form their life's plan on, claim powers and special rights for themselves, demands you to follow their commands.

You voters - you are like cattle being lead around by that ring through your nose. That is what you call your "freedom".

Victims and intended victims should deny to give the perpetrators moral alibis for their encroachments. Refuse to morally legitimate their crime. Don't vote. Claim back your self-responsibility and freedom. They are your natural birth right. Nobody can give them to you, for they have been with you frorm all beginning on. The question is only whether your allow others to withhold them from you, or not.
Old 09-23-17, 07:01 PM   #368
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I hear Skybird is looking forward to another fours yeas of Merkel.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 05:42 AM   #369
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

If I was a gambling man I'd put my money on Merkel but I doubt any bookmaker would lay me odds.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 12:24 PM   #370
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Germany election: Merkel wins fourth term, exit polls say
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41376577

Pain killers for Skybird after a few hours of this...

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-24-17, 12:45 PM   #371
Skybird
Soaring

After 35064 hours, to be precise.

Both CDU and SPD suffer serious losses, AfD is third strongest party. Merkel now can only form a coalition with the jocular so called Free Liberals and the Greens (a three party coalition called "Jamaika" over here), since the SPD said it does no longer want to get strangled in a coalition, and prefers to fold.

Reality made by Merkel has entered the Bundestag, the AfD is her Frankenstein creation, but the AfD will soon start to dissect itself: there are too many Alpha-narcissists in it.

There will be more people than ever in the Bundestag. More than 15% over the wanted limits.

An "even now" attitude is to be feared now to infest the Merkal party. They suffered heavy losses, and the SPD suffered a historicx all time low. The emssage that amny people do not want their political goals, will be met with stubborness of course: "Jetzt erst recht". It will be Merkels last term. She now can lose all inhibitions and sell out German interests carelessly in order too boost the EU. Those who voted for her, and - what is much more unfair and injust - those who did refuse to vote for her - will pay the bill she mounts. It is said she has ambitions to be rewarded with the Peace Nobel Prize, and after so many many misled nominations and so many abuses of Nobel'S intention , it does not matter anymore. She can take all of Germany and sell it away to bribe the world's sympathy for her ambition.

Final poll numbers tomorrow. Turn out was 75%. That means over 15 million of those who were eligible to vote, refused to do so, that is roughly as many as have voted for Merkel.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-24-17 at 01:04 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-17, 12:51 PM   #372
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
After 35064 hours, to be precise.
Jim and I know the feeling.

Merkel is an anagram for Putin.

Old 09-24-17, 01:08 PM   #373
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post

Merkel is an anagram for Putin.
Hardly. One can assume that from a foreiogn perspective, but nothign could be more wrong. Merkel seriously stood in Putin's way in the past years, and that he has neither forgotten, nor forgiven. Moscow wants to weaken the EU, so to widen its own in fluence, and for that goal, Merkel is an obstacle, no ally.

There seems to have been a big Russian bot-propaganda offensive running in social media in the past days, to help the AfD and to give Merkel headaches in the new Bundestag, and erode the fundaments of public political opinion forming in germany.

Macron voted into office, Merkel voted into office, the road is free for the coming 3 years. I am frightened of what france and Germany now maybe will start to pull off on EU level. Watch your money, Germans.You will have to pay for France' dreams of glory and shine.
Old 09-24-17, 01:15 PM   #374
STEED
Lucky Jack

Not actions Sky, in the terms how long she has held the position.

We have gone though four Prime Ministers.

Old 09-24-17, 01:19 PM   #375
Skybird
Soaring

Parallel to the generla election, the Berliners were asked to vote in a referendum as well, for or against leaving the airport of Tegel open. This is a hot issue, since the new BER airport is delayed by years due to incompetence, and is a total disaster, and already now is too small, not to mention there is still no realistic opening date.

It seems that 60% of the Berliners said they want Tegel to be left open. The legal situation is tricky. The referendum is not binding.