SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-02-17, 07:36 AM   #181
Gandalfi2005
Sailor man

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

I think i have found the answer my self. this means AN 1899. This is a grid.

Gruß
Gandalfi2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 08:08 AM   #182
JamesF0790
Swabbie

Downloads: 31

Alright, I know I am doing something terribly wrong somehow because the system obviously works but I sort of need a hand. For the first encrypted message in the campaign
Code:
Message1=BDU    1800/31/8/39    19  _||EQVI NXVG KFMN VHZJ ZFUD EMPW UPBQ PATK BWUW UGPC LFGW IXIY WAYV LUVX WKHV HSXG SCJX EQVI NXVG
I have tried it what seems like ten times with ten different results, all of them gibberish.

At first it was stupid mistakes like using the wrong date (1st Sep as opposed to 31st Aug) or putting in an O instead of a Q but I know for a fact the message is right now and I can not for the life of me understand what I'm doing wrong.

First thing I do is bring up the red envelopes and choose "Strom" From there I take EQVI NXVG, written down as
Code:
EQ
VI
NX
VG
And from that I get
Code:
KQ
HM
AS
IQ
Discarding the K gets me HAI as the Cipher identifier which duly shows up as Hydra.

Going to the Hydra settings I take the encryption date (The 31st of August) and from that, I get told to use the B reflector (locked in obviously) and the following wheels and settings
Beta 1 8 4
A S E N

Doing that I then do the plugboards as follows
Code:
15/22 13/3 9/26 1/17 2/10 12/21 20/6 16/25 19/24 4/18
using LJBH as the starting dial settings.

Typing in my encryption key (QMSQ) gets me GDAB which I then set the dials to and put in the message minus the EQVI NXVG which gives me the following gibberish

Code:
BTYZ PPAA VVNV UOHA QAGU IDNZ NVEG HLDO SLVR TPRH NVIM KKTC ZLZW SYVM PKRI
Can any kindly captain point me in the right direction where my mistake is because it's driving me around the bend.
JamesF0790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 09:03 AM   #183
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesF0790 View Post
Alright, I know I am doing something terribly wrong somehow because the system obviously works but I sort of need a hand. For the first encrypted message in the campaign
Code:
Message1=BDU    1800/31/8/39    19  _||EQVI NXVG KFMN VHZJ ZFUD EMPW UPBQ PATK BWUW UGPC LFGW IXIY WAYV LUVX WKHV HSXG SCJX EQVI NXVG
I have tried it what seems like ten times with ten different results, all of them gibberish.

At first it was stupid mistakes like using the wrong date (1st Sep as opposed to 31st Aug) or putting in an O instead of a Q but I know for a fact the message is right now and I can not for the life of me understand what I'm doing wrong.

First thing I do is bring up the red envelopes and choose "Strom" From there I take EQVI NXVG, written down as
Code:
EQ
VI
NX
VG
And from that I get
Code:
KQ
HM
AS
IQ
Discarding the K gets me HAI as the Cipher identifier which duly shows up as Hydra.

Going to the Hydra settings I take the encryption date (The 31st of August) and from that, I get told to use the B reflector (locked in obviously) and the following wheels and settings
Beta 1 8 4
A S E N

Doing that I then do the plugboards as follows
Code:
15/22 13/3 9/26 1/17 2/10 12/21 20/6 16/25 19/24 4/18
using LJBH as the starting dial settings.

Typing in my encryption key (QMSQ) gets me GDAB which I then set the dials to and put in the message minus the EQVI NXVG which gives me the following gibberish

Code:
BTYZ PPAA VVNV UOHA QAGU IDNZ NVEG HLDO SLVR TPRH NVIM KKTC ZLZW SYVM PKRI
Can any kindly captain point me in the right direction where my mistake is because it's driving me around the bend.
HI mate
you write :
"Typing in my encryption key (QMSQ) gets me GDAB which I then set the dials to and put in the message minus the EQVI NXVG which gives me the following gibberish"

You here wrong... rigth is GDGB Your work is all good i think you maybe just wrong type QMSQ maybe.
Old 03-06-17, 09:04 PM   #184
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Mate, that issue was fixed several updates ago...
I still see this issue. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
The first message I saw came on September 2, not encoded, and at the same time, the encoded message just below it in the radio message box.
This was after I had returned from a save on Sep 1 ish..

Could the save have done something?

Jeff
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 02:12 AM   #185
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscharpf View Post
The first message I saw came on September 2, not encoded, and at the same time, the encoded message just below it in the radio message box.

Jeff
I think I've only gotten one duplicate message around that time frame. After that first duplicate, I haven't seen any others ....just code. So it could be a bug for that message only...but IDK. Keep playing and see if it happens again.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 04:52 AM   #186
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscharpf View Post

Jeff
Treat it like "opening/training enigma message" of some sort...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 07:09 PM   #187
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294

Good point! I definitely need the training!
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 11:01 AM   #188
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Default Just for information....

Got a Coded Message via my Captains log and NOT my normal Messages. So be sure to check for those. Its an anomaly but it happened.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 01:36 PM   #189
Hotz Enplotz
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 34
Default Mousewheel issues

I generally understand how it works, but for some reason my mouse wheel does not change neither the code ring nor the date like it is described in the manual:

"To adjust the ring settings, place the code wheel in the face down position and use the mouse
wheel to set the corresponding letter"

I only have this problem with my mouse wheel when I'm operating the Enigma. It works fine in in every other situation in the game.
Does someone know what I am doing wrong?
I've been trying to get it going for a while now and looking forward to get this freaking message decoded.
Appreciate your help!
Hotz Enplotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 04:59 AM   #190
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

When the wheel internal letter is able to be changed it will be laying side view out of the machine. The letter will be inside the dark blue area with the three screws. The hover zone includes the dark metal ring but not the shiny metal ring with sprocket teeth. When you are done setting the internal letter and put it back in the machine there is no visible indication that anything has changed.

If your mouse wheel is not working maybe it is some weird mouse software. Sometimes they are making something other than the normal mouse wheel output to try to do something different with web browsers. At first I expected the outside of the wheels to look different.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 11:10 AM   #191
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard firsttime poster!

Hotz Enplotz! a trifle belated... pardon our poor manners!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 08:00 PM   #192
SgtGenDanbo
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 84

Hi all,

I seem to be having troubles with the mouse wheel as well. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if there is a fix for it? This is keeping me from being able to change the date or configuring the rotary wheels.

I've also noticed that the substitution table chart will not open when clicked, nor does the key tables envelope. Everything else seems to work fine. Apart from this my TWOS installion seems to be running flawlessly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, this is a brilliant mod so want to say thanks for adding to the game! I hope I will be able to use it in the future!
SgtGenDanbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 09:44 PM   #193
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard

SgtGenDanbo!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-19, 02:59 PM   #194
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

any1 has a stand alone version of this mod ????
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-19, 07:42 PM   #195
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Hi mate,

IIRC there has never been any version of this mod compatible with stock game or with any other UI mod than the version of TDW's New UI's modified by Vecko for TWoS.

Here is the first (and probably only) release version of the mod before it was merged in TWoS:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6k6ql..._TWoS.zip/file

Having those files, I think it can be make then compatible with any other UI mod, though it is not going to be a simple task if you are not used to working with UI files and Menu editor. If you want to try messing with them, you might try asking SkyBaron for permission (if you want to make your modifications of his mod public) and for suggestions
gap is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enigma, sh5