SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Fleet Boat Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #5911
propbeanie
CTD Überbringer
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 3,296
Downloads: 220
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Below is the itinerary for my current career.

1st Patrol
Base: Manila Bay
Command: Sargo class
Patrol Start: Dec 9, 1941
Base Change: Dec 24, 1941 Surabaya
Patrol Ends: Jan 10, 1942

2nd Patrol
Base: Surabaya
Command: Sargo class
Patrol Start: January 28, 1942
Patrol Ends: February 24, 1942

3rd Patrol
Command: Sargo class
Patrol Start: February 27, 1942
Base Change: February 28, 1942 Perth-Fremantle
Patrol Ends: April 8, 1942
New Command: Gar class

4th Patrol
Command: Gar class
Patrol Start: April 23, 1942
Base Change: April 23, 1942 Flotilla moved to Brisbane
Patrol Ends: June 24, 1942

... etc.

7th Patrol
Command: Gar Class
Patrol Starts: October 14, 1942
Patrol Ends: November 27, 1942
New Command: November 28, 1942 Balao Class
Transferred To Pearl Harbor

8th Patrol
Command: Balao class
Patrol Starts: December 17, 1942 Pearl Harbor
Patrol Ends: January 27, 1943


There you have the particulars of my current career, pb. Any other questions, please let me know.
As I suspected, getting the Gar and then being transferred to Brisbane... The Gar does not transfer out of Brisbane though, so you were transferred for the new boat account your excellent performance (as expected) as a submarine commander in the SH4 USN - and you're still at Pearl, correct?... It seems though that you should have gotten a Gato boat. I'm still searching other mods' threads for clues. Nothing obvious in FotRSU...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Ok, i've found the route cause, as mentioned above... Working on a fix now.
But his has also raised alarm bells on two other units. And these will also need to checked as they get hit..

NKMSS_Ada
NKMSS_Aden
I'll do me a little test mission and start shooting soon as I can manage! I will report back in a while (so long as I'm not terribly distracted by something else )!
__________________

propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:19 PM   #5912
s7rikeback
I break things
 
s7rikeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SH_data folder
Posts: 361
Downloads: 694
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
As I suspected, getting the Gar and then being transferred to Brisbane... The Gar does not transfer out of Brisbane though, so you were transferred for the new boat account your excellent performance (as expected) as a submarine commander in the SH4 USN - and you're still at Pearl, correct?... It seems though that you should have gotten a Gato boat. I'm still searching other mods' threads for clues. Nothing obvious in FotRSU...


I'll do me a little test mission and start shooting soon as I can manage! I will report back in a while (so long as I'm not terribly distracted by something else )!

Running first test now for damage issues...
__________________


Desktop: Windows 10 64 bit | Intel Core i7 7700 3.6GHz | 16.0GB HyperX® FURY RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
s7rikeback is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:51 AM   #5913
CapnScurvy
General Nuisance
 
CapnScurvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 2,387
Downloads: 462
Uploads: 64


Default

Guys, when adding units to the game.......you need to follow the stock game in ALL aspects. Become familiar with the Stock game units and do the same thing as they did (linking each part to their counter parts within ALL files).

This is one of the issues we've encountered when using "other modders" units. They don't have things correctly "linked", and we end up suffering the consequence in thinking their work is correct.
__________________


The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:08 AM   #5914
Koinonos
Gunner
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 94
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Nuke Bug in Passive sonar ability of Japanese merchants and destroyers

I decided to give this excellent megamod a try and found it is excellent except for one area - the enemy can detect me passively way too easy.

With no other mods other then this one, I can be submerged, silent running, full stop, and no periscope raised. And I have an excellent track on a merchant that will cross 400 yards in front of me perpendicularly, and 75% of the time as soon as they approach to withing 400 yards they will detect me and start to swerve.

If I reload a save and repeat they will detect me passively 3 times out of 4 when the ships approach to within 400 yards. How is this possible when I am making no noise and am completely submerged? How can a mere merchant cruising at 11 knots detect a sub sitting completely still underwater making no noise and doing nothing?

This can happen in clear seas or rough. I am a hole in the water with no noise. In fact this just happened with a couple of destroyers in the middle of the ocean. Again I am hole in the water (full stop, silent running, no periscope, etc.) about 1000 yards from their crossing in front of me and all of a sudden I am detected again with passive sonar, there is no active sonar at all.

Troubleshooting:
  1. If I load up Silent Hunter 3 with the Grey Wolves mod if I am a hole in the water neither merchants or destroyers can detect me passively.
  2. If I load up Silent Hunter 5 with the Wolves of Steel again if I set up properly and am a hole in the water no detection ever passively.
  3. If I unload this mod and play Silent Hunter 4 stock and am a hole in the water there is no detection ever passively by destroyers or merchants.

Any suggestions of what to try to mitigate this? I have a save game of this if you want to reproduce this. If I am making noise, on the surface of course I expect detection, but not passively when I am a hole in the water with no periscope even raised.

Is this a overzealous detection in Sim.cfg? Looking forward to adjusting this so that the game is fair and not immersion breaking by having super powers.

Kind Regards,
Koinonos
Koinonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:33 AM   #5915
CapnScurvy
General Nuisance
 
CapnScurvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 2,387
Downloads: 462
Uploads: 64


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koinonos View Post
I decided to give this excellent megamod a try and found it is excellent except for one area - the enemy can detect me passively way too easy.

With no other mods other then this one, I can be submerged, silent running, full stop, and no periscope raised. And I have an excellent track on a merchant that will cross 400 yards in front of me perpendicularly, and 75% of the time as soon as they approach to withing 400 yards they will detect me and start to swerve.

If I reload a save and repeat they will detect me passively 3 times out of 4 when the ships approach to within 400 yards. How is this possible when I am making no noise and am completely submerged? How can a mere merchant cruising at 11 knots detect a sub sitting completely still underwater making no noise and doing nothing?

This can happen in clear seas or rough. I am a hole in the water with no noise. In fact this just happened with a couple of destroyers in the middle of the ocean. Again I am hole in the water (full stop, silent running, no periscope, etc.) about 1000 yards from their crossing in front of me and all of a sudden I am detected again with passive sonar, there is no active sonar at all.

Troubleshooting:
  1. If I load up Silent Hunter 3 with the Grey Wolves mod if I am a hole in the water neither merchants or destroyers can detect me passively.
  2. If I load up Silent Hunter 5 with the Wolves of Steel again if I set up properly and am a hole in the water no detection ever passively.
  3. If I unload this mod and play Silent Hunter 4 stock and am a hole in the water there is no detection ever passively by destroyers or merchants.

Any suggestions of what to try to mitigate this? I have a save game of this if you want to reproduce this. If I am making noise, on the surface of course I expect detection, but not passively when I am a hole in the water with no periscope even raised.

Looking forward to adjusting this so that the game is fair and not immersion breaking by having super powers.

Kind Regards,
Koinonos
"Looking forward to adjusting this so that the game is fair and not immersion breaking by having super powers."

We are too!!

Our attention has been on making the numerous ship/plane units that Ultimate has, to "render" as expected (in both capabilities and modeling). Since many are new to the SH4 game, there's been a huge amount of work to get these additions in-game correctly (many are derivatives from SHIII, some are brand new units).

But believe me, the mods AI capabilities will be adjusted!!

I posted in this thread...."Historicly accurate AI ASW capabilities..." in regards to this very plan of ours, and will be implementing it as time and progress allows.
__________________


The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2018 Subsim