Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-14-06, 08:36 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default SBP-PE wins I/ITSEC Serious Games Challenge Public Choice Award

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boa...;f=38;t=000988
Quote:
In a surprising tie vote, software developer eSim Games, LLC shared first place for the People' Choice Award of the Serious Games Challenge during this year's I/ITSEC Exhibition and Conference. eSim Games presented the Steel Beasts Professional virtual simulation for crew, crew procedure, and tactical training of mechanized forces of up to battalion level. The I/ITSEC visitors cast their vote for a mature training solution that addresses many everyday challenges in training and education of AFV crews and junior leaders.
http://www.iitsec.org/

Quote:
The Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) promotes cooperation among the Armed Services, Industry, Academia and various Government agencies in pursuit of improved training and education programs, identification of common training issues and development of multiservice programs.
Initiated in 1966 as the Naval Training Device Center/Industry Conference, the conference has evolved and expanded through increased participation by the Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and Industry.
In 1979 it became known as the Interservice/Industry Training Equipment Conference. The Services have steadily evolved toward a total systems philosophy in the acquisition of training equipment and training delivery systems.
In 1986 the Conference name was further refined to the Interservice/Industry Training Systems Conference (I/ITSC) to recognize the increased importance of Manpower, Personnel, and Training aspects in the systems acquisition process.
In 1992 the name was further changed to the Interservice/Industry Training Systems and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) to reflect the consolidation of the Manpower and Training Committee (MTC) and the Technology and Innovations in Training and Education (TITE) Conference with I/ITSEC. This change emphasizes the importance of education and the man-machine interface in meeting force-training requirements through simulation training.
In 1997, to reflect continued growth and changes in the industry, the conference name was refined to the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC).
http://sgschallenge.ist.ucf.edu/index.aspx

Last edited by Skybird; 12-15-06 at 06:59 AM.