SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-04-17, 03:50 PM   #1
Chris21
Nub

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0
Default Need some help

Hey everyone! I have been trying to solve this issue for the last 9 hours. Here's what happened, i had downloaded SH3 and got the GWX3.0 Gold, then downloaded OLC MkIId Gold. And if anyone watches tailmange here, i downloaded all the mods he was running because i liked the setup. Everything worked great. i also had a mod that allowed me to use the XXIII submarine and when enabled it took the place of the XXI sub and when disabled the XXI returned to normal. That worked for a very long time with no issues. and i had everything setup the way i wanted, however 4 days ago when i went to disable the XXIII mod in JSGME it disabled but when i went to the game to play the XXI sub it was showing the XXIII submarine. So after trying to disable it to no aval i wiped all my SH3 files from my computer and tried to reinstall everything and after i did that. It still shows the XXIII sub when i click on the XXI icon. Also in single missions when you click the XXI it will give a error saying "not enough officers". If i try and play career anyway (even though its showing the XXIII) it will just crash. Ive uninstalled everything and reinstalled several times, and im really at my wits end. Any input would help alot. Thanks in advance -Chris
Chris21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 02:48 AM   #2
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

can you show us your modlist?

Go in jgsme press on blue letters task when export activated activated mod list and copy paste it here

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 07:27 AM   #3
Chris21
Nub

Downloads: 36

I am clicking the blue "tasks..." then i click "export activated mods list" then i get a pop up saying "a list of your activated mods has been saved to the MODS folder, click ok to view" i click ok and then get a error message saying "cannot find the C:\program files(x86)\ubisoft\silenthunterIII\mods\activated mods list.txt file. do you want to create a new file? " i click yes and nothing happens, it just takes me to a blank notepad screen. all i have downloaded is the GWX3.0 Gold and all the mods it comes with in the JSGME download
Chris21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 08:43 AM   #4
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21 View Post
i have downloaded is the GWX3.0 Gold and all the mods it comes with in the JSGME download
Have you insanely installed all the mods?

The JSGME.ini file of your MODS folder contains all the activation information. Open it with a notebook.
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-17, 09:02 AM   #5
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21 View Post
I am clicking the blue "tasks..." then i click "export activated mods list" then i get a pop up saying "a list of your activated mods has been saved to the MODS folder, click ok to view" i click ok and then get a error message saying "cannot find the C:\program files(x86)\ubisoft\silenthunterIII\mods\activated mods list.txt file. do you want to create a new file? " i click yes and nothing happens, it just takes me to a blank notepad screen. all i have downloaded is the GWX3.0 Gold and all the mods it comes with in the JSGME download
There is your first problem. You've installed the game to the program files (x86) folder. That is a protected folder and many older games and other software will be prevented from writing to it by Windows.

As painful as it may be, you may want to consider complete uninstall and then reinstall to a different folder.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help needed, help needed badly, mod issue