SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DARPA Game – “ACTUV Tactics”
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-27-11, 01:09 PM   #16
NoJoe
Swabbie

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorSub View Post
I finally finished a mission 4, with Seahorse. No actual plane shows up. If you have completed the 30 and 60 minute tasks successfully ( check Mission Status) and are maintaining contact light constant on, haven't chased a decoy, or allowed the sub to dip under your sonar depth ; you get a radio/text message before 0912 telling you good work, and back off 1000 yards or more, and await word on the torpedo drop. The sub & its companion surface vessel then may try to close range. About 0914 or later the mission ends itself. The screen goes black. The submit screen shows and tells you the score, and reading down you find that the SSW was destroyed successfully. Until then the mission status read unsuccessful on target destruction. I guess they want to keep the user in suspense.

If the drop cannot be completed, you hear a verbal radio transmission that tells you to end the mission about 0914. The game will keep playing. On my system, I had to turn down the music, turn up voice response in the options, and turn up the knob on my speaker to hear the various radio voice transmissions.

Hope this helps. You will eventually succeed, keep trying and don't give up the ship!
Hmm, thanks for the response! I guess I'll get back out there and track that sub some more!

--NoJoe
NoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 09:02 PM   #17
TerminatorSub
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Default Freighter Collision Bug

In mission 4, I was able to destroy the pursuing hostile freighter.

I maneuvered with a sharp turn across the bow of an oncoming ship to his port side using my simple avoidance maneuver table. The pursuing freighter went to his starboard and turned behind him. I was piloting the Triton. I hung close off the port side and turned around to scan for the SSK.

For some reason the pursuer plowed into the back of the freighter. Their icons merged on the radar screen and he disappeared. The freighter stayed on screen, chugging along merrily as if nothing happened.

Curiously the SSK came to periscope depth and I picked him up on radar. This made the end game a lot easier. I just at there backing up and maintained distance. The SSK headed towards the pursuing vessel's last location.

The bug seemed to be that the pursuing vessel did not appear to have visual or any other clue of how to avoid the freighter, and the freighter stayed on screen after the ramming incident.

Unfortunately the file did not upload successfully. My best score too.

Possible reasons for fail on upload:
  1. I type my password wrong
  2. The simulation file is too big
  3. The server is overloaded or times out
TerminatorSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 06:30 PM   #18
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

I haven't experienced any bugs in game play yet but the mission report almost never loads up correctly. I would say 4 out of 5 times I get the message at the end that the transmission was "unsuccessful". I always get a radio message in mission # 4 that the P8 is going to attack soon and that I should back off more than a 1,000 yard but the P8 never shows up...??? I have only used the Triton so far.
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-11, 12:41 PM   #19
BlueSwords
Nub

Default Same here

I've been getting the same "transmission unsuccessful. Try again later" message too. I've tried different computers and different internet providers with the same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido View Post
I haven't experienced any bugs in game play yet but the mission report almost never loads up correctly. I would say 4 out of 5 times I get the message at the end that the transmission was "unsuccessful". I always get a radio message in mission # 4 that the P8 is going to attack soon and that I should back off more than a 1,000 yard but the P8 never shows up...??? I have only used the Triton so far.
BlueSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-11, 01:41 PM   #20
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwords View Post
I've been getting the same "transmission unsuccessful. Try again later" message too. I've tried different computers and different internet providers with the same result.

Maybe they finished their studies and just packed up and forgot to tell anybody.
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-11, 11:16 AM   #21
Frying Tiger
Sonalysts Man

We're still waiting to hear when the official end of the project is. We'll let you know when we know.

"the atom-powered submarine: Her engines were to be a miracle of speed and power, her sides strong enough to withstand any blow... The mind of man had thought of everything - except that which was beyond his comprehension!"
Frying Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote