SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-21-10, 03:04 PM   #61
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by conus00 View Post
...but I need to know which ini file handles the loading screens (files in \Data\Menu\Loading like Intro.tga, Map.tga, museum.tga etc)?
Loading screens are not handled by ini files, the pos/scale of these screens are hardcoded. I'm working on a next release of the dll, which possibly can handle this for other res than 1024/768
Old 04-21-10, 06:44 PM   #62
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166

Great!
I will continue following this thread with great interest.
Old 04-21-10, 07:45 PM   #63
Shandiir
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

rolling back drivers, thanks guys will see how it goes!
Old 04-21-10, 08:59 PM   #64
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeadler View Post
Loading screens are not handled by ini files, the pos/scale of these screens are hardcoded. I'm working on a next release of the dll, which possibly can handle this for other res than 1024/768
WOW!! I hope that works out! Though I still have the problem with the images being squashed vertically, I think this has to do with setting the monitor as Analog rather than Digital!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 01:20 AM   #65
Shandiir
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I used the drivers you mentioned with the Nvidia settings. But still unable to get the 3d engine to work
Old 04-22-10, 05:53 AM   #66
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandiir View Post
I used the drivers you mentioned with the Nvidia settings. But still unable to get the 3d engine to work
What are your settings?

screen res = ?
refresh rate = ?
native monitor res = ?
Old 04-24-10, 10:04 AM   #67
conus00
Grey Wolf

Guys,
I have a question for you: I'm trying to run the game on Nvidia 9600GT and everything works fine in 1360x768 except the game runs in the center of my 32" monitor with black borders all around. I have no problem with this but I'm curious if there is a way to stretch it across whole monitor.
My native resolution is 1920x1080.

I'm not sure if it's caused by the .dll written specifically for 1360x768 or if I can somehow change it in Nvidia control panel?

Thanks!
Old 04-24-10, 11:59 PM   #68
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Guys,
I have a question for you: I'm trying to run the game on Nvidia 9600GT and everything works fine in 1360x768 except the game runs in the center of my 32" monitor with black borders all around. I have no problem with this but I'm curious if there is a way to stretch it across whole monitor.
My native resolution is 1920x1080.

I'm not sure if it's caused by the .dll written specifically for 1360x768 or if I can somehow change it in Nvidia control panel?

Thanks!
Try your monitor settings rather than your card!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 10:33 AM   #69
conus00
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Try your monitor settings rather than your card!
^ Bingo!
Seeadler actually gave me a nudge in the right direction when I found out that the nVidia panel had the scaling "greyed out". My monitor (I'm actually using 32" SONY Bravia XBR9) has setting "Full pixel" and "Full".
"Full" stretches the 1360x768 on the whole screen!
Wooo-hoooo! SH3 here I came back....
Old 04-27-10, 12:04 AM   #70
conus00
Grey Wolf

I really like this new interface but I have noticed a small problem. The pull-out stopwatch's hands positions are not correct.

I would like to make the stopwatch "pull-out" like the TDC in Attack Map and correct the hand's placement.
Would you mind to point me to the right direction in menu_1024_768.ini?

Thanks!
Old 04-27-10, 06:54 AM   #71
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

Quote:
I really like this new interface but I have noticed a small problem. The pull-out stopwatch's hands positions are not correct.

I would like to make the stopwatch "pull-out" like the TDC in Attack Map and correct the hand's placement.

Thanks!
Quite new to modding myself, but for what it's worth:

It looks like the image for the stopwatch is cut off on the right side. I don't know if there's a problem with the image itself, or if it can be corrected by changing the size within menu ini.

You could start by viewing the thumbnails of .tga files and locate that image within the mod. Then search for the name of that image in the menu ini file. Short of correcting it that way, there's a dials.cfg file which handles the positioning and scaling for the dials (hands).

Good luck!

Flopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 09:11 AM   #72
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:

Thanks!
This interface is just this: a basic but usefull interface (is the one that I like more in truth; this is the one that i use). In my game the stopwatch is corrected in position and in size. ( far right start position). Perhaps I made some mistake when porting it for GWX3.0/Sh3 stock... What version are you using? Anyway here in both versions the stopwatch is working correctly.

You can follow Flopper directions fo find the stopwatch references on the files. IIRC just the menu_1024 and the tga itself is needed to fix this, if any fix is really necessary.

(I'm out of Sh3 mod work (even without access to my home computer) since some weeks by RL heavy duties. I will return to it in a month ahead.)

But tell me, how is the WS mod working for you? Is your monitor rescaling it correctly? And the image quality is good anyway?

Cheers,

Rubini.
Old 04-27-10, 09:27 AM   #73
Stronghold
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post

But tell me, how is the WS mod working for you? Is your monitor rescaling it correctly? And the image quality is good anyway?

Cheers,

Rubini.
I know that I am not the one you were asking about the way WS mod is working, but I can give you some reference as well: In the first place, I am using GWX version. When I change my resolution to 1360X768 it's fine. My monitor is rescaling correctly, but only when I change my monitor resolution. The image quality is OK, as OK it can be considering the 1360 X 768 resolution. I can even use Windows key to exit and enter from and back into the game. The sky halo is also visible, one thing that wasn't in GWX 4:3 stock and the lens effect on external camera is great. But one thing that is annoying is the right side of the screen mouse trails. I wonder if the right side of the screen will be "filled" for all the screens, not only for the Attack and Navigation map. That would be really awesome. Anyway, this is the greatest SH3 mod this year so far, considering the disappointment SH5 has brought to some of us.
I am using Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 1024GB, 22 inch Acer P223W, VGA connectivity with a VGA to DVI adapter, on a native resolution of 1680X1050, with no option of scaling in ATI Catalyst Control Center (10.3).

Last edited by Stronghold; 04-27-10 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-27-10, 10:26 AM   #74
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghold View Post
I know that I am not the one you were asking about the way WS mod is working, but I can give you some reference as well: In the first place, I am using GWX version. When I change my resolution to 1360X768 it's fine. My monitor is rescaling correctly, but only when I change my monitor resolution. The image quality is OK, as OK it can be considering the 1360 X 768 resolution. I can even use Windows key to exit and enter from and back into the game. The sky halo is also visible, one thing that wasn't in GWX 4:3 stock and the lens effect on external camera is great. But one thing that is annoying is the right side of the screen mouse trails. I wonder if the right side of the screen will be "filled" for all the screens, not only for the Attack and Navigation map. That would be really awesome. Anyway, this is the greatest SH3 mod this year so far, considering the disappointment SH5 has brought to some of us.
I am using Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 1024GB, 22 inch Acer P223W, VGA connectivity with a VGA to DVI adapter, on a native resolution of 1680X1050, with no option of scaling in ATI Catalyst Control Center (10.3).
Thanks by the feedback mate!
The way you describe how you use it and yours results is the way the mod was made and intent to. I mean, the idea is that ppl that have monitors with native resolutions more than 1360x768 just let the monitor itself rescale it and it's ready to run.

The mouse trail on right side on some screens were left there intentionaly, as they don't affect the game in any way. Indeed, it's very easy to fix, just add the right tga (black effect, wood effect or any other that you like) for each screen that yet don't have it as described on the readme and so on. For me isn't really necessary because they don't affect the game as i said. But will be good if someone could just finish it.
Old 04-27-10, 10:39 AM   #75
Stronghold
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Thanks by the feedback mate!
The way you describe how you use it and yours results is the way the mod was made and intent to. I mean, the idea is that ppl that have monitors with native resolutions more than 1360x768 just let the monitor itself rescale it and it's ready to run.

The mouse trail on right side on some screens were left there intentionaly, as they don't affect the game in any way. Indeed, it's very easy to fix, just add the right tga (black effect, wood effect or any other that you like) for each screen that yet don't have it as described on the readme and so on. For me isn't really necessary because they don't affect the game as i said. But will be good if someone could just finish it.
Black or wood effect would be great, the same way you've implemented those to Attack Periscope, Observation Periscope, Binoculars Navigation Map and Attack Map. If I am not wrong, Crew/Damage management and Orders pages are the only ones that causes mouse trails on the right side of the screen. I would really like to "solve" those problems, but I don't have any experience in modding. Hands placement of the stopwatch are wrong in my game as well, I forgot to tell you that. Like you've said, I really hope myself as well that someday somebody will fix or fill right side of Crew/Damage management and Orders pages.