SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-19, 06:47 AM   #166
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Ouch! I feel your pain on that! It is not only expensive sometimes, but can be a time-eater, and ~very~ inconvenient. No one was hurt, hopefully?
No one hurt by chance, but the guy who turned suddenly without any warnings right in front of me escaped
Probably not even insured...who knows nowadays.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-19, 06:53 AM   #167
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

That sounds all-too familiar in today's "modern" world, eh? Take off and escape blame. Sorry about that too. The part I don't like about that here in the US, is you would be the one "responsible" for the damages to your own car then, have to pay a deductible for repairs, and then they put a "mark" on your insurance coverage, and that stays there for three years, possibly with a surcharge, depending upon the insurance coverage used you've been paying for...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-19, 07:50 AM   #168
Fifi
Navy Seal

Same here in France...i’ll Have to pay for my car, but not for the one of the poor old lady i hitted, trying to avoid the accident
Well, that’s life. 26 years without any accident until 2 days ago...
Old 06-24-19, 12:20 PM   #169
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

Dashcams are usefull in these cases. In Lithuania if you run away from car incident you get 3k euro fine. And thats a lot then average wage is 720 eur. BTW what car were you riding?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-19, 12:23 PM   #170
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Dashcams are usefull in these cases. In Lithuania if you run away from car incident you get 3k euro fine. And thats a lot then average wage is 720 eur. BTW what car were you riding?
My Porsche...

Turm of VIID is almost done...after i’ll Do the hull, and i think i’ll Take the same hull as the VIIC41 from KSD.
Old 06-24-19, 12:38 PM   #171
Niume
Sea Lord

Maybe we could skip the modern Type XXI AND XXIII? They were introduced in very late war around 1945. So not many players will play it. Can't wait to try out new U-boats

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Last edited by Niume; 06-24-19 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-24-19, 04:03 PM   #172
Geoff then
Gunner

Downloads: 63
Icon14

Just wait for it. Let him finish.
I am also very excited though. Fixed om AND nice models? 😍
Old 06-25-19, 07:42 AM   #173
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Fifi
Apologies for spamming your thread I just wanted to make a point here to add to what has already been posted.
If all vehicle manufacturers fitted dash cams automatically from the factory as a standard feature you would see insurance premiums being reduced.
Deliberate insurance fraudulent claims would also be reduced including claims for injuries supposedly having happened.

The buyer could pay extra for a top of the range dash cam which could be chosen from the manufactures brochure at the time of ordering the vehicle if they preferred an upgrade.
The advantage, no hanging wires and wired into the vehicles electrical system.
The cost to buyer would not be that much of an added expense as the vehicle manufacturer would already be ready be setup to do this.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 09:35 AM   #174
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Same here in France...i’ll Have to pay for my car, but not for the one of the poor old lady i hitted, trying to avoid the accident
Well, that’s life. 26 years without any accident until 2 days ago...
AS AN OL' LONG HAUL TRUCKER: "NUTHIN' GOOD LASTS FOREVER" GLAD YOUR NOT HURT WE NEED YOU ALIVE ON THIS FORUM!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 09:43 AM   #175
Fifi
Navy Seal

Thanks guys, that’s « only » car parts hopefully, no one hurt...and still working on the last VII type
Old 06-25-19, 10:59 AM   #176
Fifi
Navy Seal

VIID mine layer first tests

Still few adjustments to be done...
Old 06-26-19, 07:46 AM   #177
Niume
Sea Lord

I remember traveller did a lot of neat things to Op Munson.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3832
It may help you, by serving as a guidance i am not sure if it's compatible with OMEGU tho. He fixed alot of in base campaign messages.

This is the most intresting part in his changelog.

Added my More Frequent Weather Changes v1.1 mod. Makes weather change more quickly. Especially effective at lower time compression speeds of 256x-512x

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 06-26-19, 08:37 AM   #178
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
I remember traveller did a lot of neat things to Op Munson.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3832
It may help you, by serving as a guidance i am not sure if it's compatible with OMEGU tho. He fixed alot of in base campaign messages.

This is the most intresting part in his changelog.

Added my More Frequent Weather Changes v1.1 mod. Makes weather change more quickly. Especially effective at lower time compression speeds of 256x-512x
Yes, some of Traveller content was already added in first part of my compilation.
Only what was compatible.
The rest isn’t compatible, i’m Afraid.
Old 06-27-19, 03:17 AM   #179
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151

Hello all, i have a slightly OT question (OT in that its more related to OM than it is to this mod):

¿Does anyone know if it is possible to undo the changes OM does to the "battlestations" and "Man the deck/flak guns" commands?

And if so, can you point me in the right direction? i know how to use S3Editor (a little bit hehe), and i created a few small mods for SH3.

I absolutely hate having to go to the crew management screen and drag guys from other places to the gun slots. Plus these changes effectively renders the man the guns / battlestations completely useless (imho at least).

It would be a lot easier to just hit those buttons and have them do what they are supposed to do.
Id be happy to do these changes myself (and share them with anyone interested) if possible, but i dont knwo where to look.
Would really appreciate a push in the right direction.

Thanks
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-19, 03:55 AM   #180
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
Hello all, i have a slightly OT question (OT in that its more related to OM than it is to this mod):

¿Does anyone know if it is possible to undo the changes OM does to the "battlestations" and "Man the deck/flak guns" commands?

And if so, can you point me in the right direction? i know how to use S3Editor (a little bit hehe), and i created a few small mods for SH3.

I absolutely hate having to go to the crew management screen and drag guys from other places to the gun slots. Plus these changes effectively renders the man the guns / battlestations completely useless (imho at least).

It would be a lot easier to just hit those buttons and have them do what they are supposed to do.
Id be happy to do these changes myself (and share them with anyone interested) if possible, but i dont knwo where to look.
Would really appreciate a push in the right direction.

Thanks
I never thought about that because i always enlist enough men at bunker start to fill all the guns...and then i have only to call them either with battlestations or man the gun

To protect them from depth charges, i just have to move them to berth slots (as required by Lurker)

Honestly i don’t think such mod would be necessary my friend, but if you want to do it anyway...
No need of S3Editor for that, crew men are in other UPCGE files —-> do it at your own risk of a mess! (I won’t do it anyway)