SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-31-14, 11:57 AM   #61
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Hi guys,
At first excuse me by bad english ... is frequently difficult to me to say exactly what I intend...

If I understood well, looking at what Leitender said, seems that isnīt necessary any script work.

Anyway yesterday at night I took a look at the sh3 commands one more time and it not have a direct course order - itīs just possible by dial click.
IIRC, the awesome Sh3 voice commander mod have made a successful work on dial clicks, so the idea is really plausible.

Autohotkey can simulate mouse clicks&mouse movement but itīs a bit complex and resolution&GUI dependent to work correctly in this case.

@JeromeHeretic:
I never released the sh3 script because I yet work on it . I have more two updates never released and it have now more than 1000 lines of code, uboat files modifications for new 3d effects and career final fate effects.
It becomes very complex and is always very hard to any modder to adjust a mod for all sh3 GUI&files variations that we have. I have not more the necessary free time. Perhaps one day...
Old 07-31-14, 03:36 PM   #62
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Hi guys,
At first excuse me by bad english ... is frequently difficult to me to say exactly what I intend...

If I understood well, looking at what Leitender said, seems that isnīt necessary any script work.

Anyway yesterday at night I took a look at the sh3 commands one more time and it not have a direct course order - itīs just possible by dial click.
IIRC, the awesome Sh3 voice commander mod have made a successful work on dial clicks, so the idea is really plausible.

Autohotkey can simulate mouse clicks&mouse movement but itīs a bit complex and resolution&GUI dependent to work correctly in this case.
It's more than plausible. A while back, I used AutoIT to create a patrol script for SH3. It takes the sub on a zigzag course with dives for hydrophone checks every 2 hours. This involves course changes and dives to 30m, or 20m in shallow areas. The mouse-click depth setting worked fine. Unfortunately the keyboard capture from AutoIT got overridden by the keyboard handler from SH3Speech. I would rather have voice command than automation, so out went AutoIT scripts. But it certainly is feasible.

I see where you are headed with the Wandering Helmsman idea, which injects a random uncertainty in sub position that increases over time. This could be used in a very simple Real Nav function. But I would like to be able to do Real Nav the way it is done in SH5. There, as in RL, the navigator makes a sighting every 6 hours (conditions permitting) and gives the skipper an estimated position. I don't have a problem calculating my own position, but that was what the navigator was supposed to do, not the skipper. If I turn off sub position on the chart, do you know of any way to determine the true position of the boat?
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 08:56 AM   #63
ferg
Watch

Downloads: 148

I love the idea of this mod. I really would like to use it, but Pause does nothing while I'm in Silent Hunter III.

Alt-Pause and and Ctrl-Alt-Pause both work as described, but Pause isn't detected by the script. If I press it from my Windows 10 desktop, Pause works fine and the script sends its key presses.

This is an old thread, but I am hopeful that someone will help me get this working. Any suggestions appreciated.
ferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 10:56 AM   #64
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14

A very cool mod resurfacing !

That's this kind of mod I always wanted !

Old 08-09-17, 03:12 AM   #65
ferg
Watch

Downloads: 148

I solved my problem. It turns out it was caused by SH3 running with administrator privileges. Windows was blocking it because AutoHotkey wasn't elevated. Running the script as administrator solved the problem.

ferg is offline   Reply With Quote