SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-20-19, 03:44 AM   #1
Deano1956
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default Mod questions

G'day,

Happy to say that the Wolves mod has made the game playable for me, what a revelation!! Fantastic work from all those involved.

I started downloading individual mods and installed a few through the generic mod thingo. Then I saw Sober's Mega mod. Downloaded this and exctracted it to the SH5 folder on my pc. This is not located in C but in another drive.

When I opened the Generic Patch installer none of the Sober's mods were visible, just the individual one's i'd downloaded.

I couldn't find the Generic Patch installer under SH5 to extract Sober's mods to so just extracted them to the SH5 folder.

However when I searched the SH5 folder I found the mods under the Generic Patch installer. When I try to open this installer it does not work and says it's corrupted or some such.

What have I done wrong?

Cheers

Deano
Deano1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-19, 11:50 AM   #2
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Deano...

You can’t use both Wolves of steel (TWoS) and other megamods.

If this is what you did I suggest a full clean reinstall. And then choose which megamod, and stick with it.

TWoS uses many mods that are custom fit to work together. If you introduce strange mods, it can cause some unexpected errors.

TWoS comes with documentation listing all mods it comes with.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-19, 05:00 PM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi D
You cannot run 2 SH5 individual games.
Without going into details they will share certain files and applications.

The Generic Patcher is not a problem as there is not really a conflict here between the 2 mega mods.
Currently in your game they are both sharing the same SH5 saved game folder which you do not want.

The Options File Editor Viewer may also be a problem!

What you will need to do is a complete uninstall of all SH5 including your saved game folder SH5.
Run the registry cleaner before re-installing.
How To Use The Free Registry Cleaner 'Ccleaner' > Pictorial > Includes Download Link

When you re-install for example to C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5 you need to update your game to v1.2
Update SH5 From v1.0.5.0 To v1.2.0 Immediately After Installing > Pictorial
Check that your game loads to the games main menu and then exit to the desktop.

Your re-install will already have created your SH5 saved game folder in C:\Documents but you will also need a separate one for sobers mega mod.

You need to make a copy of your game, this is the Silent Hunter 5 main game folder and rename it for example sobers mega mod.
Might look like this C:\sobers mega mod
You do not want C:\Ubisoft\sobers mega mod

Run both games SH5.exe as administrators.
How To Run The SH5.exe As Administrator > Pictorial

You now need to download Multi SH5.
Multiple Silent Hunter 5 Installs [S5M]_MULTiSH5 By BL!TZKE!EG
You can download this into the sobers mega mod and extract the contents.
When you start the Multi SH5 application you will be asked to create a new saved game folder for example this could be called SMM or SOB.

Install TWoS first following the installation instructions carefully especially the gps snapshot file for the GFP.
Make sure that this is setup with JSGME, GFP and OFEV first before starting your sobers one.

Now you need to start sobers mega mod and make sure that it loads to the games main menu and then exit to the desktop.

You can now install and enable sobers taking care
especially over the gps snapshot file for the GFP.

When using the OFEV with sobers make sure you have the correct paths for his mega mod and not TWoS.

Sobers mega mod can only be used with "silentotto" TWoS can be career based or "silentotto".

Hopefully I have covered everything.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 12:46 AM   #4
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
un the registry cleaner before re-installing.
How To Use The Free Registry Cleaner 'Ccleaner' > Pictorial > Includes Download Link
Peter here i must disagree with you... Ccleaner it's not a registry Cleaner and no clean your registry....ccleaner will clean your pc from temp files, caches,browser history etc etc... ccleaner has registry fix option which one is really crap one... i don't use cclceaner since they database was hacked and the ccleaner.exe was compromised with a malware...more then 20.3 millions user get infected with that malware when they have updated ccleaner...

to get rid of sh5 remainig files its really simple delete Sh5 folder from my Documents and Sh5 install folder nothing more... SH5 will not write anything in
Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher or somewhere else

Last edited by Sjizzle; 03-21-19 at 04:09 AM.
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 03:22 AM   #5
Deano1956
Swabbie

Downloads: 17

Thanks men,

Really appreciate the info. I know it's all here on the forum but as with all forums there's so much info it's hard to track sometimes. Again much appreciated. I shall clean install and start again.

Cheers

Deano
Deano1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 06:53 AM   #6
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Fifi
This is what I was referring to.

I used Ccleaner for many years without any problems and even when it got hacked I was informed immediately of a new update.
I no longer use Ccleaner as I use Bullguard Professional which is multi functional and does everything for me automatically.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote