SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-02-17, 09:09 PM   #1336
mikey117us
Engineer

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0
Icon14

If you need my vote I give it here to change your screen name to iambecomelegend! Epic ships that change the game whatever mega mod used!
mikey117us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 02:40 AM   #1337
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Amazing! What a project, IABL!!

Many Thanks for sharing your work.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 06:24 AM   #1338
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

@IABL

Many, many thanks mate. Absolutely stunning work and well worth the wait

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-17, 09:17 AM   #1339
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Look in the folder T13A.

There is a surprise!
@ IABL
T15B
No model
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 07:54 PM   #1340
Martin James
Watch

Downloads: 88

Hi, thank you for your work on this excellent mod. I assume "MFM3.2 displacement correction mod" is no longer useful or needed?
Martin James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 04:50 AM   #1341
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

@iambecomelife!
I strongly recommend that you review the zon. files!
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 11:26 AM   #1342
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Not too likely. The MFM ships are now almost ten years old. They have so many mistakes in proportions, etc that I am not doing any more major maintenance on them. This latest update was to correct some of the most serious errors. Correcting all collision spheres for an obsolete mod will not be done. My strategy now is to design better merchant ships,, brand new, for the mfm replacement.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-17, 03:05 AM   #1343
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Not too likely. The MFM ships are now almost ten years old. They have so many mistakes in proportions, etc that I am not doing any more major maintenance on them. This latest update was to correct some of the most serious errors. Correcting all collision spheres for an obsolete mod will not be done. My strategy now is to design better merchant ships,, brand new, for the mfm replacement.
Hi iambecomelife
Is possible use new MFM3.3 with NYGM+mfm interim beta?

Old 06-16-17, 03:34 AM   #1344
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Hi iambecomelife
Is possible use new MFM3.3 with NYGM+mfm interim beta?

My intrest too...
Old 06-17-17, 07:39 AM   #1345
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obltn Strand View Post
My intrest too...
That will interfere with the changes made to the .zon files in this update. I don't think it would be game breaking and cause crashes, but I do not recommend it.
Old 06-17-17, 04:17 PM   #1346
Moostic
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Icon1

Hey there, not sure if I'm a little late to the party but anyway.
Been testing out the mod, finding it great so far. Just a few mild concerns is all.
The diversity of the ships is great, but the one thing that bothers me is the big silly flags on the sides of the hull, and the fact that they don't quite align with the country the ship ACTUALLY belongs to.
For instance I was patrolling north of the English channel and stumbled upon a merchant with the greek flag on the side, when in fact the ship actually belonged to Britain (You can't tell that just from looking at it.) And at this time, Greece was not at war with Germany.
I'm not sure if this is an actual feature, but it is mildly bothersome and I'm wondering if there may be some sort of solution or alternative or what have you. A skin pack perhaps?
Moostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 06:47 PM   #1347
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostic View Post
Hey there, not sure if I'm a little late to the party but anyway.
Been testing out the mod, finding it great so far. Just a few mild concerns is all.
The diversity of the ships is great, but the one thing that bothers me is the big silly flags on the sides of the hull, and the fact that they don't quite align with the country the ship ACTUALLY belongs to.
For instance I was patrolling north of the English channel and stumbled upon a merchant with the greek flag on the side, when in fact the ship actually belonged to Britain (You can't tell that just from looking at it.) And at this time, Greece was not at war with Germany.
I'm not sure if this is an actual feature, but it is mildly bothersome and I'm wondering if there may be some sort of solution or alternative or what have you. A skin pack perhaps?
First, a ship may belong to one country but be registered in another. Also many ships that were registered under a foreign flag were quite often taken into the service of their parent nations. What ever flag the ship is flying on its mast is the country it belongs to at the time. It's an accurate representation I assure you.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 08:22 PM   #1348
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
First, a ship may belong to one country but be registered in another. Also many ships that were registered under a foreign flag were quite often taken into the service of their parent nations. What ever flag the ship is flying on its mast is the country it belongs to at the time. It's an accurate representation I assure you.
Right. The giant hull flags are accurate (see images below), and in fact i toned it down a little bit. Some neutral ships had flags and stripes covering the entire hull. By the end of the war, some Swedish ships were almost 100% blue and yellow on the sides, with lights and huge wooden flags erected on top of the deckhouse.

If you install the skin packs based on the time indicated, hull flags disappear as countries join the Allies (no American hull flags after early 1942, for example).

Old 06-18-17, 12:58 AM   #1349
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

Quote:
That will interfere with the changes made to the .zon files in this update. I don't think it would be game breaking and cause crashes, but I do not recommend it.
Ok..thanks...I will test it anyway
Old 06-19-17, 07:03 PM   #1350
Moostic
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Icon1

Quote:
If you install the skin packs based on the time indicated, hull flags disappear as countries join the Allies (no American hull flags after early 1942, for example).
The links for the skin packs are long gone, and I've been looking for them high and low. Would you mind providing a link to them?
Moostic is offline   Reply With Quote