SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-09, 10:27 PM   #61
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Alright, I have news...

After disabling RFB and RSRD (plus the lock fix for RFB) I have found that the bridge station does indeed work (as do the binoculars, and UZO) It is definitely something to see all the guns firing. AND to see them taking on 2-3 targets at a time...plus aircraft...

You can literally be surrounded and end up shooting 3-4 targets at a time (though most will get the 5").

I'm thinking that the problem lies with either RFB or RSRD, more likely RFB as RSRD is only campaign stuff...
Old 01-13-09, 01:03 PM   #62
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Hi,

same with Trigger Maru 1.62 here,

...seams that the actual Carolina is a bit too strong in my eyes, she can fight 4-5 Yamato BB´s without big problems...

...she is also working in coop mp, would it be possible to have more vessels for adversial or moded coop to fight each other pvp ?

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 02:19 PM   #63
Travis Reed
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly
Hi,

...seams that the actual Carolina is a bit too strong in my eyes, she can fight 4-5 Yamato BB´s without big problems...
I find that that is mostly because they can't hit for crap unless they are up close... Note that the same is true for your own gunners as well...
Old 01-13-09, 09:52 PM   #64
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

most of why the mod problems arise with the two is because they all use a different HUD/GUI layout....

the mod overwrites the campaign files re/overwritten by RFB and RSRDC, the most you would end up with is a lack of starting crew.

ALSO!
the mods use a different model than the mod here.
my guess. which is as educated as its going to get without building one of the things myself, the bridge is probably where the supermod file puts it. call it a horrible theory, but i wouldnt be suprised if thats the case
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-09, 06:56 PM   #65
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Reed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly
Hi,

I find that that is mostly because they can't hit for crap unless they are up close... Note that the same is true for your own gunners as well...
ohh this is done by AI fire only, not usuing the gun by myself... also sensors and ai ranges have to be worked on, problem here is: If you allow AI to fire at 12 or 13k range enemy`s big guns can fire and hit you, your own ai 16 inch guns try to arm, but while arming they lost contact lock and turn back. Now ive set a max AI ´gun range to 8k, own ai-crew lock range also 8k, own hitpoints from 800 to 900 but armor from 96 to 95, will test 94... works more balanced now...

Old 01-19-09, 06:01 PM   #66
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

ohh and by the way...

some nice impressions we had with coop mp... http://www.9teuflottille.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7652
(carefull more than 150 screenshots)

Thank You CaptSovhan

Old 01-20-09, 06:17 PM   #67
sploitz
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Something i dont understand is that i dont have any AA gun slots and Deck watch slots (for putting crew there) anymore using the RFB -> North Carolina Setup

id like to know what file is causing this
sploitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-09, 04:28 AM   #68
Travis Reed
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sploitz
Something i dont understand is that i dont have any AA gun slots and Deck watch slots (for putting crew there) anymore using the RFB -> North Carolina Setup

id like to know what file is causing this
This is something I noted while using the RFB>RSRD>North Carolina setup as well. None of the mannable AA guns are mounted and there don't seem to be slots to mount them (when viewed from the in base upgrade screen). And yeah, there's no crew slots for AA.

I run Stock>North Carolina now and have no problems with the ship...but I lose the realism of RFB...
Old 01-26-09, 03:59 PM   #69
thyro
Commander

Location: on a rock surrounded by water, that people call it UK
Downloads: 31

Superb work with this mod... it is really a joy sailing this ship. Many thanks

edit: only 1 observation ... pls check the bottom of the ship has couple features hanging there... not sure if they should be there... apart from that it is simply super! Thanks

Last edited by thyro; 01-26-09 at 04:17 PM.
thyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 01:16 AM   #70
Trainman1912
Nub

Downloads: 29
Default Problem loading mod.

Greetings, my name is Joshua Andersen and I am new to the forum. I have SHIV on my computer and its v1.5. I installed the JSGME and downloaded the mod and put it into a file marked MODS on the games folder. I ran the JSGME and it said the mod was activated, but every time I run the game I get nothing. Still the same old game, no NC or anything. I have been racking my brain for hours trying to figure this one out. Any help is much apprecited. Thank You.
Josh
Trainman1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 01:39 AM   #71
claybirdd
Frogman

Downloads: 32

I had the same issue the other day. You just have to make a new folder named whatever and put the data folder inside of the one you just created and put that into your mod folder and jsgme it.
claybirdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 10:00 AM   #72
Trainman1912
Nub

Downloads: 29
Default Working now.

Thanks bud. I finally got it working. Took me 3 hours, but I got it.
Trainman1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 09:12 PM   #73
jmardlin
Soundman

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Subsim
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
Almost now, just a bit more patience as I am finalizing basic funtionality...

PS: these are some older screenshots of a debug build...

i know the boxes are flood compartments but what is the circle thing for? on the carrier.
These should be the damage spheres for the hull of the ship listed in the .zon file
jmardlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 06:33 PM   #74
jmardlin
Soundman

I am working on the original style deck guns for the North Carolina class. It will be a mod for the playable North Carolina.
Old 02-05-09, 12:31 AM   #75
jmardlin
Soundman

Default It's finished

I have completed a 14" quadruple turret for the playable North Carolina. http://hosted.filefront.com/jmardlin/

Last edited by jmardlin; 06-30-09 at 09:02 PM.