Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 09-10-07, 06:40 PM   #16
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Another option: You could always post the .trk file. let people d/l and install via Il2 and watch. downside is (we get to see the whole track)
But if your willing to pays your money I hear (growler) guncam does the best job, it's not a system hog and it gives pretty good results (unlike fraps) I'll get it one day, but I'm quite happy with fraps/vdub/wmm for the moment.lets face it were not going to get any oscars or bafta's or such ......right thankyou very much i would like to thank my mother and my granny and my .................:rotfl:

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 04:28 AM   #17
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Now now kratos,

calm down, I know you couldnt lose your adreline yesterday because of the itsy bitsy rain that caused serious power glitches in the whole freaking village of ours.

Xabba, the default Movie maker is crap in XP
but the Updated version (I think it comes with a service pack) is quiet good to learn the curves of movie editting. I say start with the updated movie maker of windows. and when you get the hang of it..use Ulead studio
Old 09-11-07, 04:44 AM   #18
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Yes, SP2 comes with updated WMM. WMM is good as long as you dont want to have cheesy special effects and all that. I've done all my movies with WMM, only now I've turned to Ulead.

Here, you might find this helpfull:
http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 07:25 AM   #19
Chock
Sea Lord

Like Dowly says, Windows Movie Maker is okay as long as you use the effects with caution, most of which are not what you'd call 'subtle', if nothing else it's great for compressing FRAPS files, which are always huge.

This IL2 movie was done with FRAPS and WMM:

Even though I have Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects, which both blow it out of the water in terms of capability, I still often use WMM for its simplicity, which is certainly one of its virtues.

Chock
Old 09-11-07, 12:52 PM   #20
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

If you're looking to compress and edit your film with MPEG-4, I suggest using, XVid as a video codec, VirtualDUB to compress, BeLight and BeSweet for audio compression, and NanDUB for muxing and cutting - All Free software. If you want a pro flair, use a frame server such as the extremely powerful AVISynth. Using AVISynth together with VirtualDUB and NanDUB will give you better tools, superior filters - such as 8 tap resizers - than you can get with the Adobe setup. With AVISynth, you can even latch on to the DirectX Frame Buffer if need be. There are more plugins for AVISynth than any other program I know and I usually use it exclusively.

If your capture is MPEG-2 by the way, you probably want DGDecode as well.

Just my 2 cents. Its a complicated world though so you might be better off with the Adobe tools.

-S
Old 09-11-07, 01:55 PM   #21
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

I'm just making silly videos in IL-2 just finished one and will upload to YouTube once I get the confirmation e-mail.