SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-16, 02:21 PM   #511
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

I can report a Problem in combination with Wolves of steel.
In the area north of Wilhelmshafen the game will always CTD if you enter a specific area (roughly between the islands Wangerooge and Mellum and east of Mellum). I guess there is some unit around that the game doesn´t know how to handle, if this is enabled together with WoS.

Any ideas what might be causing this?
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 02:30 PM   #512
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Can you please provide map screenshot of the area?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 03:24 PM   #513
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Can you please provide map screenshot of the area?
Sure

The game will CTD one (ingame real time) minute after this. It will also CTD when I try to sail eastwards around that island. 100% reproducable
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 11:47 PM   #514
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

gear looking into it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
I can report a Problem in combination with Wolves of steel.
In the area north of Wilhelmshafen the game will always CTD if you enter a specific area (roughly between the islands Wangerooge and Mellum and east of Mellum). I guess there is some unit around that the game doesn´t know how to handle, if this is enabled together with WoS.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

The game will CTD one (ingame real time) minute after this. It will also CTD when I try to sail eastwards around that island. 100% reproducable
I am also using TWOS 1.05/10 and currently experiencing this problem in exact same place but only if I am in the Type VIIB and only if I have my SuperTurms_FX_SubFlags MOD installed. The Type VIIA had no problems even when using my SuperTurms_FX_SubFlags MOD.

I have been looking into this issue and I am creating a Index of .dat,.dsd file type Node ID's.

I suspect a Node ID conflict with the White light Buoys that are around the tiny island.
Not sure if the conflict is with a Node ID in my MOD or my MOD just makes issue present itself, but I will be soon.

I've had my version of Room_QR1 installed the entire time and haven't had any issue's as yet with this new version I just uploaded.
The new version also contains two new install options
- Food does not vanish over time.
- No Food at all.

Still on first Campaign doing South Western Approach now.
Not sure if Med CTD issue still exists as yet and would appreciate some feedback.

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 01:14 AM   #515
vdr1981
Navy Seal

There was really handy tool made by Privateer for duplicated I'd. Try to google it...duplicated id finder or something...
However, I went down this road many times and I don't think that simmple id conflict is the cause for the issues but I hope you guys will prove me wrong.

Last edited by vdr1981; 05-03-16 at 01:54 AM.
Old 05-03-16, 07:43 AM   #516
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
There was really handy tool made by Privateer for duplicated I'd. Try to google it...duplicated id finder or something...
However, I went down this road many times and I don't think that simmple id conflict is the cause for the issues but I hope you guys will prove me wrong.
I use to have that tool/utility but not sure how thorough it is. It does not work with .GR2 and other newer file types associated specifically with the GR2 Model.
Simple Node ID, LOL. Why did they bother making a Node ID verifier Tool if so simple.
Might want to ask Skawsjr about seriousness of a Node ID conflict.

Old 05-03-16, 08:03 AM   #517
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Did you ever manage to intentionally reproduce duplicated Id ctd in sh5?
how small are the chances for duplicated node id ever to occur?

Last edited by vdr1981; 05-03-16 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-03-16, 04:36 PM   #518
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

TheBeast is correct in stating that Privateer's duplicated IDs finder cant track down GR2 IDs.
The chance of two randomly generated IDs being identical, is pretty low (there are are billions of possible IDs), but human errors can make this evenience more likely. Silent3ditor comes with an usufeful ID remapping feature, which makes the remapping of the IDs of a set of dat, sim etc. files possible in a few click. If you suspect that one of OHs buoys has some IDs vonflicting with silentmichaels mod, the said remapping tool might come in handy
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-16, 09:12 AM   #519
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Welcome back gap !
There was a lot of talk about id issues on forums, yet I never observed mentioned problem in actual gameplay.

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with eye candy mods without any gameplay functionality.
However, when I get back home, I'll try to create several test missions which should prove to you guys that duplicated IDs or even problematic mods it self have nothing to do with current game instabilities asocieted with heavily modded sh5.
Old 05-04-16, 09:16 AM   #520
vdr1981
Navy Seal

@ The beast
I can't answer your pm in detailes now. You should post your questions in twos thread and search for possible answers in my signature.
Old 05-20-16, 06:12 PM   #521
TheBeast
The Old Man

Default Dupe ID's

Took a while to compile a list of all the ID's but I am certain there are no Dupe ID's shared between the Buoys and Room_QR1.

I did make a small changes and the Interior has been 100% compatible with TWOS for the past couple weeks and I am currently based in Lorient.

I am using the Room_QR1_No_Food version.
I also removed RayTracedHalo's from the Table Lamp and Toilets.
- Renamed Room_QR1\data\Library\Room_Int_LampHalo.dat to Room_Int_LampHalo.dat.bak so it doesn't get loaded.

I removed the Halo's after performing several tests on Exhaust Smoke that I've also removed from the Player Submarine.
I even tried using 3 different ship funnel smokes. If any exhaust is active on Player Submarine, All caused CTD in TWOS when nearing a Port.

Old 07-02-16, 12:02 PM   #522
Darojax
A-ganger

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Absolutely great work here, thanks.

I'm really in love with the quarter room dining place. Is it possible to implement ONLY this part of the mod somehow?
Darojax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 07:14 PM   #523
silentmichal
Frogman

Downloads: 241

Yep that's possible but if you want to have just dining place (excluding toilet, new bed, new Enigma machine etc.) you have to know it involves lots of work (cause you have to edit QR1 file and as we all know that's a bit tiresome).

Forgot to add some time ago: TheBeast, your work is as always awesome
Old 07-03-16, 06:39 AM   #524
Darojax
A-ganger

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Alright cheers. : )

I would be using this mod if it wasn't for the open toilet doors. I tried going into the mod files using the GR2Editor with the intention of just closing those doors, but not sure how to begin even.
Darojax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 08:17 AM   #525
silentmichal
Frogman

Downloads: 241

Initially I wanted to make these toilet doors open- and close-able. Although I haven't made any bigger research about it

Tags
dinning place, interior, silentmichal