SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-12, 02:44 AM   #1
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default WIP: type 9d2 with schnorkel

Hi,

I have been messing around with the type IXD2 uboat for the stock 1.5 by adding a schnorkel , as you can see by the pictures. But I need a bit of help with the configs files etc, also the Silent 3ditor to animate the schnorkel by a key press.

Anyone feels like getting involved please contact me.

Old 04-04-12, 01:14 PM   #2
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidslotm View Post
Hi,

I have been messing around with the type IXD2 uboat for the stock 1.5 by adding a schnorkel , as you can see by the pictures. But I need a bit of help with the configs files etc, also the Silent 3ditor to animate the schnorkel by a key press.

Anyone feels like getting involved please contact me.
Hi sidslotm,

We put snorkels on some of the IJN subs that used them. So I can help. I don't know exactly what you did, so I will just tell you what we did.
We didn't actually put the 3D snorkel on the sub. We created a library file for the IJN stuff that was different than German stuff and called it the Senzori2.dat and put the snorkel in there. But in your case the senzori.dat already has a snorkel, but we needed to make one that looked like the IJN type. Then in the .sim file we put a Obj_snorkel with the parent being the snorkel ID. The obj_snorkel also has an obj_extensible component to put

type=snorkel
max height=
ext time=

so you need to experiment a bit to see how high it needs to go and how fast it should go.
But in your case the stuff is already there so you don't need to do that part.

Then in the unitparts1subname.upcge we put

[UnitPart 1.Compartment 1.EquipmentSlot 6]
ID= SnorkelSlot
NameDisplayable= Snorkel
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes= NULL
UserCustomizable=No
IDLinkEquipmentIntervalDefault1= NULL, NULL, jbSnorkel
ExternalNodeName3D= SNK
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D= -1

That linked to a file in equipment.upc:

[Equipment 45]
ID=jbSnorkel
NameDisplayable= IJN JB Snorkel
FunctionalType= EqFTypeSnorkel
EquipmentInterval= NULL, NULL
EquipmentSlotType=SnorkelSlot
ExternalLinkName3D= NSS_Jyunsen_B_Snorkel
Hitpoints= 100
DamageDescription1= NULL, 0, 0.2, 0, 1, 1, small malfunction, 0, 0, NULL, 0.3, 0.4, 4
DamageDescription2= NULL, 0.2, 0.6, 0, 1, 1, Misaligned Axis, 0, 0, NULL, 0.5, 0.4, 10
DamageDescription3= NULL, 0.6, 1, 0, 1, 1, fuse blown, 0, 0, NULL, 1, 0.2, 15
DamageDescription4= NULL, 0.9, 1, 0, 1, 1, Sonar Head broken, 0, 0, NULL, 1, 1, 15

In your case, if you are using the ingame snorkel, you link to the NSS_Uboat21_SCHNORCHEL

And in the subname.upcge in the functionalsubsystem section put:

[UserPlayerUnit 1.FunctionalSubsystem 32]
ID= Snorkel
NameDisplayable= Snorkel
FunctionalType= Snorkel
IDLinkFunctionalSubsystemSlots= SnorkelSlot, 0

Then in the tower, Objects folder, for the tower.dat we put and entry to link to the SNK, same as you would for an R01, D01 whatever. We just used SNK. If you notice in the equipment.upc it says: ExternalNodeName3D= SNK

So in the tower.dat file we put an entry to link to:
node:- cfg#SNK_NSS_Jyunsen_B

So that complete the links from the tower.dat to the SNK in the tower.upcge and from there to the equipment.upc and then to the senzori.dat with the snorkel in it.
That is how we did it, so it would have a zone and show in the equipment screen and can be damaged and repaired. Of ya, forgot to mention there is also an entry in the tower.zon file.

Now for the button press, I don't remember if we even set that up. I added buttons using menumaker and unless I am doing something wrong, the Toggle_Snorkel command does not work like the periscope. It does not change if the the Snorkel is up. so you have no idea if it is up or down unless you have external camera.
So I set two buttons, one for rise_Snorkel and Lower_snorkel so you could make sure it is where it belongs. Then I added a third button for Snorkel depth, since it needed a different depth than the periscopes.

One thing to note, the snorkel does not solve the C02 problem. it only gives air so you can use the Diesels engines, it does not lower the C02 consentration.

If I can be of any help, let me know.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 05:03 AM   #3
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

thanks Peabody,

Schnorkel a bit low here, but rectified now. It's just the texture, why they apear different I don't yet know, they are the same file.

yes I have found other files with the schnorkel, I just need to work it out. You have put a lot of information up so I recon I'll copy it into a work file to brouse later on.

The key press already works thankfully, due to another mod. The main issue will be the animation file for me, have'nt found that one yet.

What I'm looking for is a simple beginners uboat mod, I personaly like the stock uboat add-on, but the boats fall short in quality and I'm just looking to create a kind of first timers boat as it were.

much thanks, sid