Uploads: 73

bravo
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 08:03 AM   #77
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434
Uploads: 0

Really impressive!!! Great and very nice...
Thank you for sharing Stoianm

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 01:41 PM   #78
ETsd4
中国水兵

Downloads: 91

Thxs for the PRO-with-RealNav-Vid. The voice-commanding is beautiful. The torpedo-hit animation was less pretty to look at. But the look of the burning and broken ship on the horizon was IMO quite realistic.
ETsd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 02:19 AM   #79
Captain Can
Soundman

Downloads: 65

Mihai great tutorials my friend , it will help a lot to those who want materials about whole gameplay.

do you mind if i ask you which sound mods are you currently using? i watched your last video " how to play SH like a pro " and i really liked sounds and speeches.
Old 03-28-11, 02:23 AM   #80
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Can View Post
Mihai great tutorials my friend , it will help a lot to those who want materials about whole gameplay.

do you mind if i ask you which sound mods are you currently using? i watched your last video " how to play SH like a pro " and i really liked sounds and speeches.
tnx... here are my sounds mods that i use:

Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional -6db damped Sonarguy
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional NavMap babelling
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional remaining orig sounds converted to 22Khz
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3
Unterseeboot II SFX
sobers talking conning crew mod
Env sounds
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 07:23 AM   #81
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
No you are not doing nothing wrong... it is like an bug... after you use stadymeter the AOB is reset and is going back at the last locked value... i spoked about that with TDW and he will fix this soon
Stoianm, i'm still having problems with the AOB reseting when using the stadimeter. I know you said its a bug but I looked at some of the documentaiton in the NewUI mod and there is mention of a AOBFix that can be enabled to make sure the AOB doesn't reset every time you enter a new range with stadimeter. How do I enable this?

I also read through some posts from TDW in the NewUI forum where he talks about using the dials and entering the range and aob with the red button instead of using the stock XO box to enter data. If I use the AOB dial added by TDWs mod will that fix this problem?

It's too hard to reset the AOB after EVERY range entry so I'm pretty much only using the 90 degree fast attack (aka Dick O'Kane constant bearing) methods until I find a good way to fix this. These methods are good but not every tactical situation is suited to them.

I suppose I should post this in TDW's UI forum also but you are always so full of knowledge and experience about SH5 manual targeting.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 07:33 AM   #82
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Stoianm, i'm still having problems with the AOB reseting when using the stadimeter. I know you said its a bug but I looked at some of the documentaiton in the NewUI mod and there is mention of a AOBFix that can be enabled to make sure the AOB doesn't reset every time you enter a new range with stadimeter. How do I enable this?

I also read through some posts from TDW in the NewUI forum where he talks about using the dials and entering the range and aob with the red button instead of using the stock XO box to enter data. If I use the AOB dial added by TDWs mod will that fix this problem?

It's too hard to reset the AOB after EVERY range entry so I'm pretty much only using the 90 degree fast attack (aka Dick O'Kane constant bearing) methods until I find a good way to fix this. These methods are good but not every tactical situation is suited to them.

I suppose I should post this in TDW's UI forum also but you are always so full of knowledge and experience about SH5 manual targeting.
TDW know the problem already ... not need to post on the UI thread ... and he will look at this problem but at the moment he has another ,,bigger fish to frie'' probably... and i am doing like you ... because of that i am using the fast 90 most of the time... but you can use this trick to corect the problem:
1) take range
2) take AOB
3) mark the bearing corespondent for the AOB:
for example bearing 360 corespondent for AOB 80 degree and the ship is heading to your direction
4) take range again... here your AOB is reset... you can corect the AOB by reading the new bearing.. for example:
new bearing is 355 degree
dieference for bearing is 360-355= 5 degree ===>> the AOB then is 80+5=85 degrees... so you do not need to calculate again the AOB ... just to do an fast math
Old 03-28-11, 07:39 AM   #83
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Quote:
TDW know the problem already ... not need to post on the UI thread ... and he will look at this problem but at the moment he has another ,,bigger fish to frie'' probably... and i am doing like you ... because of that i am using the fast 90 most of the time... but you can use this trick to corect the problem:
1) take range
2) take AOB
for example bearing 360 corespondent for AOB 80 degree and the ship is heading to your direction
4) take range again... here your AOB is reset... you can corect the AOB by reading the new bearing.. for example:
dieference for bearing is 360-355= 5 degree ===>> the AOB then is 80+5=85 degrees... so you do not need to calculate again the AOB ... just to do an fast math
So basically you are "predicting" what a future AOB will be at a certain bearing and when the target passes that bearing you reset the AOB? Makes sense. I'll try that next time.

On a side note...I don't think depth soundings are very accurate. I did a test dive the other day in 100m of water (according to depth sounding). I set dive for 80m. At about 75m I hear a loud crunch....my sub hit the bottom. I think the depth readings are actually about 25m more than they really are. Anyone else confirm this?
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 09:08 AM   #84
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Post #1 changed for easyer acces
regards
Old 03-28-11, 01:22 PM   #85
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
1) take range
2) take AOB
This AOB will only work if your are at 90deg to target heading.
At 85deg the error may be small and torps will still hit if you are close enough.
The further away from 90deg to the target heading you are, the more error will be in this method.
Old 03-28-11, 01:32 PM   #86
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
This AOB will only work if your are at 90deg to target heading.
At 85deg the error may be small and torps will still hit if you are close enough.
The further away from 90deg to the target heading you are, the more error will be in this method.
i was not very clear in my explanation sorry... i was not speaking about an fast 90 degree attack.. just an regular one... to understand what i am mean see this movie tutorial:

16) How to play like a PRO Silent Hunter 5 ==> Link

what i mean.. if my bearing at an moment is 355 and the AOB in that moment is 56 (and the ship is headind in my direction) than the AOB is increase with same degree numbers that the bearing increase:

if bearing change at 358 than the AOB will be 59 and so on
Old 03-28-11, 01:35 PM   #87
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
i was not very clear in my explanation sorry... i was not speaking about an fast 90 degree attack.. just an regular one... to understand what i am mean see this movie tutorial:

16) How to play like a PRO Silent Hunter 5 ==> Link

what i mean.. if my bearing at an moment is 355 and the AOB in that moment is 56 (and the ship is headind in my direction) than the AOB is increase with same degree numbers that the bearing increase:

if bearing change at 358 than the AOB will be 59 and so on
Ahh ok sorry Stoianm I have not watched the movie yet. I will do so now
Old 03-28-11, 02:31 PM   #88
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Ahh ok sorry Stoianm I have not watched the movie yet. I will do so now
you know trevally maybe you are right that the AOB is related at bearing only in an 90 degree position... i will test this soon in game and i come back with a clarification for this problem

EDIT: yes you had right... AOB is related to bearing only at an 90 degree angle... so the value for AOB formula can be aplied only if you make an 90 degree angle with the ship course

Last edited by stoianm; 03-28-11 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-28-11, 02:35 PM   #89
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
you know trevally maybe you are right that the AOB is related at bearing only in an 90 degree position... i will test this soon in game and i come back with a clarification for this problem
Ive done it again. Sorry all.

Note to self: use PM!
Old 03-28-11, 03:44 PM   #90
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Default How to attack airplanes in SH5

Hi,

a new video tutorial:

17) How to attack airplanes in SH5 ==> Link

See post #1 for details