SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III > SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-23-05, 09:55 PM   #31
von Buelow
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I do understand, my comment was off topic, speaking generally.

I wish this "feature" of AI could be editable - in that you can check/uncheck if you want them to fire on friendlies.

I'd like to leave my deck gunner firing during multiplay without firing on my teammates - and vice versa!
Old 10-24-05, 12:46 PM   #32
von Buelow
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

anyone for help on #2 ??
Old 11-20-05, 03:09 PM   #33
von Buelow
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Spawning question...

I have another idea for a custom mission...

Start out with 4-6 ships... in a small convoy. Each time one ship is sunk, there are 2 that are spawned, from a relatively nearby position. (Or for a variation, all the ships in a round must be sunk to spawn the next round.)

And this contines for 4 "rounds" so that there will be a total of 32-48 ships to be sunk. Each round would spawn harder & bigger ships.

Is this possible in the editor?
Old 11-20-05, 04:34 PM   #34
Argus
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Nice idea, but the spawn part of the editor is broken. I already tried to spawn several surface vessels, when a certain unit was destroyed ... it doesn't work.

That's one of the bugs, that I wanted to get fixed before the official support of SHIII ended. Too bad ...
Argus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-05, 11:43 PM   #35
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1
Default Mission Complete is triggered at start ?

Im making myself some missions, sort of the same sub carries on from each one patrol to the next. So therefore my patrols will have the Primary as Return to base to complete mission.

To create a Return to base, i use the Map zone feature right? But how do i stop if from triggering as soon as ive started the mission i get "Mission Complete" Do i have to make it so my return to base will be a different base from the one im starting.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-05, 02:42 AM   #36
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

What was i thinking If i want to setup my single player missions to make primary return to base, i dont have to do anything, all i have to do in the mission is RETURN TO BASE. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Spent hrs hacking my brain for nothing...

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 03:31 AM   #37
Kompressor
Bilge Rat

Its really "zum kotzen" (in german) that the spawning function isn't working. As others did I tried anything. Nada.
What kind of thrilling missions we could create if this function would work!

Really fast and out of the nothing coming destroyers for example. Or ships departuring the harbour by time while your u-boat is in that habour. Well... it doesn't work.

Anything new on this topic?

Maybe we have to edit the mission-files manually. In the campaign there is sometimes a nasty beaming noise when you arrive in the boat, so I think the funktion is implemented.
in a savegamefile of the campaign I found commands like "DepartureLong=xxxxxxx.xxxxx" "DepartureHeading=xxx" etc.
But until now I could not bring it to work.
If there is anything new on this topic: Give it to me. ;-)
I tried for days and I simply do not accept that the spawning function does not work. It can not be true (I hope).
Kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 09:23 PM   #38
booger2005
Engineer

Downloads: 11

I've looked into this too and think it may be a poorly implemented feature, and not a "bug". My reason for thinking this?

Without even using spawn, if you place in a ship within visual range of your boat scheduled to appear 1 minute after the mission begins, it will not appear. However, Navel Bases can appear after your mission starts. So possibly there is some mechanism by which having a "ghost ship" to appear before your very eyes is not allowed.

On the otherhand, the delete feature is unreliable also, not disabled but not right, either. (If I remember righ I tried to get ship 1 to dissapear when ship 2 was sunk, but ship 2 was the one that dissappears and for no apparent reason)

Incidently, I've also had a lot of trouble with the time trigger. If you schedule a radio message to appear more than a few hours in the future, it will appear as soon as the mission starts instead.

booger2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 09:13 AM   #39
uhu
Shore leave

Default Delaying the beggining of a ship's travel?

Hi,

Is there a way, to add some time before a ship goes to its travel?
For example, it stay for 20 minutes, after that, it goes with 10 knots on its way.
uhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-06, 10:04 PM   #40
booger2005
Engineer

Default Re: Delaying the beggining of a ship's travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhu
Hi,

For example, it stay for 20 minutes, after that, it goes with 10 knots on its way.
No. But, what you can do is have it loop around in a circle slowly for the length of time you want, then move away quickly.
Old 03-19-06, 03:31 AM   #41
uhu
Shore leave

Default Re: Delaying the beggining of a ship's travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhu
Hi,

No. But, what you can do is have it loop around in a circle slowly for the length of time you want, then move away quickly.
Thanks, thats's also something, even if it's not wat I wanted.
I experimenced about the take a same type ship over the other, and when the 1st one exits from the scenario, in the same time, a moving one appears - but the moving one dont showed up, and the 1st one don't dissapeared.
Old 03-19-06, 04:49 AM   #42
booger2005
Engineer

In single missions, its impossible for a ship to show up in visual range (or possibly at all) after a mission starts. This includes spawning using the "Events" options or scheduling any ships to appear after the mission start. There has been some speculation/debate whether this is a bug or a feature to prevent "phanton ships" from appearing out of nowhere. I too have had problems with deleting ships in single missions. I think its bugged.

Trust me, its going to be impossible to do exactly what you want. Sorry I've been there too.
Old 03-20-06, 04:56 AM   #43
uhu
Shore leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger2005
In single missions, its impossible for a ship to show up in visual range (or possibly at all) after a mission starts. This includes spawning using the "Events" options or scheduling any ships to appear after the mission start. There has been some speculation/debate whether this is a bug or a feature to prevent "phanton ships" from appearing out of nowhere. I too have had problems with deleting ships in single missions. I think its bugged.

Trust me, its going to be impossible to do exactly what you want. Sorry I've been there too.
Well, thanks for the info!
And what about this things in the campaign? Because, I make the scenario first, but after that I want it import it in the campaign (it worked with others' made scenarios).
Old 08-09-06, 03:55 PM   #44
robbierob2005
Watch Officer

Downloads: 83
Default Spawn a unit when an objective is completed.

Is it possible to Spawn a unit when an objective is completed.
Hoiw do you do that.
I want to make a mission when you have to destroy a BB in a harbour. And when you succeed I want to spawn an unit so it's difficult to escape.

Thanks
robbierob2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 05:06 PM   #45
Safe-Keeper
Ocean Warrior

First, go to the "Mission" drop-down menu and choose "Triggers". Make a new one, and set it to "Unit Destroyed". Select the BB from the list that becomes available.

Second, go to "Events" (again from the "Mission" drop-down list). Create a new event and choose "Update Instance". Choose the ship to appear and check the "Spawn" check-box.

I'm not 100% sure on how to make a ship start outside of the game for then to be placed by the trigger, to be honest. You'll have to do a search on that or hope someone else replies.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote