SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-10, 08:03 PM   #2071
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229
Uploads: 0

Very promising looking mod, though I have yet to actually use it in an Atlantic scenario. Really appreciate the addition of the Kiel-Wilhelmshaven and Panama canals!

However, I did run into what I hope is a minor problem:

100% occurance of the game CTD'ing while accessing the museum. The museum splash screen (Yamato) loading bar will fill completely, then hang for about one minute, then the game CTDs. The game plays normally otherwise (so far...)

System Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core i5 750
8GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4770

Game Specs, in installed order.
All mods are installed manually:
1. SH4 v1.5
2. RFB v2.0
3. RSRD for RFB v575.7z
4. OM v720 (v705, v705 to v720, and v720 Patch 1)

Again, I hope this is something that does not eventually affect gameplay. These mods make an absolute gem out of SH4, and I'd hate to see anything disrupt that!
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 08:33 PM   #2072
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop64 View Post
Very promising looking mod, though I have yet to actually use it in an Atlantic scenario. Really appreciate the addition of the Kiel-Wilhelmshaven and Panama canals!

However, I did run into what I hope is a minor problem:

100% occurance of the game CTD'ing while accessing the museum. The museum splash screen (Yamato) loading bar will fill completely, then hang for about one minute, then the game CTDs. The game plays normally otherwise (so far...)

System Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core i5 750
8GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4770

Game Specs, in installed order.
All mods are installed manually:
1. SH4 v1.5
2. RFB v2.0
3. RSRD for RFB v575.7z
4. OM v720 (v705, v705 to v720, and v720 Patch 1)

Again, I hope this is something that does not eventually affect gameplay. These mods make an absolute gem out of SH4, and I'd hate to see anything disrupt that!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1979
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 08:51 PM   #2073
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhugill View Post
Sorry it was the A&B not the E&F also the long range v&w suffers the same problem. I ran a test mission serveral times and happens every time
OK

The A&B is a "clone" of the V&W.

The .zon files are correct and the ship "sink" when torpedoed.

I don't know what your doing, but unless you can provided a "re-creatable on demanded" of your claim, there is nothing wrong with the DD's
Old 01-12-10, 10:28 PM   #2074
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229

@lurker hlb3:
Thanks for the redirect. So, I'd run out of RAM loading the ships into the museum, even though I have 8 gigs worth? Now that's a lot of ships!

I'm showing 3.1 gigs used and an additional 3.5 gigs cached by the time the museum crashes, and I'm using a 64 bit OS, so it sounds like some software limitation. Oh, well...
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 08:44 AM   #2075
msalama
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 99

Eh... Hey Lurker, gotta come clean here. Seems that the last "bug" was probably my bad all the time, in that I actually seem to be unwittingly using the SH3 version of the assisted plotting mod! And who knows what weirdness _that'll_ produce

Sorry for all the bother man, getting me coat now
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 09:34 AM   #2076
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Excellent looking mod! I have just reinstalled everything and decided t o start modding it again. This is the install I currently have:

RFB 2.0
RFB 2.0 Patch 1
Eye Patch for RFB
OM V705
OMv705 to V720
OMv720 Patch 1

In a current campaign docked when installed. I then went into my campaign and went to select the transfer button. CTD each time. As your install directions don't mention all the patches to date for other mods, i.e., RFB 2.0 and Patch 1 for it and the eye patch, I'm assuming it has to be one of these. Reading through the thread I haven't noticed anything similar but with so many pages and some skimming at times I may have missed it. Thanks for any tips!
Old 01-13-10, 11:42 AM   #2077
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Avatar View Post
Excellent looking mod! I have just reinstalled everything and decided t o start modding it again. This is the install I currently have:

RFB 2.0
RFB 2.0 Patch 1
Eye Patch for RFB
OM V705
OMv705 to V720
OMv720 Patch 1

In a current campaign docked when installed. I then went into my campaign and went to select the transfer button. CTD each time. As your install directions don't mention all the patches to date for other mods, i.e., RFB 2.0 and Patch 1 for it and the eye patch, I'm assuming it has to be one of these. Reading through the thread I haven't noticed anything similar but with so many pages and some skimming at times I may have missed it. Thanks for any tips!
Require the following:

Date
Flottila
Old 01-13-10, 12:49 PM   #2078
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
Require the following:

Date
Flottila
Feb. 24th 1944

Not sure of the flotilla and since it's been so long since I've played I can't remember how to find out once a campaign is under way... Looked but no go.

Location is Surabaya

Sub is U-851 IX D2

Hope that helps and thanks for your prompt reply!
Old 01-13-10, 04:39 PM   #2079
mia389
中国水兵

Downloads: 130

I just got back into SH4 and this is a really neat mod. I am running it with RFB 2.0.

My first mission is to Norfolk in 1942. I am worried about my fuel stores. Is there any resuply enroute? Where can I find info for the milkcows?

I am also having a problem with AOB tool not showing up with KiUB from the Omega mod.
I have stock game with
rsrd
omv705
705-720
720 patch
omega300
omegapatch4

Last edited by mia389; 01-13-10 at 05:34 PM.
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 06:11 PM   #2080
mia389
中国水兵

Got my AOBF to work. I was in easy mode and forgot to change the manual targeting back on
Old 01-13-10, 06:20 PM   #2081
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Avatar View Post
Feb. 24th 1944

Not sure of the flotilla and since it's been so long since I've played I can't remember how to find out once a campaign is under way... Looked but no go.

Location is Surabaya

Sub is U-851 IX D2

Hope that helps and thanks for your prompt reply!
I conducted a number of test and I'm not able to recreate your problem
Old 01-13-10, 06:21 PM   #2082
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
My first mission is to Norfolk in 1942. I am worried about my fuel stores. Is there any resuply enroute? Where can I find info for the milkcows?
You will receive messages about "when/where" Mich Cows will be available
Old 01-13-10, 08:19 PM   #2083
mia389
中国水兵

Thats great! Adds to the realism.
Old 01-13-10, 11:33 PM   #2084
ShoCkwaVe
Bosun

Downloads: 27
Default Just wanted to say thank you

To the devs of this great mod I just wanted to give my thanks

without it sh4 would be considered in my opinion *complete crap* when compared to sh3

Now onto my requests:

1) not sure why or how to fix this Annoyance myself but has anyone noticed that when
you lock onto a merchant threw the scope, binocs ..etc the game randomly decides sometimes
not to stay locked no matter how many times you click lock which results in lost efforts
as far as tonnage credit goes when the ship is sunk?

visual distances is royally jacked I have even surfaced and gotten within 1 km and the ship
becomes unseen by crew on deck, or a lockable target so then I quickly go to the overhead map
and sure enough no ship..

so i say screw it! and start to put off then I get a SHIP SPOTTED! at random distances away
then the ship disapears again when i turn back hoping to get tonnage credit for the kill..

this bit of code/bug is pure evil & needs to be changed cuz I'm pretty sure NO1 likes wasting all
that time with sonar, ploting a good position & waiting for your shot just to be screwed with.

I for one like to kick back & enjoy my Easy set game when I actually
get time to relax because I am the type of person who throws & break things so in thinking..
example: duding torpedos *shouldnt dud* if i have that unchecked (so thank god thats fixed)

in other words please fix this before I lose yet another mouse, keyboard or anything within reaching distance.

2) I saw somewhere someone added dead sailors as being apart of debris that floats up as the ship goes down ..any way to add this into this mod?

3) the torpedoes & deck gun creates translucent alpha holes as seen damage but why not
AA guns?

4) I once set a perfect mine along a ships path and it shredded the entire front of the
tugboats bow into what looked like almost no bow left at all then observed the tugboat
scurry away as though nothing happened...

erm I may be thinking in real life here but shouldn't ships sink if they get hit by a heavy explosive?
I mean c'mon Ive seen canoes sink if they rub a rock the wrong way..

P.S. please dont even THINK about retiring..

keep up the good work guys!

Last edited by ShoCkwaVe; 01-14-10 at 12:55 AM.
ShoCkwaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-10, 12:14 AM   #2085
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
I conducted a number of test and I'm not able to recreate your problem
Huh, that's odd. Just to try it out I have disabled the RFB 2.0 mod and installed yours and started a new campaign (tried to continue the one I already started from the base but it would CTD as soon as I launched. Just got command of a XX1 too. For some reason, I can't have them both enabled on this computer. I'll have to try it on my other one and see if it works there, if so it obviously has nothing to do with your mod. Thanks for checking!